Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
VBR
N300 cars at The Nord tonight, which sounded like my kind of thing. But I only had 3 non competitive cars. So, I did a few laps in my Evora & manage to get an 8:24. Which won me a new daily car, Audi TT. Finally something competitive! Done a quick tune & got an 8:18 on my first lap. Out of 3 races I entered, I was on poll by many seconds. Two I won, first place to first place, & one I'm DC''d before the race even started.

It's boring without people who are on the same pace as you. Never had that problem in GT5 Shuffle races, all the regular guys were on a similar pace to me. I'm no alien, just an average racer. Don't like the match making system much, but it did make me feel like a "DRIVING GOD" for a few minutes!

:lol:
Give it time, Im In the 8:00 range and I take 12th all the time at the Ring.. People are running 7:38 in my races. Edit im sorry this is N300... you are fast!!

VBR
N300 cars at The Nord tonight, which sounded like my kind of thing. But I only had 3 non competitive cars. So, I did a few laps in my Evora & manage to get an 8:24. Which won me a new daily car, Audi TT. Finally something competitive! Done a quick tune & got an 8:18 on my first lap. Out of 3 races I entered, I was on poll by many seconds. Two I won, first place to first place, & one I'm DC''d before the race even started.

It's boring without people who are on the same pace as you. Never had that problem in GT5 Shuffle races, all the regular guys were on a similar pace to me. I'm no alien, just an average racer. Don't like the match making system much, but it did make me feel like a "DRIVING GOD" for a few minutes!

I had that same experience today. Lancer @Nords (old 1.04 quali time 8:09 and that determines your startingplace, new quali, which doesn't count anywhere, is 8:15 with 1.05 update). Again PD: maybe reset the quali times. I know your reading this ;)
Started two races first and ended first. 6-7 seconds difference with #2. Indeed boring.

Third race was way better. Started 5th and some real nice battles and good/clean and acceptable aggressive driving. That was my best race since the beta started. 4th place was more satisfying after such a nerve braking race.

This match making in the beta right now is still under development (I hope...). But good we already discuss this to have it improved later in 2017

VBR

Hopefully in the full game, the matchmaking is a lot tighter with many more people online.

Maybe if you press the Start and Select button on your G29? Those are the two middle red buttons on the G27's shifter.

That is true.
Hmm there is no ,,select" button, i guess the alternative would be the share button. I already tried different combos but didnt find anything :indiff:

@MadMax I just kept on going round, with the results screen up, for another 8 minutes. I moved up from 5th to 1st so there was no way I was leaving (just in case I got the win!) but it disconnected me due to a long pause.

Did you pass a ghosted car, in 17th place, up the hill towards the karussell? I saw him, and he distracted me and I put a wheel on the grass and spun. Probably his fault about the non-finishing race too.

Did 3 races tonight on The Nord with the Audi TT again. The physics have definitely changed, the car slides more & is slightly slower. Two races I won from poll, because I wasn't matched with anyone on my level. The other race there were two guys with qually times several seconds faster than me, & I managed to beat one of them. That was a good race as I wasn't just cruising around in P1 all the time.

Ooooh, so close. Nice time @ Willow Springs @z06fun, it took me ~25 laps to break 1:30.
Nice to see a mix of cars on the top 10 board.
C_Fq7hgUIAA6BQt.jpg-large.jpeg

Am I the only one getting the same Norschleife - Brand Hatch short - Oval races since...I don't know... Monday or even last week?
I'm bored

Am I the only one getting the same Norschleife - Brand Hatch short - Oval races since...I don't know... Monday or even last week?
I'm bored

I'm bored of them too, that's all we've had in Europe all week :(
and I don't bother with the mini-oval.

@MadMax I just kept on going round, with the results screen up, for another 8 minutes. I moved up from 5th to 1st so there was no way I was leaving (just in case I got the win!) but it disconnected me due to a long pause.

Did you pass a ghosted car, in 17th place, up the hill towards the karussell? I saw him, and he distracted me and I put a wheel on the grass and spun. Probably his fault about the non-finishing race too.

Yeah , I think I did pass a ghosted car.

It was strange to dc from the race after the race while in the results screen.

Last edited:
I was playing GT Sport earlier and i could've made a risky move but I was smart and showed patience. I wish more racers could make decisions like this instead of always making risky moves. Also it's no sound because the music from the game was playing and I don't wanna get a copyright strike.

v1.05 .... aaaand people are still cheating on Willow. And to those who thought the BoP in N300 was fixed ... looked earlier and there were 9 Lancers and 1 Audi TTS in the top 10. Good thing that after 24 days I still have neither. :rolleyes:

There would be more Audis, but I'm the only one using it unless someone else is in the top 10 now :P

I'm live with the EU Beta if you're bored and want something to watch!

""

Don't forget to follow me on Twitch if you can! :D

Last edited:
Set a time alone on track is on thing but then race it with others....

In a race you blast all past them because they cant race.

Back