Gran Turismo Sport delayed to 2017

• Thread starter Pophead
  • 1,859 comments
Ok you are not interested with GT (and many others i see) so why to post on a forum only dedicated for the game, and talk only bad things about the game,why just don't ignore it if you don't like .
Why post on a discussion forum if you're not interested in discussion? Many people here are racing game fans, they play as many as they can as they all have their strengths and weaknesses. Then there are people like yourself who believe there is only one game and anyone criticising it must hate it, because to you there is no middle ground of liking games but also having grievances with them. Grievances that they would like to discuss with other racing fans in an adult manner. Again, this doesn't seem to compute with you.

Ok you are not interested with GT (and many others i see) so why to post on a forum only dedicated for the game, and talk only bad things about the game,why just don't ignore it if you don't like .

It's called a discussion. You can discuss the good things, you can discuss the bad things. And for those of us who have been part of the Gran Turismo community, sometimes from its inception ( I joined the Granturismo.com forums back in 1998 and joined here, when that one eventually shut down, in 2001), sometimes relatively later on, sadly there's a lot more bad points to be discussed about the game, or lack thereof, than good ones.

So, take off the rose-tinted glasses and drop the attitude, please.

The problem is the "superior modeling" is not for every asset in the game.

This (and everything else in that post). GT is the only game in history that could get away with having not all cars be of the same graphical quality in the same game. It's so absurd that no other franchise could get away it.

Apart from around 200 new premium cars in GT5 and 130 in GT6 we are still playing GT3/4 in HD! GTS is going to again draw from GT5 and GT6 and only new cars are going to look good (Super Premium!). PD never make a game from the ground up, its a mish mash of various previous versions. They do this because clearly they are understaffed and cannot really make an all new game.

I would take a lesser graphical quality like Forza (which is hardly bad by any stretch of the imagination) any day over standard car models. As for PD's superior models they look nothing like how they do in trailers and screenshots which are known to be bull shots. The graphics in game and in replays looked poor for current gen in my opinion.

It is really unfortunate when the conversation about a game "devolves" because somebody's choice has to be better than the others. I don't have any numbers to support it, but I think that a good number of folks complaining/discussing Gran Turismo Sport ( myself included) just want the game to come out and be good. That said, PD used to be the leader, not anymore, I don't think. The competition is real stiff now and they are moving slow. Forza (my game of choice now) is doing very well. I just hope that when GT Sport comes out that it will have been worth the wait. If not, we have choices and I am not tied to Forza, Assetto Corsa, Gran Turismo or any other game. As I wait for the Red Pack to come out on console!:dopey:

The facts are what I wrote above, all the rest is the fruit of your imagination

No - the facts are that the Forza franchise has seen 5 titles come to market in the time the GT franchise has seen 1 title come to market - on the previous generation platform.

What is your vested interest in defending Kaz so vehemently? You seem to take it personally that Kaz and PD have failed to manage their promises and product delivery.

Kaz is no longer the only game on the only platform, he is clearly distracted by other endeavors.

At least PD can say GT was made 100% by them.
Forza maybe 50% by Turn10?
People who praise T10 should also praise Dhruva,Glassegg and TheAudioGuys(maybe more companies?)
Are you serious? The 3D artists at these studios could just as easily be working for T10 on staff in their office but then they would sit idle between launches.

The 3D talent is not mysteriously poisonous when a person sits in another company doing the SAME work. The work product is still OWNED 100% by the license holder, in this case T10. Are you suggesting that somehow, a person sitting in an office in Vietnam creating a 3D model is inferior to the person sitting in Japan creating the very same 3D model?

In the case of PD, they have this small staff that is clearly overwhelmed and never able to deliver on time - yet they still havent hired more people to sit in their own offices - which would be no different than hiring staff and having them sit in someone elses office.

IOW, Kaz is refusing to SPEND for the resources needed to keep up with the rapidly changing console market demands and as a result is NOT able to deliver to his customers.

I am one of his customers and would really like him to deliver a new game on the new platform while I am still interested in gaming. :)

No - the facts are that the Forza franchise has seen 5 titles come to market in the time the GT franchise has seen 1 title come to market - on the previous generation platform.

What is your vested interest in defending Kaz so vehemently? You seem to take it personally that Kaz and PD have failed to manage their promises and product delivery.

Kaz is no longer the only game on the only platform, he is clearly distracted by other endeavors.
1 title....what?
Inform your self better before you post, at least see some videos on youtube to learn something on the franchise because seems you don't know anything about the game.

Are you serious? The 3D artists at these studios could just as easily be working for T10 on staff in their office but then they would sit idle between launches.
Why you even bother? It's obvious these people have no idea about how a normal business (and yes, outsourcing parts of your development process is extremely common in any business) operates. Something to do with age most likely.

Ninja Poly at work again : they changed their FB banner for a new one without release date but you can't find any news of the delay.

