Gran Turismo Sport to be Playable at 2017 Tokyo Auto Salon

You didn't even read that much. The conversation was about people who buy a PS4 because a GT game is eventually coming in some form, then leave the thing in the box until the game comes out until then. It has also been reiterated multiple times; and people do do this and have talked about doing so for this game as well as past GT games. When GT PSP was first announced and shown off in 2004, there were people on this forum who went so far as to import PSPs so they could get one sooner so they could proceed to not use it whatsoever because they only bought it for when the Gran Turismo game came out.

So when you wander in the thread to say "well maybe they will use it in some other way in the meantime", the only actual response to you is that you should read what was actually said before attempting reeducation.
What i read is preventive purchase only, i didn't see people here said, letting the ps4pro on the box, if you can show me the post, then yes my comment is wrong

i didn't see people here said, letting the ps4pro on the box, if you can show me the post, then yes my comment is wrong
Here's the post you claimed to read:
So if a person only intends to play a single game, it is irrational to buy a console when that game doesn't exist yet
Which would preclude using it for any other functionality while you're waiting.

Here's a post that reiterates that you're buying it just to play something that hasn't actually released:
I'm just pointing out that it's totally irrational to spend several hundred dollars on hardware for a game that doesn't exist yet, has very little solid information about it and has no release date.
Which implies that it would preclude using it for any other functionality while you're waiting.

Here's another pair of posts reiterating that if someone has done something else with the system in the meantime that that isn't what is being discussed:
So you're not just buying it for GTS. So actually, none of what I said applies to you
I'm not talking about you. I've never been talking about you. You have never been in that position.
Which reiterates that it would preclude using it for any other functionality while you're waiting (and in that specific case, also when buying the console after the game had already released).

Here's another post from someone else you directly quoted that even used the words "in the box" in it:
Now, buying the console, to sit in the box until "Coming 2017", is a bit irrational

Here's someone who summed up the discussion in only two sentences and how it doesn't apply to people who do other things with the console than just waiting for a game to come out:
Then you already have other incentives than playing that unique platform exclusive.:)👍 The point, as I understand it, is to make that specific purchase decision on the sole basis of anticipating that particular game, which if not irrational is at least particularly ill-advised.

So, again, when you wander in the thread to say "well maybe they will use it in some other way in the meantime", the only actual response to you is that you should read what was actually said before attempting reeducation. Because, again, it has been said multiple times by multiple people that the people who get use out of the thing while they are waiting for the game they want to come out aren't what is actually being talked about.

Last edited:
Here's the post you claimed to read:

Here's a post that reiterates that you're buying it just to play something that hasn't actually released:

Which implies that it would preclude using it for any other functionality while you're waiting.

Here's another post reiterating that if someone has done something else with the system in the meantime that that isn't what is being discussed:

Which reiterates that it would preclude using it for any other functionality while you're waiting.

Here's another post from someone else you directly quoted that even used the words "in the box" in it:

Here's someone who summed up the discussion in only two sentences and how it doesn't apply to people who do other things with the console than just waiting for a game to come out:

So, again, when you wander in the thread to say "well maybe they will use it in some other way in the meantime", the only actual response to you is that you should read what was actually said before attempting reeducation. Because, again, it has been said multiple times by multiple people that the people who get use out of the thing while they are waiting for the game they want to come out aren't what is actually being talked about.
The 2 first post dont mean it, because he talks about games, the only game for a console
But the post of 05Rx8 is 👍
But pointing this exemple is like talking to 0,1% who did it..i guess
It s not very common

Well there are a lot of comment, and i m not sure i ve read the last 2

...Well okay. TIL that I'm an irrational fool. I did buy the fat PS3 back in... uh, 2006? Early 2007? So I could play as-yet released FF13 and DMC4 as well as GT5, all three of them years away at the time.

And imagine my scalp boiling over when I learned that both FF13 and DMC4 went multi-platform. I wouldn't have forked out that much moolah for a PS3 in the first place and would've gotten the cheaper 360 instead.... :ouch: And GT5 turned out to be a spectacular mess on launch. Ah, the memories.

I said most of what I have to say, but for clarification, I think people are allowed to do what they want with their own money and buy a console for a single game, even if the game isn't out yet, if that's what they desire.

What's sad and I don't know why, but some want to say "it's irrational" and "it makes no sense". To them, that's that! :lol: It's as if they're the final word on the matter. Maybe it is to certain people here who are stuck believing only their opinion counts
Anyone can do whatever they want with their money. No one has said otherwise. Have you even been reading them?

