Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
So Marv get Brands Indy, this guy got Nurb on Daily Race. What happened? Looks like there will be 2 online races in the same time? (Anyway Nurb looks fantastic, my fav so far)

So Marv get Brands Indy, this guy got Nurb on Daily Race. What happened? Looks like there will be 2 online races in the same time? (Anyway Nurb looks fantastic, my fav so far)

Hm... looks like E-Lower D ranked got put on Nurb while Mid D-C+ were put on Brand Hatch Indy...interesting way to group people...

edit: no longer true see the post below me

Last edited:
Gran Turismo®Sport Closed Beta Test Version_20170324015452.jpg

OH...MAH...GERD...

this shakes things up alot....i do like how the we can race all three and not worry about missing a race.
But i know for sure im taking the mustang to Northen Isle and the GTR N24 to it's rightful home. I expect Race C to be the most heated race of the beta...

Doing 1 lap at Nürb is equivalent of doing 7 laps long at Brands or other tracks. That is quite difficult for amateur and beginners to stay focused on track.
I know but come on.. this is an e-sport game isnt it? I dont think amateur players play Counter Strike or just go participate in any sport really...

I just hope that the official races will be SO MUCH different from these

1 lap is not enough even for fast forward tyre wear and fuel usage... anything under 4 laps is unaccaptable for me :D

I know but come on.. this is an e-sport game isnt it? I dont think amateur players play Counter Strike or just go participate in any sport really...

I just hope that the official races will be SO MUCH different from these

1 lap is not enough even for fast forward tyre wear and fuel usage... anything under 4 laps is unaccaptable for me :D

Because all 3 events now available it might be the lead for matchmaking system to get more strict and make selective decision depends on the driver levels/rankings. The Nurb should be entered by more experienced player. The other events might be suitable from mid to low rank drivers. Could be like that, or they might just randomized (shuffled) it for testing purpose.

Yes getting back in the swing of things again, been a long while since I posted here. Looking forward to getting that GT Sport beta when it arrives in Europe!

I'm all for the inclusion of shorter races. Not everyone will have the time to dedicate hours at a time to playing GTS. Don't see the issue in having short sprint style events.

Combined with the driver rankings it could give some very exciting 5 lap showdowns between better drivers.

It's pretty much a given FIA events will be more like the typical race lengths we expect in racing.

Just logged on with PS4 and no invite for me as yet... where's the damn codes? more than ready for them here :D

_60957552_bombemachine.jpg

It's the only time my PS4 is turned on tbh is to look for one of these golden ticket invites :( Hurry up and send to Europe! fed up watching these lucky beggers across the pond having a whale of a time :P

Just logged on with PS4 and no invite for me as yet... where's the damn codes? more than ready for them here :D

_60957552_bombemachine.jpg

It's the only time my PS4 is turned on tbh is to look for one of these golden ticket invites :( Hurry up and send to Europe! fed up watching these lucky beggers across the pond having a whale of a time :P

Good luck Ron! Fingers crossed you'll get in.

Hey @dimassa19 I love it, but a lot of people requested I turn it off. That and also content id on youtube are the reasons I don't have it on. If you're interested in what's included, you can get a peek by watching my day 1 video. Just close your eyes, they'll burn out if you watch my driving. But I gotta say, I have gotten slightly better these past few days. :scared::scared::) I'm trying!!:(👍👍👍:crazy:

you really did some nice progress (skill wise) in your videos... i like how you focused on gt sport, learn this and that, and got better every video...! 👍
i would consider myself a driver kinda like you. maybe a little more expirienced. but it gives me hope i can be better the more i play... a long learning curve is what a like... easy to play (learn), hard to drive (master)!

@marvthegamer

A curiosity indulge me if you could:

I presume that after being selected for beta testing you have somewhat enjoyed your GTSport, even so much as perhaps being bitten by the sim racing bug. So two questions:

1. If you had not been selected for beta testing would you have purchased GTSport on its day of release or later after hearing reviews if at all?

2. As you've joined "The Planet" and hopefully experienced the sim racing community in its most positive way, have you found GTSport user friendly to the newcomer? Has the game been informative and educational, and since playing are you considering purchasing GTSport when it us released and continuing this journey? Perhaps even joining a GTPlanet league eventually :)?

I think the codes should start rolling in for Europe soon. My main questions is: will you see the same servers we do? If so, you'll be getting up at 4 in the morning to get in on the action! :lol:

I'm hoping there are quick match servers established in the full game that run 24/7 like in GT6. Maybe have them deal out less points to your rank and rating. The structure of these Sport mode races is really good though, the whole thing feels like a solid production.

So far it looks like the beta is working great, I just hope they get all the data they need and the game gets a smooth launch, IMO sports mode will be revolutionary, pairing like minded people will grow the community immensely. Just think about it, If you can at any pointjoin a race with 20 others that are within in 1or2 seconds apart in on a given track! As long as the fiber rating does what it says it will

i dont get the hate either :D its like they have never driven a car real fast
+1, nice and smooth scrubbing sound, just keeping note under that scream.. :)
XXI
Yes they are audible, but on a softer compound such as "sports soft" or better, traction loss and under steer is more of a sliding "pshhh".
In GT it's always been an over exaggerated screeching squeal.
It would be great if they could implement audio sliders much like Assetto, tires, wind, etc.
Yes, when you drive fast with a street car and tires. But not on slick tires and race cars. If you here tire screech during a race irl, it often means that a car spun/is sliding.

On GT6 "problem" was same, people setup their cars to constantly scrub tires, mostly with bad toe or over stiff springs and parachute LSD, smooth setup and it gives tire scream only where it should. So I'm blaming more user than creator.
Volume of scream has to be slightly higher than real, it's one key element giving information to driver since we can't feel G-forces on your "butt-sensors".. :)

Latest Posts

Back