Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
Sorry if it seem like I was abit rough with you in race three. Car got unsettled and I slid up abit.

It's all good... you know what they say, "If you aren't rubbin', you aren't racing"

@super_gt I guess there is something wrong?

I think hes trying to show the time difference...I know the bottom vid is mine cause I was toying with the tcs the entire lap. at the time the top one hit the crest, I was 5 seconds behind him. though keep in mind it was about 4 in the morning when i did the lap and i was already tired from the previous practice session at Northern Isle Speedway (where I did about 50 laps). not to mention i was still running the default setup...

on a different note I finally finished practicing on Brands hatch indy...so far its a little over 2 seconds off the the top time [Wardez: TTS Coupe '14-54.093]:

17498636_954953957940501_7179481134085433404_n.jpg

Anybody here with beta access planning on live streaming some of the online races at Nurburgring tonight? :nervous::nervous:I'm not ready to tackle that beast... yet :cool: but would love to be able to redirect some of my viewers interested in the online races being held there tonight. Would also be really fun to take a break and watch some of you guys zip through the track. :gtpflag:

I think hes trying to show the time difference...I know the bottom vid is mine cause I was toying with the tcs the entire lap. at the time the top one hit the crest, I was 5 seconds behind him. though keep in mind it was about 4 in the morning when i did the lap and i was already tired from the previous practice session at Northern Isle Speedway (where I did about 50 laps). not to mention i was still running the default setup...
Do not worry the problem is not in you.
I show physics flaws with hope that PD is watching and they will improve the physics engine.

I got the Peugeot VGT today.

I can comfirm that it still doesn't have an interior view. Instead of it being blacked out like in GT6, it's not an option. I don't think they should have included it in the beta if it wasn't complete.

And something strange is going on with how it sounds. It's like the sample it had in GT6 is being played at the same time as a new sample; they don't blend very well.

Do not worry the problem is not in you.
I show physics flaws with hope that PD is watching and they will improve the physics engine.

What physics flaws? If you describe what you're seeing the chance is greater that they'll become aware of it.

Anybody here with beta access planning on live streaming some of the online races at Nurburgring tonight? :nervous::nervous:I'm not ready to tackle that beast... yet :cool: but would love to be able to redirect some of my viewers interested in the online races being held there tonight. Would also be really fun to take a break and watch some of you guys zip through the track. :gtpflag:

I've been streaming a few times a day, and plan on another one in a couple hours. However I've been using Youtube and not Twitch.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk4FN1EN7RB1YuNBvhu9GJg

Don't worry Marvin we always got your back! Besides, Nürburgring is an ideal place to learn focus on the track and how tackle corners. In case you have trouble, people on stream will give you some tips and help how to go around Nürburgring, so it is okay for you to try this track. A mistake is normal for the first timer, do not worry about that. Just enjoy and have fun! ;) :cheers: 👍

If you lived near me marv, I'd bring my wheel over and we'd tear it up.
Nurburgring is my favorite.

I can comfirm that it still doesn't have an interior view. Instead of it being blacked out like in GT6, it's not an option. I don't think they should have included it in the beta if it wasn't complete.

I'm heavily concerned. I hope it has an interior by release.

And something strange is going on with how it sounds. It's like the sample it had in GT6 is being played at the same time as a new sample; they don't blend very well.

This has been happening with the Volkswagen VGT as well; literally sounds like two sounds playing at the same time. Odd.

I think I wasn't to far off when I said that the beta would be the content we already know including the netcode.

That's a bit worrying :odd: Well it is a beta but they let you drive it. You have the feeling it is incomplete? I hope all will bé sorted out..well...soon..:lol:

Could you take a couple of png's for me to enjoy?

Last edited:
What physics flaws? If you describe what you're seeing the chance is greater that they'll become aware of it.
I risk to become the most boring member of GTPlanet for 2017.:D
Schwedenkreuz
Cars suffer from lift off oversteer in this corner and the lift off happens exactly when the car goes through curb/grass which should make the oversteer even more sharply,but the car remains completely stable.
Braking throughout the whole Fuchsrohre(the last left corner),this should lead to monstrously oversteer but again the car remains completely stable.

Last edited:
Unnecessary double-post - this is exactly what the multiquote feature is for...

Schwedenkreuz
Cars suffer from lift off oversteer in this corner and the lift off happens exactly when the car goes through curb/grass which should make the oversteer even more sharply,but the car remains completely stable.

Braking throughout the whole Fuchsrohre(the last left corner),this should lead to monstrously oversteer but again the car remains completely stable.

There has been a course setting in GT6 where you could decide whether touching the grass would result in realistic behaviour or not. I guess in the BETA 'arcade' version of GT Sport this function is not yet there but I have good hopes touching grass will be more realistic in the end product...

are you talking about the graphical improvement or something else?!
maybe you can go more detailed on that...

No I'm talking about the rear view camera that is in the cockpit view in several cars (the subaru for instance).

