Gran Turismo Sport delayed to 2017

• Thread starter Pophead
  • 1,859 comments
The problem is that as long Forza Motorsport wont come to Playstation (what a stund whould that be ;))

We dont have a nice racing game in my opinion for the PS4 like GT

Project Cars and Asetto ar not GT or Forza and i like those games more. I have Project Cars but ita not the same not is nice and nowhere near as big....

I had Forza 6 awsome game but i having two consoles. Xbox One just for Forza is stupid.......
We don't have a GT at all for the PS4, so given that both PCars and AC are far bigger.

You actually have to have a product out on the platform to compete.

We don't have a GT at all for the PS4, so given that both PCars and AC are far bigger.

You actually have to have a product out on the platform to compete.

Yeah that's an issue for GT fans, not so much for Sony since the PS4 more or less owned this console generation.

The mighty fell 10 years ago, to be honest, when they announced GT5 in 2005 at E3 under "Vision GT", only to have the game come out 5½ years later. In the automotive world, if you delay a car's launch by 5 years, you're dead and gone. In a market like videogames, where everything moves fairly quickly, people lose interest pretty much as quickly.

Meanwhile, we're 3 weeks away from the 9th title in the Forza franchise in pretty much the same time span.

Maybe they've had to take all the VWs out as well and that's why it's delayed? :lol:

GT5 sold very well though, I believe the second best in the franchise, so I don't think such delays have that much effect on people's interest.

LOL - this is par for the course.

So it looks like there will be no Gran Turismo on the PS4 after all. Remember when back in the day GT was supposed to be a launch title on the PS4? LOL

It is now comically predictable.

Sony and PD have totally lost the plot. For goodness sakes, they did not finish GT4 or GT5 or even GT6, the content and depth was reduced for each successive title. We had to wait years for updates to address promised features, many which where never implemented - and they expect to keep market share?

Sony and PD seem to be forgetting that they are now losing older fans to life, family, commitments and even retirement.

We are witnessing the slow and steady flickering of a once bright flame.

GT5 sold very well though, I believe the second best in the franchise, so I don't think such delays have that much effect on people's interest.

There were far less racing games that could be considered good back then, however. You didn't nearly have as much choice as you do today, and picking up what you want to play ends up becoming a question of personal preferences.

Lots of sales does not mean it was a good game, for instance, the latest Need For Speed sold 860k copies in its first two weeks, and it's a steaming pile of horse poo. I distinctively remember walking into EBGames stores a few months after GT5's release and seeing dozens and dozens of used GT5 discs sitting on the shelf at discount... People bought it en masse, then discarded it relatively quickly because of how underwhelming it felt.

Long time it says, when there is a delay, so be it for the game to come much better ... because it has not been. See other GTs and what were the improvements? Always inwhit trouble and without all the promised contents . What was done Gt 6 Why not taken advantage of this time to start working on the GTS ? In my opinion they never should have done. The Kaz comes to life events and races instead of being working on what should , if so, surely the game exit in due time . So many people who prepaid the game and now is thumb sucking without knowing when will see the return of the money spend. It is sad too see this kind of management.

Ps: Sorry for my English.

Tell you what, not being funny or anything but quite honestly I am looking forward to AC's Japanese and Red packs along with 24 Porsches more than GTS lol. I ordered it because I am a sucker for racing games and cars generally but with so many fantasy cars and GT3s, not missing much.
Super excited for Horizon 3, though. September 23rd, you can't come soon enough baby!! :D

Long time it says, when there is a delay, so be it for the game to come much better ... because it has not been. See other GTs and what were the improvements? Always inwhit trouble and without all the promised contents . What was done Gt 6 Why not taken advantage of this time to start working on the GTS ? In my opinion they never should have done. The Kaz comes to life events and races instead of being working on what should , if so, surely the game exit in due time . So many people who prepaid the game and now is thumb sucking without knowing when will see the return of the money spend. It is sad too see this kind of management.

Ps: Sorry for my English.

Nothing wrong with your English mate. :)

And I agree 100% with what you are saying. They should have spent the time finishing GT5 and GT6, rather than going off with the other side projects.

And yet another delay for the people that prepaid is why I and many others did not pre-order this new title.

What would we have preferred? Would we have preferred PD to ship a broken and incomplete game on launch day and have them patch it up thereafter for several months afterwrads, or have them push the game back and release something that's (hopefully) stable and complete? Because realistically, I see those as the only two options.

