Gran Turismo Sport delayed to 2017

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Pophead, Aug 30, 2016.

1. mister dog

mister dog (Banned)

Good reason to wait another year! Kaz, you listening? :D

girabyt3 and BoneSawTX like this.
  2. Tornado

Tornado

It's not their fault that Sony didn't know what year the first game released.

3. Spagetti69

Spagetti69 Premium

In fairness the French reporter mentioned this months ago, in his opinion the game was no where near finished.

I don't care about GT so it doesn't bother me. I feel for you guys though.

prousonhairy, BoneSawTX and Alex p. like this.
  4. Earth

Earth

This is why I believe there needs to be a another 'car collecting' style game out there thats on all platforms to challenge GT and Forza and push them to the next level. At the moment GT and Forza dont really compete with eachother as directly as we'd like to think because as you said, its tough to buy a console just for one game, not to mention the whole circus with different wheels and such.

The problem is Turn 10 and Polyphony are fumbling the car collecting concept (either by stagnant gameplay or slow implication of new features) and as a result sales have been steadily declining. So there probably isnt much interest in anyone else making such a game.

But I will dare dream for a second that someone big like EA goes all out and decides to make a rival to Forza and GT thats available on Xbox/PS/PC and crossplay compatible on all 3 platforms. Would be sick and no doubt would up the game of Turn 10 and PD

Alex p. likes this.
  5. FS7

FS7

I wonder if it would had been better if PD had released GT6 on PS4 instead of PS3.

Alex p. likes this.
  6. azidahaka

azidahaka

This is as ridiculous as it may get. They touched the pit now.

If they won't release a beta or something this may be a really hard blow to GT Franchise...

I mean ALL THE RETAILERS here in italy were taking preorders and now? Customers and retailers do not like this stuff.

But what completely messes up with my mind is:

How the hell could it happen? I mean they had been reassuring on release date, give go to preorders, had the copper box event, and just NOW they realized the issues?

I mean PD is PD, but come on this seems way way way to strange even for them? What the hell happened?

People say it's NEO coming, but i think there must be something else, a massive roadblock they didn't see coming (maybe 'cause of clipping and texture pop-in lol)...

After all many parts of the engine showed so far seemed well and ready; the showed content was lacking but i can't and won't believe in all these years that was all that they had ready :D

Alex p. likes this.
  7. Billyboy17

Billyboy17

They better put engine swapping in. If im going to pay 60$ for their so called best racing simulator, it better have engine swaps.

civicgsir likes this.
  8. Alex p.

Alex p.

They will absolutely do that. But then again, if it launches in 2017, they can call it "Gran Turismo 2017", oh wait they can do both! This is how they will do it, in 2017 release "Gran Turismo 2017, Prologue", and then release proper Gran Turimso 7 in 2018 as part of the anniversary. I'm joking, that's obvious, but it would not surprise me ONE BIT, if they would actually do that.

9. shoemaker

shoemaker

Haha,haha....ive stopped laughing now. So funny because it was so predictable, we all said and knew that it would be delayed, i really dont know why PD give release dates when they never stick to them. Anyway, it is better to perfect the game than release a half arsed game which we would all complain about. At least i will have fifa 17 and f1 2016 to keep me going until then....whenever that is !

10. 4everdelayed

4everdelayed

:tup:

gj pd

yabiggoose likes this.
  11. Alex p.

Alex p.

Perfect the game? Whome are you kidding? Since GT PSP no GT game was even close to perfect. What did PD do with their over 5 years development time with GT5? Oh wait, it was the PS3's fault, my bad...

12. Motor City Hami

Motor City Hami

I am still waiting for all of the things promised for GT6 when I purchased my pre-order. I was really looking forward to the seven post chassis rig to better diagnose handling problems. And the track editor was a bit watered down from it's original description of mapping a track using your phone's GPS. I had five real world tracks on the schedule and a couple of street course that I wanted to drive.

I see no PS4 in my near future.

bremics, Imari, Alex p. and 1 other person like this.
  13. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

If this means we get more content (cars and tracks) I'm very happy with a delay. A new Gran Turismo is always something special but its not like we're short on good racing games to play this year, GTSport in the quiet spell at the start of next year would be nice.