For some reason you keep thinking that because we've expressed our opinion, that we're using it as if its final word. We're literally doing nothing different than what you're doing, so it makes no sense to me that you think you're not. Its ridiculously ironic, and odd, that you can't see that you're trying to stop us from doing so all the while saying how people should be able to voice their opinions.

It's easy to see why people don't try to argue for their own or someone else's 'unpopular' point of view. Because you get the same crowd each time twisting up the words from the original statement, a lack of or an unwillingness to accept another opinion, bad comprehension, understanding or just plain ignorance to the things you are trying to say. Then when you explain or try to clarify what it is you were saying, or stand by your views you get more of the same "I'm right you're wrong, your opinion is null" crap.
Its funny, considering the popular opinion is actually yours. You've done little clarifying other than you showing that you don't seem to be sure with what you're disagreeing with. Either way no one said you were wrong, we're just holding on to our opinion, literally exactly like you are. Stop being a hypocrite.
More people here need a voice. If what you feel isn't conforming with the norm, you shouldn't be shunned for having that opinion. Build up your fellow man, don't tear him down
Completely ironic considering you're literally trying to silence and shun those who are in disagreeance with you.

If you want to be part of discussion then do so, but stop complaining because people have a different view than you.

As much as I'm trying to restrain myself from getting involved in this ludicrous word game where people are essentially refering to someone buying a NES system, where the system is pointless without a game cartridge inserted, and what people buy in 2017, a multi-media console, I will say this.
Where are the moderators putting a halt to this way off-topic discussion?

To be fair, there really isn't much to discuss about GTS at this point since we haven't had anything that's not a mistaken placeholder release date in months. Every demo and presentation from PD as of late has been the same old same old.

As much as I'm trying to restrain myself from getting involved in this ludicrous word game where people are essentially refering to someone buying a NES system, where the system is pointless without a game cartridge inserted, and what people buy in 2017, a multi-media console, I will say this.
Where are the moderators putting a halt to this way off-topic discussion?

To be fair, there really isn't much to discuss about GTS at this point since we haven't had anything that's not a mistaken placeholder release date in months. Every demo and presentation from PD as of late has been the same old same old.

That's why I posted this
This thread is pretty much dead. The General Discussion and Master Car List need info.

New car info should have been revealed, at the very least. About 20 Scapes, FIA update and more techno babble fodder should be on our screens. Might not happen for a couple more months.

Lol. People buying consoles for a game that is yet to be released is even worse fan service than pre-ordering.

Just give them your money and walk away.

Those people are probably laughing at you spending countless hours still moaning about a game you played 5 or 6 years ago. :lol: At least with those people however, for a couple of days pay, they're taking a punt on a game they're looking forward to. They have an end game of satisfaction that may or may not pay off.

What do you get out of all these hours you spend talking about a franchise that has clearly let you down? I would genuinely like to know this because I truly cannot fathom what a game would have to do to get me to constantly moan about it, day in, day out, on an unaffiliated fan site no less! :lol: What is possibly in it for you? Or is it that bitterness has just consumed you?

If you're going to question the rational of a person who spends a little money on a console for a yet to be released game (which you're entitled to) I'm going to question the rational of a person who spends hours upon hours telling this small community of his disappointment on a daily basis. In my opinion, both these things are irrational, but one of these is truly bat **** crazy! :confused:

We're all just wasting time. Its funny to try to say someone is wasting anymore time than someone else. We're all here cus we have nothing better to do, regardless of "sides" so I don't even understand how that's a point against anyone :lol:

Last edited:
Those people are probably laughing at you spending countless hours still moaning about a game you played 5 or 6 years ago. :lol:

I'm hardly moaning, but if they wish to laugh then so be it.

At least with those people however, for a couple of days pay, they're taking a punt on a game they're looking forward to. They have an end game of satisfaction that may or may not pay off.

I suppose it is only a couple of days pay for some. It's rather more than that for others, and still more have a lot of other things that need to be paid for first before they could even consider dropping a couple of days pay on an item that they may not use.

They certainly do have an end game of satisfaction that may or may not pay off, and that's exactly what I've been talking about. Rolling the dice before the game even has a release date is an unnecessary risk, unless you're getting magnificent odds like @FPV MIC said before.

