Gran Turismo Sport to be Playable at 2017 Tokyo Auto Salon

However that's what it is, an opinion.
Well, that's good I suppose, as it was never trying to be anything else from the looks of it.

Those who are buying a ps4 for GTS don't think it's irrational at all. I bought all my previous Playstation's just because I knew at least one GT game would be on it. I have not been let down by GT. This new one has a livery editor too. That was my main issue with gt6. New physics and new cars are a given so it's not irrational at all. It's actually a 'system seller'. Plus I get to play other games I might enjoy on top of having a bluray player.
I also bought an Xbox because of Forza, mainly. However, with one coming out every year, it's what gave me more of an incentive to jump in, as I can just purchase the last one and wait for a small amount of time before the next one comes out.

Back before we knew what we know now about the game, I was going to buy a PS4 just for GTS as well. However, I do think that it is irrational to have jumped in with absolutely nothing on the table, especially with an indefinite delay, so you can't really speak for all. Their track record also lent a hand in urging myself to wait a little longer. To some, it's not an issue, to others it is. What would have been even worse is if I had purchased all this on impulse, as well as ordered PS+ in anticipation. Already having an Xbox, two 60~ dollar year subscriptions can be a pain.

I don't have much interest in most of the other games on the table, so I would have been out of luck had I taken the route, early on. Rational thinking is what kept me from wasting money, and even helps me out in the long run as I can probably get the console at a cheaper rate now that I'm waiting.

Plus I get to play other games I might enjoy on top of having a bluray player.

Then you already have other incentives than playing that unique platform exclusive.:)👍 The point, as I understand it, is to make that specific purchase decision on the sole basis of anticipating that particular game, which if not irrational is at least particularly ill-advised. I mean people may have taken the decision to put a PS4 under their Christmas tree in anticipation of that early 2016 public beta; it's early 2017 and there is still no game at the horizon. In the meantime PS4 as a platform has been consequently upgraded and a PS4 Pro might have been a better option…

I don't think there is any kind of negativism in the advise that it is never a very good idea to make a purchase decision in anticipation of what the product will eventually offer in the future. Unless you have a secured withdrawal clause in your contract purchases should be made for what the product already does.

Last edited:
It's just a bad idea to pre-order/pre-purchase anything for the current generation of gaming. The more you do, the more devs will take advantage of the fact that they can get your money just by dangling piecemeal pre-order bonuses and glitzy trailers, only to ship a broken and unfinished game later on. From their point of view, they already got your money so who cares? From our point of view, the quality of games and the whole gaming community suffers.

Just don't do it people! You're not missing anything out by buying on Day 1 vs pre-ordering. It will still be the same game, I promise ;) The future of gaming will thank you later 👍

So you're not just buying it for GTS. So actually, none of what I said applies to you.

Enjoy using your console for other things while you wait for your game. That's rational. I don't see why you're taking offense when nothing I have said applies to you.
That's not what I said. I said that I bought a Playstation before because I knew that a GT game would be on it. I bought the ps4 for the same reason but I also get other things to do on it, plus other games. I am saying that it's not irrational for others to buy the system just for the GT games. If that's what they want to do then to them it's worth it. To me it's worth it not just because of GT, but the whole package. But I predominantly buy Playstation because of GT and have done so since I first tried GT1.

I'm sure the people who imported PSPs in 2004 solely for GT4: Mobile are happy someone is looking out for them.

Last edited:
I'm sure the people who imported PSPs in 2004 solely for GT4: Mobile are happy someone is looking out for them.

I'm still feeling jilted for never getting a GT on Vita. I mean, I didn't buy a Vita exclusively with GT in mind, but it was always something I looked forward to. Never thought it was a given, but I assumed the chances were pretty high. I'd love to get my hands on whatever tech demo/prototype Polyphony probably has gathering dust in their offices.

I'm still feeling jilted for never getting a GT on Vita. I mean, I didn't buy a Vita exclusively with GT in mind, but it was always something I looked forward to. Never thought it was a given, but I assumed the chances were pretty high. I'd love to get my hands on whatever tech demo/prototype Polyphony probably has gathering dust in their offices.
I was waiting for that. Thought there was a digital GTPSP for Vita.

