Gran Turismo Sport delayed to 2017

• Thread starter Pophead
  • 1,859 comments
What do you mean "at least they're letting us know about it", I mean yeah they have to, they're obligated to let those people who basically bought the game already have their money back. Due to the fact Sony/PD have no clue when they'll release said title, hell it could very well get canceled and expanded in to GT7 stand alone and be another GT:HD. @Nico_Ble99

Last edited:
It ain't a GT game if ain't delayed.

Well at least this gives me time to focus on other things...like Trump I guess...Oh god why.:indiff:

If I can wait for GT5 and MGSV, then I can wait for this.

At least Sony is letting us know about it and has cancelled our pre-orders:

View attachment 581163

Basically says that they are thankful for you/us pre-ordering GTS, that the game has been delayed, and that you/we have got a confirmation E-Mail about the cancelled pre-order. Also states that as soon as proper product information is available, the game will be able to pre-order again and that they are very sorry for any unpleasentness.
Looks like we're in for the long run.

View attachment 581163

Basically says that they are thankful for you/us pre-ordering GTS, that the game has been delayed, and that you/we have got a confirmation E-Mail about the cancelled pre-order. Also states that as soon as proper product information is available, the game will be able to pre-order again and that they are very sorry for any unpleasentness.

Sounds quite ominous, seems like GT Sport is arriving no earlier than Spring 2017. :boggled:

I'll take the 2017 date with a truck load of salt. I bet it releases in 2019 since PD only got to 50% in 3 years.

Last edited:
PD are the laughing stock of the gaming industry for me now. Does any dev live on past glories in the way PD do. They used to be the top of the tree, however, apart from graphics, lighting in particular, they don't even reach the heights that others have reached. Maybe I'm done with GT. Will I really miss GT? There so many other fantastic racing games around that I'm not sure I would. Oh how the mighty have fallen. It's a total lack of respect to the GT name in my opinion.

Ok so I get it the gts is just gonna be another gt5 and they need more time to "perfect it" as they say so I'm looking forward to getting this extraordinary disappointing game in 2019 but until then I can literally go to game stop and pay a nickel a day until the game releases. Idk why they stopped updating gt6 like you can add a 2014 nismo gtr to the game but you can't add any other cars not including the vision gt cars Dang I'm surprised y'all didn't add the 2017 gtr in gt6 since y'all care about that car over all of the others. Y'all need to get like forza man because I used to be a die hard fan of granturismo and hated forza but now I'm thinking about investing in a Xbox one S for forza since forza has a way better car list than granturismo. I bet the majority gt sport's car list are gonna be each and every trim level of the skyline all the way from R31 smh. What happen to get sport releasing in 2015 like y'all said and gt7 releasing in 2017 like y'all said but now y'all are saying there's no gt7. It's ridiculous how you do your fans it really is but it's ok il be waiting another 3 years while playing forza horizon 3 on my new Xbox bragging about how it's way better than granturismo.

7761e2128924452b8a744ba0ea82298e.png

:lol:

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

The mighty fell 10 years ago, to be honest, when they announced GT5 in 2005 at E3 under "Vision GT", only to have the game come out 5½ years later. In the automotive world, if you delay a car's launch by 5 years, you're dead and gone. In a market like videogames, where everything moves fairly quickly, people lose interest pretty much as quickly.

Meanwhile, we're 3 weeks away from the 9th title in the Forza franchise in pretty much the same time span.

Maybe they've had to take all the VWs out as well and that's why it's delayed? :lol:

I want to be optimistic but this time, I can't thanks to my little common sense :P
For three years, we had no news about GT on PS4. So we thought it will be the best GT, they even hired the Forza sound guy. And there is the event reveal.... After three years or even more given that Poly is a first party. Why things would change with one more year (or less)?

I was optimistic when the copper évent was launched. Was impressed by E3 and I made myself believe : Hey you see they are advancing, looks promising. Gamescom, no real news and that's where reality started to kick in. Today the official delay and not a surprise at all.

The PS4 is like a white canvas. With PD it still is after more than 3 years :irked:

The mighty fell 10 years ago, to be honest, when they announced GT5 in 2005 at E3 under "Vision GT", only to have the game come out 5½ years later. In the automotive world, if you delay a car's launch by 5 years, you're dead and gone. In a market like videogames, where everything moves fairly quickly, people lose interest pretty much as quickly.

Meanwhile, we're 3 weeks away from the 9th title in the Forza franchise in pretty much the same time span.

Maybe they've had to take all the VWs out as well and that's why it's delayed? :lol:
Fully agree. I used to chuckle when my Xbox friends waxed lyrical about how great Forza was. I used to silently think 'you just wait, GT will show you!' I'm still waiting and don't think GTS has got a hope in hell of being the game that shows everyone else how it's done.

Not sure if anybody mentioned this, but some of the VGT cars that were supposed to be available in GT6 by late 2014 won't be available until 2017 or whenever GTS is released.

View attachment 581163

Nico, did you cancel your pre-order, or did they send this to you on their own?

Back