14. pasigiri

pasigiri

It's about the money. GT makes, and has made, Sony a LOT of money when compared to Evolution. Basically, PD is dug in. But with their baffles with GT5 and 6 and now Sport, they could be looking at getting dug up. More likely a re-org.

Alex p. likes this.
  15. jbnd05

jbnd05

Pathetic. Never mind that the game looked like a mediocre copy of Project Cars with a less inspired car list, it's now late. No one is checking for this. The racing genre has become more competitive and this is going to flop.

Imari and mister dog like this.
  16. JKgo

JKgo

...Wow, I expected a bit more carnage in this thread, but whew, it's relatively sane in here. Good going, GTP.

As for the delay itself.... oh well. What can you do, eh?

{Shrugs shoulders, leaves}

Alex p. and Motor City Hami like this.
  17. warp9engage

warp9engage

"Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it"

Meanwhile, at Camp Microsoft, on the very same day GT Sport is delayed, Forza Horizon 3 goes gold!

18. Motor City Hami

Motor City Hami

I spent $65 on Forza Motorsports 6 when it launched. I have also spent $7 a month on new cars. I just cannot resist. They always have a new car or two that I like from the pack so I keep buying them. So in 10 months, I have spent an additional $70 on DLC. The Forza DLC always has something cool to offer, is about the cost of a cup of premium coffee and is always, consistently ON TIME!

PD could have made much more money for Sony if they actually had a plan that had realistic timelines that monetized a viable product at launch with consistently timed track, car and other cool feature updates. PD (or Sony) need to hire more project managers and give them more control within the business model, not more developers. Kaz is a racer and developer and is fully in charge and a perfectionist, so his products are never complete.

bremics, Imari, prousonhairy and 4 others like this.
  19. FT-1

FT-1

Brilliant username! :lol:

syntex123, Revoy, mister dog and 3 others like this.
  20. shoemaker

shoemaker

Perfect the game was perhaps the wrong phrase, as what game is perfect ? But Kaz also said "to perfect the game".I should say to bring the game up to standard, what we have seen so far was below par and unacceptable.Parts look the same as gt6, some cars were using the same modelling etc. The ps4 is capable of alot more, we the fans deserve alot more and it seems that Kaz agrees with us on that. It has to be better than project cars though seriously !

21. Coiler

Coiler

"Expect perfection" does it say anything to you?

Alex p. likes this.
  22. Coiler

Coiler

;)

Sorry for double post

Alex p. likes this.
  23. civicgsir

civicgsir Premium

everything.

They probably need 20-30% more staff I bet, and some really good management people.

Imari, Alex p. and Motor City Hami like this.
  24. ryzno

ryzno Premium

Nice name :cheers:

25. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

And then people wonder why long term fans of the game aren't so easily swayed to believe that PD actually will release a game on time. "But but but buu....LMS...what about GT6?" yeah a game that was basically a shift over of assets and play style and updating started by the previous iteration before it.

I too find it worrying that they don't have a solid date for 2017 release, not even a quarterly projection like the never released beta. Which for those new to the PD-universe, spells a chance that there is another likely delay. And thus just saying 2017 in general will allow them not to have to make another announcement about a delay.

Imari likes this.
  26. GTEFGHA

GTEFGHA

Kaz has decided to give his opinion on the matter: kazunoriyamauchi.png

Alex p. and LMSCorvetteGT2 like this.
  27. yabiggoose

yabiggoose

OC donut steel.

PhotoGrid_1472578772861.jpg

28. Flying_Kefran

Flying_Kefran Premium

Déjà vu...
    And 4 Forza games on this console generation before the first Gran Turismo.

GG Polyphony Digital

Imari, azidahaka, BoneSawTX and 2 others like this.
  29. Nico_Ble99

Nico_Ble99

At least Sony is letting us know about it and has cancelled our pre-orders:

IMG_20160830_193908.jpg

Basically says that they are thankful for you/us pre-ordering GTS, that the game has been delayed, and that you/we have got a confirmation E-Mail about the cancelled pre-order. Also states that as soon as proper product information is available, the game will be able to pre-order again and that they are very sorry for any unpleasentness.

ProjectF and queleuleu like this.
  30. Rubber

Rubber

I like to think it's to add more features and a better Single Player mode...... But I have a feeling it isn't.

Alex p. likes this.