Gran Turismo Sport delayed to 2017

• Thread starter Pophead
  • 1,859 comments
Everyone please relax! The game is being delayed because all their cars did not look right. Here are some examples below:

2e1axxw.jpg

33u8njb.jpg

They must get this fix right away!

Sweet zombie Santa the thread got messy the last few pages.

There have already been some infractions handed out. There have been enough warnings already, so the next person that decides to ignore moderator requests or simply break the AUP will get a vacation.

I don't care how many FM are released on xone, I'm interested in Gran turismo in fact I'm on GT PLANET, if you are interested in FM go to FM planet
Let me clear something up. Head to the front page: tell me how many different games you see there.

GTPlanet is about more than GT now. We still dedicate the same amount of energy and focus to the franchise as before, but our community has shown a lot of interest in other titles. We're supporting that.

GTPlanet is about more than GT now. We still dedicate the same amount of energy and focus to the franchise as before, but our community has shown a lot of interest in other titles. We're supporting that.
Luckily, if GTP would have been dedicated to Gran Turismo news like it used to be, it would look like this now:

travola-desert.gif

Times have changed, you used to be able to fill this entire forum just with Gran Turismo enthusiasts (myself included). The way GTP now transformed to a 'place for racing games' is also telling for the bad state the GT series really is in.

The way GTP now transformed to a 'place for racing games' is also telling for the bad state the GT series really is in.

I don't see it that way. We're a long standing community that has evolved in quite some way over the past decade and a half. We're all united, from all 4 corners of the world, by the same passion, old or new, about this videogame, but at the same time, given how immense this place grew, we've also got a place to talk about other stuff, be it actual cars, other games, politics, food or music.

Not many places can claim to have such a broad horizon of choices available to their members.

The fact that the news page is still having the "Covering the world of Gran Turismo" tagline didn't help matters.

I'll bite.

Again, @driver_34_'s rage is a reason why I think people take video games way too seriously. Video games are supposed to be a pastime, a hobby, something that provides entertainment, not as something people use to defend strong, sometimes biased opinions.

I'm glad he still likes Gran Turismo, which is why this site exists in the first place, but this site has evolved into a hub for those who like competing games, as well as other interests like cars and motorsport. Things have changed since its inception.

I don't care if the car modelling is in-house or outsourced, or up-to-date or outdated. What matters to me is the overall car selection, both in number and variety, and the driving experience. GT and comparable games have fulfilled this for me, with decent car options available and a handling model, while not completely realistic, still gives me a good feel of the road without being extremely buggy.

And about that delay, now that it has gone completely off-topic. . .

Not trying to defend PD or anything, but I think people tend to forget that GT6 launched as a last-gen game, which may have resulted in weaker sales.

I think the sale performance of GTS will be a better indicator of the GT franchise's "health".
That was Sony's decision though, and was purposely done because at the time, the PS3 owner base was huge in comparison to the PS4. In Sony's eyes, they were banking on PS3 owners automatically picking up GT6 b/c they wouldn't have to buy a new console.
"And the other factor is that on PS3 we have an install base of 70 million units. On PS4 on launch day we'll have an install base of zero units," Ryan said. "There'll be plenty of games to help drive PS4--not least DriveClub in the racing genre from Evolution Studios, a studio with a fantastic pedigree."
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/so...mo-6-is-debuting-on-ps3-not-ps4/1100-6408811/

Problem is that not everyone can buy the new everything, every time. I bought my PS4 2 years ago assuming PD would release something. Now I can't trade it to get a XBone cause its old. So some of us are up the creek without a paddle.

Another turn off is from what us Drag Racers have seen, is there will be no support for what we do. And with the driver rating system we'd probably get banned online, for turning around all the time and the love taps we give each other.

My point is, some of us Drag Racers have been on GTP for 4+ years. Now we have to say goodbye to GT cause PD can't figure out if Kaz wants to drive in the Nurb 24 or actually make a game that supported Drag racing(4 and 5 kinda). And on that note, I think that's the problem with DP. all he is worried about is showing off his racing. That's all GT6 was about. Go re-watch the ending trailer...

Edit: nothing to do with outsourcing just a rant and my last one. Yaaaa.

Last edited:
Wow now we're arguing about outsourcing and judging the games based on that :crazy:
Like it was said i take any game today over pretty car pictures

I'm very curious now if they are going to take as long as GT5 from console launch whilst not even delivering a Prologue or PSP title in between..

PS3 Launch - November 11, 2006
GT5 Launch - November 24, 2010
Gap - 1474 days

PS4 Launch - November 15, 2013
Days and counting with no GT game - 1022

They need to release GTS before 28 November 2017 to avoid that embarrassment.

But we did have GTHD and GT5P before GT5. So far we've had no demo or prologue for GTS. The embarrassment has already happened.

I did mention those and that's what I'm saying. It's already pretty embarrassing, it would be further embarrassing if they ended up taking longer than GT5 when they've not even delivered any smaller/intermediate titles in the meantime.

The fact that the news page is still having the "Covering the world of Gran Turismo" tagline didn't help matters.
We do cover the world of Gran Turismo though. Won't find many outlets publicizing that a single car appeared in a random off-screen photo of GT Sport - never mind 300 words on that singular subject. :lol:

Hell, some outlets didn't even report the massive delay.

Our choice of covering multiple games/sims is not a dilution of our Gran Turismo coverage.

The title will not change.

Stop expect GT7.
Given the mixed reactions about the online focus and the lack of the traditional career mode, it would be better for them to bring one. I'm surely wrong, the next GT will be GTSport but I hope it will be only a name on the cover.

(By the way, do you have any connections with Poly? if so, can we expect a true career mode?)

I'm very curious now if they are going to take as long as GT5 from console launch whilst not even delivering a Prologue or PSP title in between..

PS3 Launch - November 11, 2006
GT5 Launch - November 24, 2010
Gap - 1474 days

PS4 Launch - November 15, 2013
Days and counting with no GT game - 1022

They need to release GTS before 28 November 2017 to avoid that embarrassment.

But but The CELL is why they took all this time.

Given the mixed reactions about the online focus and the lack of the traditional career mode, it would be better for them to bring one. I'm surely wrong, the next GT will be GTSport but I hope it will be only a name on the cover.

(By the way, do you have any connections with Poly? if so, can we expect a true career mode?)

No. When we go on a new direction, we have to follow things through.

If you want to play alone, there is arcade mode and campaign mode.

No. When we go on a new direction, we have to follow things through.

If you want to play alone, there is arcade mode and campaign mode.

But I thought the focus of the game was primarily online, and the campaign would only train you for that?

As much of a connection you can have to a game developer when you know their newest game's beta will come on time, when you know that early reports of the game not being where it was supposed to be from people who played it couldn't be trusted, and when you know that the game will meet its release date.

I agree. I think the lack of a career mode, even a lame one like the last couple of GT's, is a mistake. I don't believe casual racers are entirely on board with online racing as the primary focus of any racing game at this point. Even many hardcore GT fans aren't doing back flips over the online focus of this game.

Back