Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
From Practice Session 1:

17498946_954375851331645_4923231816449769277_n.jpg

17499127_954376054664958_459476618165779401_n.jpg

Races from tonight will be uploaded later today...i need sleep.
That Mustang though. :drool:

The servers better be good, there are like 7 people who have the beta :lol:
Any reason why they have to drip feed their servers? A game that wants to sell millions and wants online racing their star mode (e-sports,sport mode) you would think they have to start out with a robust server/ net code starting out meaning that a couple thousand racers from both sides of the pond should be able to race against each other with no problems.

Any reason why they have to drip feed their servers? A game that wants to sell millions and wants online racing their star mode (e-sports,sport mode) you would think they have to start out with a robust server/ net code starting out meaning that a couple thousand racers from both sides of the pond should be able to race against each other with no problems.

It's common practice to start with a limited closed beta and expand, I'd bet an open beta isn't off the table in the future.

Game looks wonderful as does the transient vehicle behaviour. None of this abruptness of game of old.

Well done PD, now just need to take a leaf out of assetto corsa's book and make tyres model but a bit more flex chareteristics.
Unless the road compound is designed to do that ??

Just playing with the force feedback and the sensitivity on my t300rs, I prefer 7 ft and 10 sensitivity. What are the rest of you running?

Manual shifter and clutch is excellent in this game, no missed shifts yet.

Anybody else really digging the evora in this game? Love the handling of this little car.
Damn it man, where have you been hiding?!
What are the physics like please? Is the ffb detailed, strong? Can you feel the weight of the car?
Spill the beans!

Just playing with the force feedback and the sensitivity on my t300rs, I prefer 7 ft and 10 sensitivity. What are the rest of you running?

Oh great question I've been wanting to ask others in the Beta + T300RS

Are you getting good, strong FFB? Mine is VERY, VERY weak, like almost non-existent weak. I have it 10/10 and it is really pathetic. It's my only gripe with the Beta otherwise.

My T300 has been a bit finicky and over heating reducing FFB in pCars after about a half hour. But in the Beta, it is immediate, and even weaker than the reduced, overheated FFB in pCars.

Woow 1000? :)

Bigger online games like Rocket League often have 200k players online. Ofcourse that many won't have beta, but should be atleast 10-20k+.

If they can't handle that, it means the server infra is nowhere near close to release ready.
With sony and pd the servers should NOT be a problem though.

JvM
Woow 1000? :)

Bigger online games like Rocket League often have 200k players online. Ofcourse that many won't have beta, but should be atleast 10-20k+.

If they can't handle that, it means the server infra is nowhere near close to release ready.
With sony and pd the servers should NOT be a problem though.

How many did RL have during their closed beta?:D

I still assume PD is doing regular tests about how the matchmaking works, gameplay stuff, Bugs etc.
a stress test would be an open beta to see how the servers gonna act under load.

Because expect a huge storm on the servers with a huuuuuuge amount of more players than the bunch who got the beta. And in the past we often experienced major server issues with AAA game online services in the first time.

But well let's see! :D

Nice audible improvements on beta, just listening how there is nice joint play on transmission/Drivetrain, really hope at that is what it sounds, counted play on power delivery, will give sweet touch on LSD setup :D

Races From Last night:

Sorry if it seem like I was abit rough with you in race three. Car got unsettled and I slid up abit.

One thing I dislike about the ghosting is sometimes you will use the overtaking line (the inside line) which is slower so if the car you're trying to overtake just uses the regular racing line and ignores you, him becoming a ghost makes it impossible to overtake since you are on the slower line.

@marvthegamer

A curiosity indulge me if you could:

I presume that after being selected for beta testing you have somewhat enjoyed your GTSport, even so much as perhaps being bitten by the sim racing bug. So two questions:

1. If you had not been selected for beta testing would you have purchased GTSport on its day of release or later after hearing reviews if at all?

2. As you've joined "The Planet" and hopefully experienced the sim racing community in its most positive way, have you found GTSport user friendly to the newcomer? Has the game been informative and educational, and since playing are you considering purchasing GTSport when it us released and continuing this journey? Perhaps even joining a GTPlanet league eventually :)?

Hey @rono_thomas

I love GT sport and got the bug. I'm looking forward to checking out all other racing sims out there after I've gotten as much as I can from GT Sport.

1. I would have purchased it after its release, regardless of reviews.

2. The beta is very limited. It drops you into quick races, online races, and time trials. Honestly, the beta is not welcoming for people without a good basic foundation of driving and racing principles. Had I not received all the help from the community, I would not have gotten to where I am today. The single-player campaign in the full release is looking to introduce the basic concepts, and build from there. I'm hoping it can really find a way to help beginners develop a stronger appreciation for technical and sophisticated driving.

I am excited for the full release, I'll be pre-ordering it as soon as we get an official release date, and will be continuing my journey on day 1. I've got a long way to go, but I'm committed to climbing that ladder.

Back