Yes I'm serious
Outsourcing is not allways the best quality
"For the disadvantages he said that the quality of the work could possibly suffer as well as the model doesn’t really fit the requirements set by the studio"

http://przemyslawjanowski.weebly.com/lecture-reviews/week-4-ben-curtis-artist-at-evolution-studios

And what is your vested interest in tearing GT and its fans down?

People are gonna think what they want to. So let them.

And what is your vested interest in tearing GT and its fans down?

People are gonna think what they want to. So let them.
It goes both ways, people should be free to post their criticisms without being labeled a hater or fanboy of another game.

Then you have the issue of people posting straight up lies to support their agenda, that is going to get called out and again it goes both ways.

It's painful to see what is happening with PD, and I think what it comes down to is that some time ago they simply lost their focus on what they were - a company that is supposed to produce racing games. Ever since the PS3-era began, we heard of so many ideas they had, that would be included in the next game, and in the end came late or never, while sorely needed improvements were neglected. They go from one extreme (using car models from PS2) to the other (throwing away the PS3 car models that were designed to be used on the next-gen platform), and keep starting from scratch instead of finally finishing something.

It seems to me like they are a bunch of idealists that fail at a very basic level, because they aim too high and often don't accomplish their goals (and disappoint the GT-fans in the process). I still think they have all the potential they need to be great again, but that takes leadership. Kaz may be inspiring as a figurehead, but they need people who keep everybody's eyes on the ball, i.e. producing a largely bug-free racing game that does at least some things better than the other games out there.

1 title....what?
Inform your self better before you post, at least see some videos on youtube to learn something on the franchise because seems you don't know anything about the game.
How do I not know anything about the game?

The day GTHD was announced I bought a 65" Sony 1080p TV and PS3 so that I could enjoy GTHD in big screen glory.
That is how much I was entrenched in the GT franchise. And until that PS3 died and took the GTHD download with it, I still used to fire up the game to just have some fun.

And BTW yes, GT6 is the only full retail PD racing title to come to market in the time period under discussion.

Please show where I am wrong. We are discussing the GTS delay versus the delivery of new titles from the competition.

It's painful to see what is happening with PD, and I think what it comes down to is that some time ago they simply lost their focus on what they were - a company that is supposed to produce racing games. Ever since the PS3-era began, we heard of so many ideas they had, that would be included in the next game, and in the end came late or never, while sorely needed improvements were neglected. They go from one extreme (using car models from PS2) to the other (throwing away the PS3 car models that were designed to be used on the next-gen platform), and keep starting from scratch instead of finally finishing something.

It seems to me like they are a bunch of idealists that fail at a very basic level, because they aim too high and often don't accomplish their goals (and disappoint the GT-fans in the process). I still think they have all the potential they need to be great again, but that takes leadership. Kaz may be inspiring as a figurehead, but they need people who keep everybody's eyes on the ball, i.e. producing a largely bug-free racing game that does at least some things better than the other games out there.
Very wise words.

Yes I'm serious
Outsourcing is not allways the best quality
"For the disadvantages he said that the quality of the work could possibly suffer as well as the model doesn’t really fit the requirements set by the studio"

http://przemyslawjanowski.weebly.com/lecture-reviews/week-4-ben-curtis-artist-at-evolution-studios

Please explain away Standard vs Premium cars then.

You keep focusing on in-house perfection versus outsourced junk, yet Kaz HIMSELF approved in-house junk when he allowed and included no interior "standard cars" using very low poly models that would not even make background quality in other games.

In other words, PD already make the "outsourced compromise" and STILL they cant deliver on time as promised.

If an out sourced asset is poor quality it is because of poor management of the production resource - there is no reason why a talented person sitting 2000 miles away cannot produce the same quality as a person sitting 20 meters away.

Kaz said they put the standard cars in to GT5/6 for the fans.
What fans? Fans who like to drive in chase cam view? That's realistic :)

And if he did that "for the fans" why not outsource "for the fans" - I mean if "the fans" will accept ultra low poly jagged NFS1 quality models then surely "the fans" would accept outsourced full interior 3D models.

Which, if you understood anything about 3D modelling, game engines and rendering, you would know that the GAME ENGINE manages the shaders and textures and lighting, not the modeler, so even an outsourced 3D model pulled into the GT engined game would have the ultra realistic shading, rendering and lighting GAME ENGINE provides.

IOW, outsourcing some 3D modelling if Kaz refuses to increase in-house staff is a win-win as his game engine will be handling the rendering and he can now focus on the game content and actually bring more than 1 full retail game to market every 4 years (on average)

It's pretty sad having to wait around for years and hold on to that 1 franchise dearly, even though all it does it disappoint you time and time again. And to make things worse other folk are playing one great racing game after another out there in the meantime.

You'd almost think that being a loyal GT fan is some form of masochism.

Back