Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
@marvthegamer : Thx we can be part of your GT Sport beta journey. Great we can sneak peek the beta over your shoulders. Your driving skills improved fast over the last days. Keep up the good job! A lot of respect for the way you also comment with integrity (also on some troll responses).
Nice you get a new car after your daily work out. Hopefully also new tracks when beta phase2 starts soon (?)

Hey thanks for the support! I'm hoping we will be getting a new track tomorrow night after the online races and hopefully some more beta invites go out on Saturday. We will have to wait and see. 👍

Hey thanks for the support! I'm hoping we will be getting a new track tomorrow night after the online races and hopefully some more beta invites go out on Saturday. We will have to wait and see. 👍
Hey Marv! You don't like the menu music?

What is the Sport mode event tonight? Still gr4 at Big Willow?
Yes, I think...although I haven't had time to run laps today..yet! I've not viewed any schedule or timeline that lets us know how long they intend to run the beta or how long we have with each track. Basically this is just a test of the server loading. Everything else is questionable but the drivers I've talked to are really being productive with the bug reports (I've not experienced any) and suggestions.

Hey Marv! You don't like the menu music?
Hey @dimassa19 I love it, but a lot of people requested I turn it off. That and also content id on youtube are the reasons I don't have it on. If you're interested in what's included, you can get a peek by watching my day 1 video. Just close your eyes, they'll burn out if you watch my driving. But I gotta say, I have gotten slightly better these past few days. :scared::scared::) I'm trying!!:(👍👍👍:crazy:

@marvthegamer Marv, not sure if you already liked racing games, but has access to this beta piqued your interest in the game? GT1 was my "launchpad" into sim racing back in the late '90s. I am a DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Sebasten Loeb & Assetto Corsa fan who gave up on GT after #5, but I like the direction they are going this time. If they hooked you with this beta I feel PD is on course. I am looking forward to this reboot of the franchise and hope to see you on the track when released.

@marvthegamer Marv, not sure if you already liked racing games, but has access to this beta piqued your interest in the game? GT1 was my "launchpad" into sim racing back in the late '90s. I am a DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Sebasten Loeb & Assetto Corsa fan who gave up on GT after #5, but I like the direction they are going this time. If they hooked you with this beta I feel PD is on course. I am looking forward to this reboot of the franchise and hope to see you on the track when released.

I have always loved racing games. My first game was Top Gear Rally on N64. Then I had a PS2 back when it was still out. I loved GT3 and GT4, and also loved more arcade-style driving games like Burnout and NFS Underground 2. I stopped all gaming before the PS3 came out. I was actually into flight sims during my time away from console gaming.

I got back into console gaming last year when I was able to purchase a PS4, I thought I would be able to play GT5 and 6 on it, but no such luck. Tried Project Cars but was not accessible to me at all and I didn't know why (Now I know that it's because I was so used to assists). Finally got a ps3 at a yard sale and played through GT6 - with assists. And that's a big thing, up until I started sharing my streams I never knew what a big deal it was to play using assists. Learning to play without assists has been incredibly fun, and incredibly rewarding.

My case is probably very different than that of anybody else in this forum. I love GT Sport, and the beta invite came out at the perfect time for me. I am actually looking forward to the campaign mode, which might be quite different this time around. My hope is that it can lead drivers like me, with little to no experience, and eventually turn them into more experienced drivers. While that might not benefit the pros and those who are already experienced in the short-term, it might help in the long-term by developing a new generation of drivers that are skilled, respectful, and knowledgeable.
Perhaps my hopes are too high.

Sorry for the long letter :indiff: :embarrassed:

My hope is that it can lead drivers like me, with little to no experience, and eventually turn them into more experienced drivers. While that might not benefit the pros and those who are already experienced in the short-term, it might help in the long-term by developing a new generation of drivers that are skilled, respectful, and knowledgeable.

This perfectly hits on what I believe Kazunori is trying to accomplish with the Gran Turismo franchise. To teach people that might not otherwise have an interest in cars or driving to fall in love with cars, driving, and racing. It seems simple on the surface, but there is a surprisingly high level of depth available if you spend time with it. Not the least of which is teaching the fundamentals of car tuning. And lets not forget the potential to become a GT Academy winner and be sponsored at the highest levels of professional racing. The first Gran Turismo was enough to spark an interest in me as a kid, and I hope GT Sport will do the same for kids today.

About to start my first race in 14 minutes.

Edit: Done and dusted, qualified 4th and finished 2nd, not too bad I'd say 👍

I'm just surprised I wasn't hit with ramming speed like I was expecting.

I had a race against you. I was like "I know that guy!" Shameless plug; I was streaming it if you wanna see haha.

You know you had a bad race when you come out of it with no SR gain. Bad drivers are contagious!
Hey at least you won that last race...lot's of roughhousing by myself and others caused me to end up in 11th. also GG on the win

Hey at least you won that last race...lot's of roughhousing by myself and others caused me to end up in 11th. also GG on the win
Thanks man. Yea when you find yourself part of a 3-way battle, usually pays to hang back a car length or two and just wait for the error to get around it. Same when dealing with an overly combative dude. Let them juice it off a tricky corner then be done with em.

Next race is at Brands Hatch Indy...Class N300. sucks cause i just got the Mustang Gr3.

not Sure if i wanna take my Focus or lancer on to the battlefield

Interesting, first car class change. Is GR.3 in our future?
Highly unlikely seeing tomorrow today is the last day of Sport Testing...unless they extend it...

also on that same note the hours for racing have been extended... races will start at 8PM PDT and end at 11PM PDT this gives me a chance to get home from work and set up my Lancer...or Focus...idk what i'll race...

Back