Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
It would be wonderful if they would add at least three grades of dirt in the air.
Fine dust, bits of dirt and large lumps.
That would take the atmosphere to another level. Effects are pretty GPU heavy though, right? At least decent resolution effects. Then again, if you're going at speed, you won't be able to notice if they're of a lower quality than the other effects, and PD may be able to up the quality in Photomode, although I'm not 100% if that's possible.

Amid the melancholy nature in the sports world recently, it was a worthy diversion to see the Gran Turismo Sport trailer uploaded to YouTube earlier today. More than ever, this GT SPORT seems like the lift and the boost needed to take this franchise into the future with new life. I am still thinking of GT SPORT as perhaps that much greater quantum leap the series needs. I thought Gran Turismo 6 righted most of Gran Turismo 5's wrongs. GT SPORT, however, may right many of the wrongs of the Gran Turismo franchise itself. Yes- all 15+ something years of the franchise.

One mark of a great gaming franchise is to instantly lift your interest in if you feel the series is down. GT SPORT is still a game I somewhat consider as being the Gran Turismo we've probably have wanted for ages. It may not be a traditional Gran Turismo, but a lot of the elements to GT SPORT [that we know of] may provide the most exciting GT experience to date. Should there be a Gran Turismo 7, I want classic Gran Turismo elements mixed with elements of GT Sport to form GT7. I think all of us gamers- let alone us racing/driving game fans- should have something to be excited about with GT Sport. So if I were you... I'd get psyched about this game. At least I'm convinced and sold even for someone who doesn't have a PlayStation 4.

When he first could be heard, I grinned. Really awesome to see, as someone who only fairly recently started noticing @Tom's work (hey, I don't play competitively, I just write! :lol: ). eSports need more people like him to make them watchable to Joe Public, IMO.
I remember hearing his commentary for Really Rubbish Racing on Motors TV UK last year, surprised they were showing sim racing on that channel. Good to see eSports growing, hopefully sim racing genre gets as big as some of the other ones in terms of prize money. IMO GT SPORT has best prize with winners getting awarded at FIA annual Prize-Giving gala.

T10 have a partnership with Ford Performance which likely has timed exclusivity for their cars. Assuming that is the case the period of exclusivity could last a year.
IMO, that exclusivity ended already in some cases, I'm playing CSR racing on my laptop and I found out the GT 2017 on it, also, real racing 3 got the GT350R just starting the year, and the Focus RS was exclusive to NFS until the Forza HW pack, so, I would say Ford Performance is free now for all games, and GT is already using the brand, (at least fictionally) :lol::lol:. Who knows, maybe the GT 2017 is already being modelled, and with Gr.1 build on it, only PD/Sony knows
GranTurismoSport-12.jpg

The Chiron in Group 1 against dedicated prototypes is silly enough, I'd certainly hope that if PD is planning on including the Ford GT, it would be put in Group 3 with the other roughly GT3-spec machines (assuming they don't model the actual racing car).

Circuit rally racing appears to be included again (unless that Mitzu has caught the Ford during the stage. I have my doubts). The dust does seem a fair bit milder than that of GT5 and GT6.

Still hopeful for point-to-point timed stages. The gave us a random car for shuffle racing. They should be able to give us a random starting grid number. Then stagger the starts by 20-30 seconds. Yes, ever hopeful for the return of good rally in the GT series

Cheers gents

Lol at first i couldn't believe i was hearing Tom's commentary during the trailer.
The new GT3 spec Mustang is awesome, this trailer really pumped me up.
THERE'S ALSO NO BABY CRYING EVEN! Of course graphics do look unreal, hope to see the same realism during the game tbh. I'm hyped again damn.

Evening gents.
Exciting times with a new trailer. :)

I happened to pause the clip and got a good look at the front of the Mustang Gr 3.
Looks sweet.

pizap.com14655975089691_zpsmvurnpdt.jpg

But just after that this car caught my eye trailing the pack.
I've no idea what I'm looking at but I'm sure you guys will set me straight.
To me it looks all white with red front guards and red rear wing end plates.

pizap.com14655967921921_zps1wtq4kbq.jpg

Evening gents.

I happened to pause the clip and got a good look at the front of the Mustang Gr 3.
Looks sweet.

pizap.com14655975089691_zpsmvurnpdt.jpg

FT1

Evening gents.

Looks sweet.

*snip*

Mitsi Evo X??
Definitely an Evo X. You can tell by the thin, wide headlights and the trapezoid grille. Can also see the grey blurred out badge in the middle of the grille if you look close enough.

So are these never-seen-before GT3 cars PD made?
Mustang GT
4C
Impreza
Evo X
F-type
We've already seen the bottom four but yeah, PD seems to have basically added bodykits and tuned the performance to make those into GT3 spec cars. Pretty cool, and the 4C is just :drool:

Definitely an Evo X. You can tell by the thin, wide headlights and the trapezoid grille. Can also see the grey blurred out badge in the middle of the grille if you look close enough.

The livery doesn't match up with the Evolution X Gr. 3 we've already seen though. I don't think it's a different livery either since all the other cars so far we've seen on track have had their default liveries. The GT Academy GT-R GT3 was my second thought, but again, the livery doesn't quite match up.

I want to say that the grille reminds me of a Tesla Model S, but I doubt even PD are crazy enough to create an electric GT3 car :P

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it could be the Hyundai Genesis Coupe from GT6 as well.

Last edited:
Nothing much new in this trailer, but a couple of observations:

1) Music much better. Thanks for saving my ears this time PD. Also good to see they haven't forgotten MOTC ;)

2) We get more glimpse of roadcars at 1:20. There's a shot of them going through Tokyo tunnels. I can't really see any new models revealed, but it should calm the people who says GTS has too much emphasis on race cars.

3) Scapes filters are fantastic :drool: Vibrant filter is practically real life :crazy: There seems to be less selection than in GT5/6, but most filters in those games look tacky anyway and I never use them so it's ok.

4) Trees at Nurb look fantastic. Also loving the billboards at Willow's Turn 2. PD's tracks have always been characterised as bland so it's good to see they are increasing the "festive" atmosphere.

5) Damage still looks non-existent and pinball physics during crashes 👎

6) Just noticed, when selecting car colours there aren't any colour names shown. Perhaps they've done away with the awful paint chips system altogether? Would make much more sense now that we have a livery editor 💡

7) Anyone can race, everyone can win. More like everyone can race, but only 1 can win :lol:

It's a pretty underwhelming trailer for E3 if this is all they've got. But with GTS being such a focused game with much less content this is probably all they've got to show. I'm just hoping the full car list, track list and scapes list will be revealed soon.

After my doubts, I think I might just enjoy GTS for what it is. GT5 Prologue, despite being much smaller in scope than GT5/6 ended up being my favourite GT experience on the PS3. I'll take quality > quantity any day.

Back