Gran Turismo Sport to be Playable at 2017 Tokyo Auto Salon

I guess there is no alternative means to watch the stream other then Nico ones I see?
Here's hoping someone's gonna record the stream and post it on YT.

On another note, the Sunday stream is live right now.

EDIT: Thought i'd post this here as well.

Some low-res screenshots from the stream.

View attachment 620364 View attachment 620366
View attachment 620358 View attachment 620359 View attachment 620360 View attachment 620361 View attachment 620362 View attachment 620363
View attachment 620368 View attachment 620369

The stream consists of 4 races: R35 vs NSX, R35 vs R35 (female host vs Satoshi Motoyama), R35 GT3 vs 650S GT3 (Satoshi Motoyama vs guy in a GT jacket), and FT-1 GT3 vs GT-R GT3.

There are, of course, a few things worth highlighting:
  • Both the NSX and the GT-R sounded accurate, engine wise. (the entire race was shot from bumper cam)
  • The 650S GT3's engine sound (from the bumper cam) sounded almost like in Assetto Corsa. The car also has a unique exhaust crackle and flames coming out at almost every downshift.
  • The FT-1 GT3 revs up to 10,000rpm and sounded like it had a turbocharged superbike engine under the hood. Sounds nice though.
  • Gearbox whine in the GT3 cars still sound muffled.
  • A victory animation similiar to the final clip of the first trailer featuring the car that won the final race shows up after the race results.
  • Thought the track was lifeless? Wait until you see the pit lane. There's absolutely nothing aside from a number of tents.

Last edited:
They seriously couldn't release a beta? 1 car from each Group, the same three tracks we keep seeing and a play with the livery editor. That could have been a free download for PS4 owners.

Even a Tokyo Expressway demo with a couple cars and change of time option, One Make race option with full grid. Something. Anything.

They seriously couldn't release a beta? 1 car from each Group, the same three tracks we keep seeing and a play with the livery editor. That could have been a free download for PS4 owners.
Even a Tokyo Expressway demo with a couple cars and change of time option, One Make race option with full grid. Something. Anything.

It would have made the delay to "2017" a lot easier to accept considering they cancelled the demo/beta in 2016 (to make a 2016 release that never happened).

Honestly us ever believing they would, the people that charged for Prologue what like 39.99. We were foolish to ever expect such a greedy incompetent dev like PD to do anything fan friendly.

It would have made the delay to "2017" a lot easier to accept considering they cancelled the demo/beta in 2016 (to make a 2016 release that never happened).
It was also a blow that saw the GT Academy only playable at specific venues.

Of course, they don't owe is a thing, but as an online focused game, shame there's not a demo TT to play.

I guess there is no alternative means to watch the stream other then Nico ones I see?

Unfortunately I think that is the case and a premium subscription is needed.

I've looked for the stream somewhere else, couldn't find it.
Hopefully someone recorded it.

OT.....
All I can say is Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2 and NieR Automata. Dive in and you'll see Japan is very alive :D

Please throw out Yakuza because rubbish. Feel free to add Resi 7, Persona 5, Zelda and the new Mario to this list. Japan is alive and kicking.

Sorry guys I did not get to play. Am currently now transiting in Bangkok. The past few days have been extremely busy and very tiring so I did not check into this thread.

Saturday at the auto salon was madness with a massive massive crowd gathering early. They had a very long line to give out play tickets for gt vr and the tickets quickly finished up. :(

At least I got a GT sport sticker hahahahaha

I only played driveclub vr at another vendors booth. It was fun. But off topic I guess. Another off topic was I went to play zero latency vr biohazard in Joypolis, it was awesome.

Time to get to work once I'm back for auto salon (and other stuff) coverage

Last edited:
Lol. People buying consoles for a game that is yet to be released is even worse fan service than pre-ordering.

Just give them your money and walk away.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

But still, I'm considering it too :)

Lol. People buying consoles for a game that is yet to be released is even worse fan service than pre-ordering.

Just give them your money and walk away.
So what? It's their money and they want to buy it for a game they love! :) There's nothing wrong with that. It's posts like this in threads that don't seem at all welcoming to the GT fans. It's like it's somehow wrong to look forward to GTS and everyone must be negative to fit in.

I wasn't gonna say anything on this, but...