GT mobile would have been a good thing had they carried it forward. Tablets, lap tops, desk tops. Our phones could be used as controllers w/gauges/lap times etc, while we play on tablets. Whatever.

Endless possibilities.

I was waiting for that. Thought there was a digital GTPSP for Vita.

GT mobile would have been a good thing had they carried it forward. Tablets, lap tops, desk tops. Our phones could be used as controllers w/gauges/lap times etc, while we play on tablets. Whatever.

Endless possibilities.
Missed opportunity, I guess...

So you're not just buying it for GTS. So actually, none of what I said applies to you.

That's not what I said.

To me it's worth it not just because of GT, but the whole package..

Do you often find yourself disagreeing with people just for the sake of it? What I said was perfectly accurate, which you clarified even after saying that it was wrong.

Do you often find yourself disagreeing with people just for the sake of it? What I said was perfectly accurate, which you clarified even after saying that it was wrong.
You're lost. My original comment wasn't me saying "I bought a ps4 just for gtsport". But I did say it's not irrational for someone to do that though, because that's what they want and to them it's worth it. You only stated an opinion, which is fine, but you don't speak for everyone so maybe you should think about how others feel about their purchases instead of painting everyone in the same picture.

In all honesty I think it's kinda silly that people have to explain to what their comment meant. Or have to justify why they disagree with something you say. It seems like you're taking things to heart but I only said what I did because when I bought a ps2, it was clear to me that I bought it for gt3 originally and felt like that was justified. But I did end up getting metal gear solid, gt4 etc. So technically it wasn't just for one game.

Except that just because someone has a want to do something, it doesn't exclude it from ever being irrational. I drank on Sunday and felt like crap for work on Monday, I don't do that often but I did it willingly because I wanted to for a brothers birthday, still doesn't make it a rational idea :lol:
but you don't speak for everyone so maybe you should think about how others feel about their purchases instead of painting everyone in the same picture.
I gotta say, the only one that seems to be trying to do that is you. It's a bit ironic that you would jump on it like that.

In all honesty I think it's kinda silly that people have to explain to what their comment meant. Or have to justify why they disagree with something you say
Probably because we are all having a discussion, in a forum, with other people? Why put yourself into the subject matter if you have no intention to discuss, or if you'll just get offended when someone asks?

But I did end up getting metal gear solid, gt4 etc. So technically it wasn't just for one game.
Which has been pointed out that his statement wasn't for you then.

Except that just because someone has a want to do something, it doesn't exclude it from ever being irrational. I drank on Sunday and felt like crap for work on Monday, I don't do that often but I did it willingly because I wanted to for a brothers birthday, still doesn't make it a rational idea :lol:
Not a very good analogy, but ok... :cheers:

I gotta say, the only one that seems to be trying to do that is you. It's a bit ironic that you would jump on it like that.
Right, because I was the guy who said buying a system for a game is irrational. :rolleyes: Too often people don't call out the one sidedness (I don't think that's a real word), including myself. But I can relate to the people who think a single game is worth a console purchase. That's why I "jumped on it".

Probably because we are all having a discussion, in a forum, with other people? Why put yourself into the subject matter if you have no intention to discuss, or if you'll just get offended when someone asks?
Says the guy who jumped in another's conversation. ;) If I was the one offended, why is it that you decided to jump in? Were you offended by what I said? On the other point, it doesn't matter if it's a forum, people have differing views and opinions. You realize that, yet you argue against me. That's not a discussion. It seems like you just wanted to have your say, even though you have no reason to disagree with me on opinions.

Which has been pointed out that his statement wasn't for you then.
That's great, really. But I already explained why I replied. I understand the position of buying a console for a game because when GT3 came out, I was all about getting a ps2 just for it. So that used to be me for a period of time.

I will only say if GTS turns out to be a game you can enjoy daily or however often you may play it for as long as you play it, then I think people are going to feel like it is a rational decision.