What do you get for buying a console now instead of a week before the game releases? Nothing. Sony doesn't care. Polyphony doesn't care. It's all in people's heads.

Like I've said several times, people can spend their money however they want, but it's not a rational purchase.

What do you get out of all these hours you spend talking about a franchise that has clearly let you down? I would genuinely like to know this because I truly cannot fathom what a game would have to do to get me to constantly moan about it, day in, day out, on an unaffiliated fan site no less! :lol: What is possibly in it for you? Or is it that bitterness has just consumed you?

You may have noticed that GTPlanet has grown beyond simply Gran Turismo. Nonetheless, like many who grew up playing Gran Turismo I still have an attachment to the brand. I would like it to be great again. I am interested to see more about what they intend with GTS. I'm not that thrilled with what I've seen so far, and given the last two games I'm not exactly on the hype train, but I remember good times with GT and I believe that they can do it again. I hope that they can do it again.

In the meantime, I enjoy talking about Gran Turismo and video games in general. Particularly, I like to discuss the culture of pre-ordering that has arisen in the industry and how people feel the need to spend money as soon as possible even if there's no benefit for them. I think it's important to highlight how silly this is, because as long as people keep doing it then publishers will keep abusing it. Which doesn't end well for any of us. Buy a game when it comes out, we are no longer in an age where stores run out of stuff.

Unless I guess it's a Nintendo, but still, you're probably better off taking your chances.

We all have nothing to go on until Polyphony or Sony puts out more GTS news. Until then, I'm happy to talk about console purchases. If you're going to attack me for that instead of adding to the discussion, then who is really causing the problem here?

If you're going to question the rational of a person who spends a little money on a console for a yet to be released game (which you're entitled to) I'm going to question the rational of a person who spends hours upon hours telling this small community of his disappointment on a daily basis. In my opinion, both these things are irrational, but one of these is truly bat **** crazy! :confused:

It's a good job I'm not that guy then.

Look at how many posts a day I have. It's at best 5 or 6 when there's something interesting going on, but mostly it's one or two. That's what, maybe half an hour, tops? Look at how many of them are even in the GT forums. I spend most of my time in the Opinions section these days, I simply browse the GT section to see if anything interesting has happened.

The discussions that I've had that are even vaguely GT related in the past week are this one about console purchases (which applies to all games, not just GT, and hasn't even included my opinions on the game), and whether Kaz is a perfectionist. You'll find ones where I talk about my disappointment in the direction the franchise has gone, but they're not super common and I think you'd be hard pressed to find one a week, let alone one a day.

And I'll thank you not to call me names that objectively don't apply, especially things like bat 🤬 crazy. It's impolite and a very poor way to have a conversation. I'm not entirely sure that you're trying to have a conversation rather than simply trying to shut me down with abuse, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I suppose it is only a couple of days pay for some. It's rather more than that for others, and still more have a lot of other things that need to be paid for first before they could even consider dropping a couple of days pay on an item that they may not use.

Yet you question all of those people without knowing anything about them, or even more questionably, if they still exist. :lol: Without no way of measuring their income you question what they do with it and accuse those people of basically doing it to support Sony or PD? Have you ever thought that, like most of the human race, they may well do this for their own motives and benefits?

With my questioning of your rational, at least I have measurable data and the fact that you exist to back up my opinion of what I think you are doing with your time, you have neither of these things when you painted them all as "paying fan service" and question what they do with their money.

They certainly do have an end game of satisfaction that may or may not pay off, and that's exactly what I've been talking about. Rolling the dice before the game even has a release date is an unnecessary risk, unless you're getting magnificent odds like @FPV MIC said before.

Well lets look at the odds from those users points of view then. They obviously enjoyed the last game enough to go out and buy the system for the next. Regardless of what you and I think about the rational in doing so, I would have to say the odds are looking in their favour, would you not agree?

You can question the rational of this, sure, but you cannot and should not label them as some sort of blind loyalists who are pissing their money away when you clearly have no clue or no way to measure their motives and income.

Speaking of rolling the dice, remember PCars? Did you not roll the dice as I did myself on a company with no experience in the simulation market? Do you not see the hypocrisy in what you are saying now? You need to detach yourself from your own views and experiences on a product when talking about people who clearly had different ones than yourself.

What do you get for buying a console now instead of a week before the game releases? Nothing. Sony doesn't care. Polyphony doesn't care. It's all in people's heads.

