Gran Turismo Sport delayed to 2017

• Thread starter Pophead
  • 1,859 comments
It's possible they delay the game til Jan-Dec 2018. For an anniversary? Sure. Have Kaz/PD changed their ways of keeping promises? These discussions prove they have not.

They may not keep promises, but they're not morons. Delaying the game to 2018 is brand suicide. The only reason to do so would be if they don't have a functional game to release. And that would be near five years to produce the smallest mainline GT game ever.

They might as well just pack it up and go home at that point, because what publisher in their right mind would want to pay a studio money for that? Sony isn't a charity.

You too have not read my writing. It has nothing with F1 to do about. But you too are aware off the end season price, and ceremony with the F1 winners?. Go back and read again.

It's called the FIA Prize Giving. FIA. Not Formula 1. They are separate and different.

http://www.fia.com/fia-prize-giving-2016

At the prize giving they give prizes to champions of many sports that are affiliated with the FIA. Formula 1 is probably the most well known, but that doesn't mean anything when it comes to a collaboration between the FIA and Polyphony. Polyphony has no link to F1, and legally cannot because Codemasters own the rights.

That was not my theory at all Imari. I suggest you go back and read my post again.
You simply hasn't get what I meant. Lol.
You just jump to your own conclusions, instead of read my post. You don't read very well.
It's okay if you don't get one person's mindset, but don't take something out of my typing, when you haven't got any glue of what I meant in the first place.

Well, almost no footages from the PSX 2016. The next big event with an updated build is the Tokyo Auto Salon in two weeks. (GT is one of the main sponsors)

That was not my theory at all Imari. I suggest you go back and read my post again.
You just jump to your own conclusions, instead of read my post. You don't read very well.
It's okay if you don't get one person's mindset, but don't take something out of my typing, when you haven't got any glue of what I meant in the first place.

I got what you said, I just don't think it makes sense to launch it alongside F1 when the game has nothing to do with it.

I don't see the online championships lasting anywhere near as long as the real F1 championship either. People would lose interest if they had to take part over 9 months, every couple of weeks.

They may not keep promises, but they're not morons. Delaying the game to 2018 is brand suicide. The only reason to do so would be if they don't have a functional game to release. And that would be near five years to produce the smallest mainline GT game ever.

They might as well just pack it up and go home at that point, because what publisher in their right mind would want to pay a studio money for that? Sony isn't a charity.
It's ironic, that the move to delay the game was moronic, for the reason of wanting to perfect the game before release. What were millions of people about to pay for in November?
It seems moronic to be vague on the progress of the game. Seems moronic to have people come out to see your game, but can't take video, can't immerse oneself in the build(although players mentioned lines were long with limited seat time). Still, to promote the game and have not much to play with, seems a bit moronic for such an experienced, at these racing games, developer. They've slowly started to perform seppuku since GT5/6.

Hey, if January 3 rolls around and PD say GTS is ready for March. Cool! We rejoice. However, if mid-year arrives and PD post another love letter and delay the release tentatively, what are fans to do(believe)?

I know PD will be PD but I honestly can't fathom how it would take them over 4 years to produce a game the size of GTS on the "easy to work with, blank canvas" of the PS4. It has to be out next year.

I agree. That's what gaveme confidence the game would be out quickly. I want it to be out next year. PD please. I'm waiting for trusted reviews and then I'll decide. But for the love of Pete, in June, Kaz mentioned the game isn't even 50%.http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comm...n-GT-cars-coming-project-not-even-50-complete
So, in 6 months, will it be complete? Or complete enough for a further 6 month beta test and then distribution Christmas 2017 or early 2018?

Edit: supposedly 70% 4 months ago
http://mail.vvvauto.com/en/news/comments/Gran-Turismo-Sport-only-70-complete-according-to-Kaz
Maybe March completion and then testing for another 3 months?

Last edited:
I got what you said, I just don't think it makes sense to launch it alongside F1 when the game has nothing to do with it.

I don't see the online championships lasting anywhere near as long as the real F1 championship either. People would lose interest if they had to take part over 9 months, every couple of weeks.
Why do you continue?. You still haven't got it. My god. If you are that clever, tell me what my theory was.

I tell all you an announcement coming in January. Remember my words.
Did you forget to use your nerualyzer on us after you posted that?

latest

so why not start it the same day the F1 starts, what do you think?.

Why do you continue?. You still haven't got it. My god. If you are that clever, tell me what my theory was.

Feel free to explain where I've gone wrong. You asked why not launch it the day F1 starts, I and @Imari gave reasons why that wouldn't make much sense.

How about you explain it then instead of telling me that I don't read very well.

If I'm not understanding from what you've written so far then please correct my misunderstanding instead of being rude. You will actually find that I read very well, it being an important part of my job. But I can only read the words you write down, and if they're confusing or don't make sense then that's not my fault. I can only work with what you give me.

Have you noticed how many posts you've spent telling people that they don't understand, instead of simply explaining it to them?

Do you do it because you enjoy being rude to others? Or just because you want to feel superior with your idea that no one else understands? If we don't get it, explain it to us. I promise you that we're not idiots, and that if you explain your idea clearly we will understand.

