Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
The game is to easy with a controller.. I get better times with a controller then my thrustmaster t300
The controller is getting way too much help, relative to wheel.
It's aggravating, but if they don't bias it that way, sales go down, because the majority of people who buy the game are on controller. It's just the numbers, bottom line.

The best way to deal with it, is for them to track the device the driver is using, wheel or controller,
and have separate leader boards & lobbies.

Maybe they are changing the races hours?

Nope it's still Out!!! :odd: Is that it?? :boggled: It's over :confused: Will we have to wait for the real game to come out??

Tune In Tomorrow, Same GTP Channel, Same GTP Time...

Batman 1.jpg

Laughing Smiley 1.gif

Cheers Smiley.gif

For those of you who are wondering why they haven't received a code, make sure to check your promotions folder... this is here my code was sent and i didn't find it for 2 weeks...

EDK
From what I've heard, your qualifying time also impacts it.
It does, in that you get bumped up to the faster servers as soon as you get to D if your quali times are on par with top guys. Then, since you're racing with higher class people, your DR goes up faster if you do well there.

When I started I had top 10 quali times but started on pole in b-pack races, only had a couple wins before getting the bump up. Never came close to winning since :lol: but a couple podiums and consistent top 10's got me to C in less than 10 races.

Nope.. Really stinks I just been playing Pcars Ac. Just wish arcade mode was available so I could get my new car.

Yeah. This just makes me miss arcade even more. No races available today? No problem, just do some hot laps or races with the AI and there's your daily workout. There's also the fact that I could get to know my cars offline without the pressures of qualifying or being on track online (as well as me kinda occupying myself with a Top Gear-esque Leaderboard I had going with my GR.3 cars)

How many races does it normally take to get to Rank C? Just wondering how far I am off. I have an SR of 42 atm and I've done 9 races, 5 wins and 4 2nds.
Ive had 7 races in total im a C with 5 wins. Won all 3 at nurb thats when i went to a C driver. 6.48s from standing start. The letter is how "fast" you are it says but i know your very quick spurgy so prob your next race.

Here is some very good racing at Dragon Trail with IOF-Racing.

Nice race! Couple of questions, do you use a wheel and do you use ABS? I use a wheel and can't brake like you brake. If I fully apply the brakes I lock up braking takes much longer. You seem to be able to fully mash the brakes without consequence.

I have a TH8A (connected to T300) and a WRX in GTS. shifter does not work (yet)
Glad to know I'm not the only one, then.

On the other hand, I really wanted to try some H-shifter + clutch action on GT Sport... I'll have to wait for another car to come up.

Ive had 7 races in total im a C with 5 wins. Won all 3 at nurb thats when i went to a C driver. 6.48s from standing start. The letter is how "fast" you are it says but i know your very quick spurgy so prob your next race.

I looked on my profile and it says I'm only halfway through Rank D :/ Maybe Gr.3 races count for more?

I looked on my profile and it says I'm only halfway through Rank D :/ Maybe Gr.3 races count for more?
Just pace mate i think ill have a look where mine is on the scale nurb counts for alot though i think as there is alot of sectors maybe. Who knows you will be c today for sure.

Edit Did you not race the gr.3 races?

Last edited:

I also have that suspicion. Yesterday through 5 races in N300 and Gr.4 my SR didn't move and then it jumped up significantly in all of the Gr.3 races.

That seems reasonable to me.
You would expect more recognition from qualifying and performing well in a Gr.1 race around the Ring than say a quick 5 lap sprint around NIS in N300, in the same way as a formula 1 driver vs your local door-banging race.

I don't think it's been stated as such though for DR.
Although I have seen it when referring to SR.
Class of car, difficulty of track, length of race, etc.

One question I have is regarding the "Level" figure I've seen in profile images.
I believe this is some sort of driver class, incorporating DR and SR.
There has been no mention I've seen regarding this during the beta.

Is it not functioning at the moment?

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me how ghosting works in this game? When do people turn into ghosts? For how long and why? It has been a bit confusing in my races so far.

Nice race! Couple of questions, do you use a wheel and do you use ABS? I use a wheel and can't brake like you brake. If I fully apply the brakes I lock up braking takes much longer. You seem to be able to fully mash the brakes without consequence.

I run with the abs on the mild setting. I don't have a wheel. I just use a standard PS4 controller.

Here is some very good racing at Dragon Trail with IOF-Racing.

Let me ask you one thing. On another dragon race this day, on my camera it looked like you got hit pretty badly on the last turn of the first sector and was sent to the back at the grid. Then on the next lap you were already behind me (i was in 3rd if im not mistaken) and i think you hit me pretty badly, and i got destroyed.

Do you remember that? Were you lagging? Did someone hit you in the back then you hit me?

On my screen it did look like it was you. It was weird cause i know you're a very fast and vlean racer. Btw im blown away with your revelation that you use ds4 lmao. I was sure you were on a wheel, youre as fast as iof racing (hes actually a f3 racing driver in real life here in Brazil).

Since youre on ds4, i presume you work on your setup a lot. I wish i knew what i was doing lol. Or had the patience to work on it.

Sorry if im mistaken!

Last edited:
... Btw im blown away with your revelation that you use ds4 lmao. I was sure you were on a wheel, youre as fast as ....
Probably not.

If you're magic, driving with a controller like this guy is,
I believe you'll be faster than folks using a wheel.

It's 'balanced' that way, otherwise it would be impossible to be competitive in a race car with push buttons.

Back