Like I said above, who is to say these people would care what Sony or PD think either? Once again, Without knowing these peoples disposable income and motives for it, you certainly cannot paint them all with the same brush because you know absolutely jack about them.

Particularly, I like to discuss the culture of pre-ordering that has arisen in the industry and how people feel the need to spend money as soon as possible even if there's no benefit for them. I think it's important to highlight how silly this is

I think it's important for me to highlight the hypocrisy of this statement with two words. Project Cars :lol:

And I'll thank you not to call me names that objectively don't apply, especially things like bat 🤬 crazy. It's impolite and a very poor way to have a conversation.

I questioned your rational and gave a statement of what I think of it and asked you to explain your thinking and what you get out if it. It's exactly what you have done but to a lesser degree of what you wrote about these people you speak of that may or may not exist anymore. I did not give a blanket statement to cover a lot of people I know absolutely nothing about either.

In the meantime, I enjoy talking about Gran Turismo and video games in general. Particularly, I like to discuss the culture of pre-ordering that has arisen in the industry and how people feel the need to spend money as soon as possible even if there's no benefit for them. I think it's important to highlight how silly this is, because as long as people keep doing it then publishers will keep abusing it. Which doesn't end well for any of us. Buy a game when it comes out, we are no longer in an age where stores run out of stuff.

This is wrong. Preorders are used by publishers to gauge initial interest and hence secure larger retail shipments. They mean a lot to the success of the game as this is where price is at its highest and many games are frontloaded (thought not GT). Either way, if someone wants to support the developer and receives extra goodies I see no harm in it.

We're all just wasting time. Its funny to try to say someone is wasting anymore time than someone else. We're all here cus we have nothing better to do, regardless of "sides" so I don't even understand how that's a point against anyone :lol:
Well. This is the internet after all, right? Oops, did I just wasted my time typing this off topic post out in a thread regarding a game that's not even out yet? WOW, I suuure have a lot time on my hands don't I? Hurr durr, guess some people will have something to laugh at now. Why did I spent countless hours to just type this!? :sly: :lol:

Last edited:
Yet you question all of those people without knowing anything about them, or even more questionably, if they still exist. :lol: Without no way of measuring their income you question what they do with it and accuse those people of basically doing it to support Sony or PD? Have you ever thought that, like most of the human race, they may well do this for their own motives and benefits?

It's still irrational if you earn a trillion dollars a year, it's just a trivial drop in the Scrooge McDuck pool of money that you own.

With my questioning of your rational, at least I have measurable data and the fact that you exist to back up my opinion of what I think you are doing with your time, you have neither of these things when you painted them all as "paying fan service" and question what they do with their money.

You didn't bother reading the thread where a person had described doing this exact thing shortly before I posted, did you?

These people exist.

On the other hand, you do have measurable data about me that you have massively overexaggerated. My post history is public. Try actually looking at it.

Well lets look at the odds from those users points of view then. They obviously enjoyed the last game enough to go out and buy the system for the next. Regardless of what you and I think about the rational in doing so, I would have to say the odds are looking in their favour, would you not agree?

You can question the rational of this, sure, but you cannot and should not label them as some sort of blind loyalists who are pissing their money away when you clearly have no clue or no way to measure their motives and income.

You seem to misunderstand this whole thing. Income doesn't change whether it's irrational. Motives don't change whether it's irrational. How much they would enjoy it doesn't change whether it's irrational.

You can get the same outcome by purchasing a console the day before GTS releases, with significantly less risk. That's why it's irrational.

Speaking of rolling the dice, remember PCars? Did you not roll the dice as I did myself on a company with no experience in the simulation market? Do you not see the hypocrisy in what you are saying now? You need to detach yourself from your own views and experiences on a product when talking about people who clearly had different ones than yourself.

Yes, I did. But SMS didn't have no experience in the simulation market. They were fundamentally Blimey through a few name changes, and had GTR 2 under their belt.

Although even if they had no experience, there are a couple of differences. One is that if people had not supported pCARS, the final game wouldn't have existed. That's not the case with GTS.

The second is that the moment I paid money, I got a product that was playable. It was largely a janky hot lap simulator when I got into it, but I did have a product. Like when I got into the AC early access, I decided that I was happy spending that amount of money for the product that was on offer at the time, regardless of whether future development happened.

That's not the case here. People are paying money to set up for a product that doesn't yet exist. It is a gamble in a way that early access is not.