Hey, if January 3 rolls around and PD say GTS is ready for March. Cool! We rejoice. However, if mid-year arrives and PD post another love letter and delay the release tentatively, what are fans to do(believe)?

That Polyphony are actually incompetent and incapable of producing a playable game in a reasonable amount of time, when compared to studios like SMS or Kunos. And those games aren't exactly setting a high bar.

The longer it goes on the greater the danger that they end up with a game like The Last Guardian. A game that is decent, but too many years past the time when that sort of game would have been acceptable to a modern audience.

That Polyphony are actually incompetent and incapable of producing a playable game in a reasonable amount of time, when compared to studios like SMS or Kunos. And those games aren't exactly setting a high bar.
How long did SMS worked on Pcars? 3-4 years or so?(with outsourcing) And where is the WiiU version that they announced?
Hmmm they are pretty incompetent....

How long did SMS worked on Pcars? 3-4 years or so?(with outsourcing) And where is the WiiU version that they announced?

It was a messy release, no question. Then again, small team and ~$5 million makes a difference. The WiiU version was cancelled, as were the X360 and PS3 versions. I wouldn't call them incompetent, but there were a lot of things that didn't turn out as well as they could have. Still, it's a pretty fun and playable game, for what it is.

So, if that's the bar that we're aiming for (and I did say it was low), then you'd think that Polyphony as a first party studio with Sony's money and a much larger team could at least put out something of similar quality. It's likely to be at the very least a similar time frame for development. If it takes them until 2018 to come out with the game that they were advertising in 2015, then yeah, I'm happy saying that Polyphony are incompetent.

The WiiU version was cancelled, as were the X360 and PS3 versions.
I wouldn't call them incompetent, but there were a lot of things that didn't turn out as well as they could have
Announcing all the different versions and then cancelling them
So incompetent...

It seems like everything PD does is bad or they are incompetent but for other studios it's ok...

The longer it goes on the greater the danger that they end up with a game like The Last Guardian. A game that is decent, but too many years past the time when that sort of game would have been acceptable to a modern audience.

If I remember correctly PCars was delayed over two years by SMS, equivalent to GTS being released in 2019 :D

It's ironic, that the move to delay the game was moronic, for the reason of wanting to perfect the game before release. What were millions of people about to pay for in November?

It's moronic to want to try to perfect the game :confused:

In my opinion there hasn't been a gt game yet that compared to pcars! They aren't even in the same world as far as physics!

If I remember correctly PCars was delayed over two years by SMS, equivalent to GTS being released in 2019 :D

Project CARS was in development for just about 4 years in total, give or take. GTS has been in development currently for 3 years, give or take. The difference is SMS had a tiny team at the very start which only grew modestly and they had a budget of approx €4 million with no major publisher backing them. PD in comparison have the backing of SONY and whilst we don't know their budget I'd wager it's significantly more than approx €1 million a year.

Personally though even if GTS did slip into 2018 I wouldn't call it incompetence, PD clearly have a lot of talented staff, I'd put it down to management failure. But we're getting way ahead of ourselves here, let's see what they actually deliver and when.

Doesn't PD do everything by them self?Like Laserscanning,soundengine etc.? And other studios don't?
Maybe thats why they take "so long" time

No, GTS was originally scheduled to release in 2016, so it would be like GTS being released in 2018. Sorta.

But SMS aren't first party, and the PS4 and X1 came along mid development. That's something to remember. Polyphony don't have that problem; they're first party and Kaz is a Sony exec so they get the information as soon as it's available internally.

Of course it is. No game (or any product) is ever perfect, and good creators know this. What you're trying to make is not a perfect game, but one that fairly represents the experience you want it to. Get it done, ship it and move on to the next iteration and try to do better.

If Kaz waited to perfect a game we'd still be waiting for GT5. I doubt he thinks the standards were perfect, but they were acceptable for the vision of the game he wanted to produce.

Doesn't PD do everything by them self?Like Laserscanning,soundengine etc.? And other studios don't?
Maybe thats why they take "so long" time

Other studios pay experts to do it. Whether you're giving money to your own employees or paying it to contractors doesn't really matter. It shouldn't really take much longer either way.

Other studios pay experts to do it. Whether you're giving money to your own employees or paying it to contractors doesn't really matter. It shouldn't really take much longer either way.
So the other studios are "incompetent" because they need experts to do it:lol:

Check this out. Kaz is actually future proofing(we've heard that before) GTS before a single TV can actually display GTS correctly. The technology isn't out yet. Meanwhile, I can just about see AC 3 or 4, PC 3 or 4, FM7/FH4 on next gen consoles while people are still playing GTS on PS4/Pro and can't afford the "proper" tv.

So, anyone who hasn't bothered to buy GTS, are then going to buy a PS4(if they sold it or have not bought one before or dust it off after plugging it in) a couple years from now and download a copy of GTS, just to experience real Ferrari Red? I doubt it.

It is silliy to innovate a game, for the purpose of vanity, that users can't even use properly "for a while", as Kaz put it.
To add, he's been at the visual side of the game (HDR?) for 3 years.

Back