Based on all the posts regarding this news, I have to repeat that Kaz has delivered on what he promised... Create human drama with Gran Turismo.

This is what I see on my phone when I reach the end of the GTP news article. Assetto Corsa now available on PS4. :lol:
image.png

What would we have preferred? Would we have preferred PD to ship a broken and incomplete game on launch day and have them patch it up thereafter for several months afterwrads, or have them push the game back and release something that's (hopefully) stable and complete? Because realistically, I see those as the only two options.

I would've preferred them to get off their asses and start working like it's their job.

There were far less racing games that could be considered good back then, however. You didn't nearly have as much choice as you do today, and picking up what you want to play ends up becoming a question of personal preferences.

Lots of sales does not mean it was a good game, for instance, the latest Need For Speed sold 860k copies in its first two weeks, and it's a steaming pile of horse poo. I distinctively remember walking into EBGames stores a few months after GT5's release and seeing dozens and dozens of used GT5 discs sitting on the shelf at discount... People bought it en masse, then discarded it relatively quickly because of how underwhelming it felt.

There does seem to be an increased amount of choice recently, but there was still a certain amount of it then, obviously including Forza, which of course is the closest to GT.

I agree that sales depend on factors other than just the quality of the game, but they probably do represent fairly well the interest in a particular game.

I would've preferred them to get off their asses and start working like it's their job.

Ah, yes, delays are caused because developers are lazy :D

Last edited:
This would be bigger than if Super Mario crossed over to PS.

Could you imagine the look on Kaz's face if that happened? I had hope for GT but sadly I'm not really a fan of that whole e-sport direction it's going and that they have to deliver new game so late into console's life cycle. I'm planning to get Xbox One before the year ends, even through I already have PS4 and it's expensive for me to buy a new console. I don't want to start console war because it makes no sense but I've always been playing on PlayStation and never ever had an Xbox. Forza looks so perfect to me, lots of cars, customization and it's not so hardcore (I'm just regular player who likes racing games and plays on gamepad) like Project Cars or Assetto Corsa (I enjoy playing the first of those though but I don't have AC, I like Dirt Rally too but it's different genre of driving games). Horizon 3 will be awesome as well. But it's a topic about GT so I'll stop talking about Forza here.

Could you imagine the look on Kaz's face if that happened? I had hope for GT but sadly I'm not really a fan of that whole e-sport direction it's going and that they have to deliver new game so late into console's life cycle. I'm planning to get Xbox One before the year ends, even through I already have PS4 and it's expensive for me to buy a new console. I don't want to start console war because it makes no sense but I've always been playing on PlayStation and never ever had an Xbox. Forza looks so perfect to me, lots of cars, customization and it's not so hardcore (I'm just regular player who likes racing games and plays on gamepad) like Project Cars or Assetto Corsa (I enjoy playing the first of those though but I don't have AC, I like Dirt Rally too but it's different genre of driving games). Horizon 3 will be awesome as well. But it's a topic about GT so I'll stop talking about Forza here.
I'm a long time GT player. I preferred GT over any type of game. That's all I bought the consoles for. I was waiting to buy PS4 for GT. It's probably not going to happen. Purely my choice.
This delay is not about me and my wants. It does however, reflect PlayStation sales. One less PS4 being sold this year. Add up other disappointed potential PS4 buyers and that's plenty money lost.

Just as I was gearing myself up to get PS4/GTS, this happens. If I remember the game is coming out next year, we'll see what happens. For now, I will continue to drive virtual cars on my XBONE.

I blame the Japanese leadership and management and the Japanese work culture/ethics. To be fair I do not understand how they managed so far. Oh yeah I forgot, the footsoldiers work their asses of and the boss only criticises them and demand even better work...
Ie the boss hardly knows what needs to be done or is done, just sees the results like a clueless fool he is.

Based on all the posts regarding this news, I have to repeat that Kaz has delivered on what he promised... Create human drama with Gran Turismo.

This is what I see on my phone when I reach the end of the GTP news article. Assetto Corsa now available on PS4. :lol:
View attachment 581226
Cutting edge like GPS data loger used by two people ever...

What they should have done is learn from previous mistakes and ship the best racer on the market in the timescale they advertised. They have made this rod for their own back and are only reaping what they sowed.

Latest Posts

Back