Like I said above, who is to say these people would care what Sony or PD think either? Once again, Without knowing these peoples disposable income and motives for it, you certainly cannot paint them all with the same brush because you know absolutely jack about them.

As I said above, income and motives don't change how irrational the purchase is.

I think it's important for me to highlight the hypocrisy of this statement with two words. Project Cars :lol:

As above. I spent money, I got a product that actually functioned. Not the same situation at all.

I'm a little puzzled why you would think that is was similar at all. Early access is by definition receiving a functional product, albeit one still under development. Buying a box that is no use to you without a game with no release date is not.

I questioned your rational and gave a statement of what I think of it and asked you to explain your thinking and what you get out if it. It's exactly what you have done but to a lesser degree of what you wrote about these people you speak of that may or may not exist anymore. I did not give a blanket statement to cover a lot of people I know absolutely nothing about either.

You seem to think that there's something worse about analysing something that many people are doing rather than one. Why is that?

Your analysis of me is wrong, as I pointed out. You are yet to point out why my assessment that it is irrational to buy a console specifically for GTS at this point in time is wrong. Keep trying though.

Like I've said several times, I'm not attacking these people. It's their money and they can do what they want. It is irrational though, with the exception of the case that @FPV MIC stated where the deal on the console is so good that your risk is substantially or entirely mitigated.

What is it that is wrong with pointing that out? It seems like an extension of the special snowflake mentality to me. Everyone is not a winner, and people should have it pointed out to them when what they're doing is sub-optimal or flat out wrong. Politely, but I think I've been reasonably polite about it.

People are welcome to keep doing it afterwards if they so wish, but if we don't share knowledge then nobody gets any smarter. We get people who think that dropping $400 on a box that does nothing is actually a good idea, instead of doing so because they know it's technically a bad idea but they really wanted to anyway. I've made purchases that were irrational, but the difference is that I don't try to justify them afterwards like they're objectively a good idea.

It's still irrational if you earn a trillion dollars a year, it's just a trivial drop in the Scrooge McDuck pool of money that you own.

Look again, I did not say once it was not irrational did I? I said what you do is just as irrational and argued the fact that there is an obvious end game to their motives. Massive difference their mate.

You didn't bother reading the thread where a person had described doing this exact thing shortly before I posted, did you?

These people exist.

Yet you labelled every one of these people with a blanket statement of "paying fan service" as if they're all doing it to support Sony and not because what they feel they are getting out of it. That's the problem here.

You seem to misunderstand this whole thing. Income doesn't change whether it's irrational. Motives don't change whether it's irrational. How much they would enjoy it doesn't change whether it's irrational.

Sigh. Once again, I never once said what they're doing is not irrational. I am pointing out the fact you cannot paint them all with the same brush based off absolutely no knowledge. Re-read it.

Yes, I did. But SMS didn't have no experience in the simulation market. They were fundamentally Blimey through a few name changes, and had GTR 2 under their belt.

Although even if they had no experience, there are a couple of differences. One is that if people had not supported pCARS, the final game wouldn't have existed. That's not the case with GTS.

The second is that the moment I paid money, I got a product that was playable. It was largely a janky hot lap simulator when I got into it, but I did have a product. Like when I got into the AC early access, I decided that I was happy spending that amount of money for the product that was on offer at the time, regardless of whether future development happened.

That's not the case here. People are paying money to set up for a product that doesn't yet exist. It is a gamble in a way that early access is not.

Wow. You really cannot see the similarity here? Really? :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I was there with you, but at least I see the similarities and realise what I did was a gamble with whatever amount of pounds I spent on it. No difference here.

You seem to think that there's something worse about analysing something that many people are doing rather than one. Why is that?

Because of the blanket statement I have pointed out many times, I mean, just look at it.

"Lol. People buying consoles for a game that is yet to be released is even worse fan service than pre-ordering.

Just give them your money and walk away."

It implies that every one who does this with the motive to appease Sony. You said you have one example of this right here, ask him, just like I questioned you about how I feel you are wasting your life talking about a product that has clearly let you down in the past and continues to disappoint with every drop of information. What I did not do is..

"Lol. People talking about their disappointment in a game that is yet to be released is more of a waste of time than watching paint dry.

Just don't give them your money and do something better with your time"

I addressed you and you personally for the answer instead of being ignorant and giving a blanket statement to cover every one of the people who feel they need to do this. I'm sure there are different reasons for everybody in spending time out of their life to post their problems and anger with the franchise.