I'm one of those that would "buy a console, for one game". And it was pretty much the same with the PS3 and GT. I look at this a couple of ways,

1) if a Dev can sell consoles on the back of a single game, Kudos to that dev. 👍
2) I spent the best part of 5+ years playing 3 games (prologue, GT5 & GT6), and still turn the machine on to go back to them. I don't see that as a bad investment.
3) Even though I based my purchase of the console for one main game, I've had the benefit to also play more great games along the way.

What ever the reason, as long as people are enjoying and sharing that experience it enriches this platform we all visit. :cheers:

Just my thoughts.

I have bought consoles for only one game. I almost bought a PS4 last year, just for GTS. Adamant about it when GTS was announced. I skipped that with this delay stuff.

I changed my mind earlier this morning, because of PCars 2. A game I know will be coming out sooner than "Soon". I may even get GTA V, PCars 1 and AC.

Sure, that's what money is for. To buy whatever we want when we want. This is more than waiting to play someone's favorite franchise. It's more about, after 20years why don't they have their act together.

One does not simply buy a particular console for one particular game.

Why not? I don't judge folks that do it: I essentially did for Forza (though my XB1 now has PCARS, NFS, The Crew, and Burnout Paradise on it). In terms of enjoyment-per-dollar, I'd say it's easily earned its place in my entertainment console. Of course, as with most value judgements, YMMV.

What doesn't make sense to me, however, is buying a console for a game that isn't out yet, and then not using it. That's a weird one. My PS4 was purchased with the knowledge a GT game was coming... but there were plenty of other games I wanted to play while I waited.

And waited.

:guilty:

(I still have five games yet to be played on my PS4, by my count. Two are re-released Batman titles, while the others are NBA 2K16, MGS5, and GOW3 Remastered.)

Why not? I don't judge folks that do it: I essentially did for Forza (though my XB1 now has PCARS, NFS, The Crew, and Burnout Paradise on it). In terms of enjoyment-per-dollar, I'd say it's easily earned its place in my entertainment console. Of course, as with most value judgements, YMMV.

What doesn't make sense to me, however, is buying a console for a game that isn't out yet, and then not using it. That's a weird one. My PS4 was purchased with the knowledge a GT game was coming... but there were plenty of other games I wanted to play while I waited.

And waited.

:guilty:

(I still have five games yet to be played on my PS4, by my count. Two are re-released Batman titles, while the others are NBA 2K16, MGS5, and GOW3 Remastered.)
You're a true gamer

GOW3 was a great surprise. Have played it recently and it is ace! I bought my PS4 with Mad Max and soon after DRIVECLUB. Always been a more Sony focussed kind a guy but the longer I have to wait for GTS the more I get interested in other games. Still play Driveclub, tomorrow I start with Gravity Rush and in march NieR. I currently don't feel that GT will be a must buy for me for its gameplay but it will rather be a game I solely use for taking pictures so I think I pick it up when it is cheaper or on the second hand market. Also I am more intruiged by the new game of Codemasters and strangely enough pCARS2 as well.

When the Copper event launched GTS filled me with excitement and a positive vibe but they really have done all in their power to completely kill off that feeling inside me for now. We'll see how it turns out. Plenty of other stuff to play :D

Last edited:
So what? It's their money and they want to buy it for a game they love! :) There's nothing wrong with that. It's posts like this in threads that don't seem at all welcoming to the GT fans. It's like it's somehow wrong to look forward to GTS and everyone must be negative to fit in.

People can do whatever they like with their money. I'm just pointing out that it's totally irrational to spend several hundred dollars on hardware for a game that doesn't exist yet, has very little solid information about it and has no release date. Some people might call it pretty stupid, but I couldn't possibly comment.

latest

But you do you. If you want to fling money at Sony, go nuts. Which is what I believe I said in the first post.

People can do whatever they like with their money. I'm just pointing out that it's totally irrational to spend several hundred dollars on hardware for a game that doesn't exist yet, has very little solid information about it and has no release date. Some people might call it pretty stupid, but I couldn't possibly comment.

latest

But you do you. If you want to fling money at Sony, go nuts. Which is what I believe I said in the first post.
Well, your opinion is noted. However that's what it is, an opinion. Those who are buying a ps4 for GTS don't think it's irrational at all. I bought all my previous Playstation's just because I knew at least one GT game would be on it. I have not been let down by GT. This new one has a livery editor too. That was my main issue with gt6. New physics and new cars are a given so it's not irrational at all. It's actually a 'system seller'. Plus I get to play other games I might enjoy on top of having a bluray player.

Back