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn it man, where have you been hiding?!
What are the physics like please? Is the ffb detailed, strong? Can you feel the weight of the car?
Spill the beans!

Hey I just got the code on Tuesday and have about 1 hour of total driving in the game. Cut me some slack. FFB is extremely subjective. Is it strong? When cranked all the way to 10 it feels strong to me, not overly strong as if I cranked it all the way up in Assetto Corsa. At 10 the FFB just doesn't feel like natural steering to me so I put it back to 7. I think the game does a good job of simulating weight transfer, over/understeer. It doesn't feel like I'm floating across the pavement like it does in some other games. I feel connected to the ground.

Oh great question I've been wanting to ask others in the Beta + T300RS

Are you getting good, strong FFB? Mine is VERY, VERY weak, like almost non-existent weak. I have it 10/10 and it is really pathetic. It's my only gripe with the Beta otherwise.

My T300 has been a bit finicky and over heating reducing FFB in pCars after about a half hour. But in the Beta, it is immediate, and even weaker than the reduced, overheated FFB in pCars.

From what I know of my personal experience the T300RS has never been known for sheer power, ie.. I'm turning a tugboat/torque. Like I said above though, cranked up to 10 mine has strong feedback that felt a bit unnatural. 5, the default if fairly soft.

Just a question watching Marvins stream noticed the spec sheets are measured in pounds for weight and inches for dimensions, do many countries use these as standard?

Just a question watching Marvins stream noticed the spec sheets are measured in pounds for weight and inches for dimensions, do many countries use these as standard?

Imperial? The USA, Liberia and Myanma.

In the UK we use a mixture of both Imperial and Metric.

Schwedenkreuz

took a closer look at the Schwedenkreuz clip...it looks like he was still on the throttle going over that bump. it either that or the part of the corner is smother then it should be.

on my clip i might have cheated the oversteer by braking earlier then normal and throwing up TCS to level 2. or it could be since the car auto blips when downshifting, it may cancel out the potential for oversteer. i dont know...

Am I missing something? I have the Beta and I can only choose 3 cars and 1 track. While I see videos of multiple cars and tracks. I only do arcade, am I supposed to do Sport mode to see everything else?

Am I missing something? I have the Beta and I can only choose 3 cars and 1 track. While I see videos of multiple cars and tracks. I only do arcade, am I supposed to do Sport mode to see everything else?

Hey @StingrayX, at start you get 3 cars and only 1 track in arcade mode. After completing 26 miles, you get 1 new car at random daily. Other tracks have been available in sport mode, but those are rotating. Still only Brands Hatch in arcade mode. One thing I noticed is that internet connection seems to be a must for the 26 miles to count, even if you're not doing any of the online races. Don't know why, but that's how the beta is currently working.

Hey @StingrayX, at start you get 3 cars and only 1 track in arcade mode. After completing 26 miles, you get 1 new car at random daily. Other tracks have been available in sport mode, but those are rotating. Still only Brands Hatch in arcade mode. One thing I noticed is that internet connection seems to be a must for the 26 miles to count, even if you're not doing any of the online races. Don't know why, but that's how the beta is currently working.

Oohh, damn, I wish I knew this, when does the Beta end?

Hey I just got the code on Tuesday and have about 1 hour of total driving in the game. Cut me some slack. FFB is extremely subjective. Is it strong? When cranked all the way to 10 it feels strong to me, not overly strong as if I cranked it all the way up in Assetto Corsa. At 10 the FFB just doesn't feel like natural steering to me so I put it back to 7. I think the game does a good job of simulating weight transfer, over/understeer. It doesn't feel like I'm floating across the pavement like it does in some other games. I feel connected to the ground.

From what I know of my personal experience the T300RS has never been known for sheer power, ie.. I'm turning a tugboat/torque. Like I said above though, cranked up to 10 mine has strong feedback that felt a bit unnatural. 5, the default if fairly soft.

Cheers man, I was only messing when I asked where you were hiding btw, yours was the first post I'd seen were ffb was even mentioned.

I'd been scouring the web for days for some info, I got excited, sorry. :cheers:

I can't wait to try it out for myself.
Thanks again.

The nurburgring is pure gold. I don't think I'll have it in me to stay up til 1am to race, PD you bums.

Northern Isle made me really dizzy, I kid you not. It was a lot more fun than I thought but I will steer clear :boggled:

Schwedenkreuz

How come below car remains stable through that corner?

How do following cars not show monstrous oversteer going through that corner?

@super_gt I don't know if you are right or wrong. One thing sure : you know the Nurb much better than me. However, from a logical point of view : "Necessity and Sufficiency" is the root of all your comments on physics in this forum.

Man, PD is really killing me. I've got three straight days of getting up at 5:45am for work and they save the best race for last at 1am.

:(:irked::indiff::guilty::ouch::yuck::banghead::grumpy::irked::crazy::boggled:

Back