What is it that is wrong with pointing that out?

Hopefully you see what's wrong with it now. I doubt it though.

Anyway, I have taken far too long out of my own life explaining this to you and I refuse to take any more to be honest. If you don't want to see all the similarities, fine. If you do see similarities but don't really see it as a problem to you personally, that's fine too!

But if in the future, you look at old Imari in the mirror and think "Where did the time go?" Think of here and now and me smiling back at you! :)

👍

Look again, I did not say once it was not irrational did I? I said what you do is just as irrational and argued the fact that there is an obvious end game to their motives. Massive difference their mate.

What difference does the end game make?

Yet you labelled every one of these people with a blanket statement of "paying fan service" as if they're all doing it to support Sony and not because what they feel they are getting out of it. That's the problem here.

What are they getting out of it? They're giving money to Sony and/or Polyphony.

Sigh. Once again, I never once said what they're doing is not irrational. I am pointing out the fact you cannot paint them all with the same brush based off absolutely no knowledge. Re-read it.

If they're all taking the same action, I can label that action however I like. I do not need to take their intentions into account if my label is not meant to do so.

Wow. You really cannot see the similarity here? Really? :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I was there with you, but at least I see the similarities and realise what I did was a gamble with whatever amount of pounds I spent on it. No difference here.

Don't gamble then.

I spent money on pCARS. I got a product, and I hoped that it improved.
Joe Random spent money on a PS4. He hoped that GTS would come out so that he would have something, anything, to do with his shiny block of plastic.

You know as well as I do the difference between a marginally functional product and a non-functional one. You, like many others in this thread, just argue for the sake of arguing.

Because of the blanket statement I have pointed out many times, I mean, just look at it.

"Lol. People buying consoles for a game that is yet to be released is even worse fan service than pre-ordering.

Just give them your money and walk away."

It implies that every one who does this with the motive to appease Sony.

My apologies that you see it that way. It was not intended to imply support of Sony, it was intended to imply unquestioning purchase of an item without regard for it's value. This sort of purchase is common amongst devotees of a franchise, hence why I used the term. But I can see how it might be perceived to have implications beyond those I intended.

I can see how you might have been confused, but I hope you now understand what was meant by what I said.

You said you have one example of this right here, ask him, just like I questioned you about how I feel you are wasting your life talking about a product that has clearly let you down in the past and continues to disappoint with every drop of information.

Hold up, big boy. That's exactly what I didn't say. How about you stop bragging about having listened to me answering your question and actually read what I wrote. It doesn't say what you

What I did not do is..

"Lol. People talking about their disappointment in a game that is yet to be released is more of a waste of time than watching paint dry.

Just don't give them your money and do something better with your time"

I addressed you and you personally for the answer instead of being ignorant and giving a blanket statement to cover every one of the people who feel they need to do this. I'm sure there are different reasons for everybody in spending time out of their life to post their problems and anger with the franchise.

Uh, you've made up a whole lot of stuff about me that is objectively not true. Pull the other one, mate. You don't get to take the high road after calling me bat 🤬 crazy for things that I haven't even done.

Hopefully you see what's wrong with it now. I doubt it though.

I understand at least what you think was wrong with it. Perhaps you'll also understand what I meant to say now that we've cleared up what the misinterpretation was.

...Hold on, isn't 2017 20th anniversary for the Japanese release of the OG GT?

I wonder if PDI are planning to act on that milestone... Or are they not gonna mention it, due to.... uh, circumstances??

They will but its delayed to 2018 so they get the party poppers right....

Just gonna dip my toe back in... 💡

Q. If when I bought my PS4, I considered it as a piece of art, and wanted to capture a piece of technology that represents the evolution of Sony's line of consoles... Would that still be considered irrational?
Let's also say for example that I have a long running collection of Gran Turismo products from decades past, and take opportunity and great pleasure to view my art, animated by combining both my collections as a perfect marriage to complement each other.

One could possibly argue that the purchase of the aforementioned console was indeed for GTS. Would this still be considered as irrational?

;)

Q. If when I bought my PS4, I considered it as a piece of art, and wanted to capture a piece of technology that represents the evolution of Sony's line of consoles... Would that still be considered irrational?

No, because then you're buying it as a piece of art and a piece of historically significant technology, and not for an non-existent piece of software.

I would say that you have a lot of spare money to buy a console purely as a piece of art, but people pay far more for art so on that scale it seems pretty cheap.

Back