I understand the position of buying a console for a game because when GT3 came out, I was all about getting a ps2 just for it. So that used to be me for a period of time.

Do you see how it isn't you yet?

GTS isn't out. GTS hasn't even got a release date. It has a release year, but most people seem to be of the opinion that even that is a bit shaky at this point.

Shall I quote myself again so that you can see it for yourself?

Lol. People buying consoles for a game that is yet to be released is even worse fan service than pre-ordering.

Just give them your money and walk away.

I'm not talking about you. I've never been talking about you. You have never been in that position. You bought a PS2 after GT3 came out and there was reasonable evidence that this would be a game that you would love. You know, like a normal person.

I will only say if GTS turns out to be a game you can enjoy daily or however often you may play it for as long as you play it, then I think people are going to feel like it is a rational decision.

They will. And buying a PS4 if GTS turns out to be a game that they can enjoy daily would be totally rational, if a little expensive. But some people have the money to spare.

Buying hardware in the hope that a game that you know next to nothing about with no solid release date is and remains irrational. You are yet to voice a single sensible argument why that is incorrect, other than "nuh uh".

The fact that you can't even see that you haven't been in that position yourself is somewhat startling, but I guess verifies @Tornado point above. You do indeed disagree simply for the sake of it.

GT Sport is the only reason I haven't brought a PS4 Pro yet.

Hopefully Sony will have a PS4 Pro/GT Sport themed "special edition" console.

Buying a console solely for a game, any game, that doesn't yet exist will never make any logical sense. You're buying something you're not going to use and by the time you do, you undoubtedly could've got a better deal. That is if you even decide you definitely want the game at all once you know all about it. Pretty sure that's what @Imari is getting at, not any other circumstances.

Even if you do plan to get a console for just one game, it makes no sense to do it until you know nearly everything about the game, that you definitely want it, and its release is imminent. Unless you're just rolling in money, I guess.

This thread desperately needs some GTS news, pics, vids, anything, to talk about... :rolleyes:

Has anyone found any video footage from TAS?

We've needed that most of the past six months to be honest, but this is nothing new for GT & PD. There was TAS footage but it was pretty much same old same old.

Not a very good analogy, but ok... :cheers:
How so? I wanted to, and chose to do something that wouldn't be very helpful to my future. Because I wanted to doesn't make it any more rational or logical. Its in the exact same vein.
Right, because I was the guy who said buying a system for a game is irrational. :rolleyes: Too often people don't call out the one sidedness (I don't think that's a real word), including myself. But I can relate to the people who think a single game is worth a console purchase. That's why I "jumped on it
No, youre the guy who is using his opinion to try to speak for all ps4 users while simultaneously telling someone that their opinion doesn't speak for all ps4 users. Ironic, or hypocrite, take your choice.
Says the guy who jumped in another's conversation. ;) If I was the one offended, why is it that you decided to jump in? Were you offended by what I said? On the other point, it doesn't matter if it's a forum, people have differing views and opinions. You realize that, yet you argue against me. That's not a discussion. It seems like you just wanted to have your say, even though you have no reason to disagree with me on opinions
Didn't you start your post by jumping into a conversation? Everyone here did, so I'm not sure what your point is but you seem to have a lot of double standards.

It was a general statement, Not you directly. It in fact does matter that it's a forum, it's exactly the reason we're all here. Having differing views, expressing them, discussing(arguing) is all fine, just because you don't like the tone of the discussion, and can't seem to follow it, doesn't mean it's not a discussion. What exactly is the problem with discussing peoples differing views?

I've posted why I disagree, but it makes sense that you didn't notice it considering you start your posting with disagreeing with someone and then finish it by basically saying that you agree.

Last edited:
This thread is pretty much dead. The General Discussion and Master Car List need info.

New car info should have been revealed, at the very least. About 20 Scapes, FIA update and more techno babble fodder should be on our screens. Might not happen for a couple more months.

I said most of what I have to say, but for clarification, I think people are allowed to do what they want with their own money and buy a console for a single game, even if the game isn't out yet, if that's what they desire.

What's sad and I don't know why, but some want to say "it's irrational" and "it makes no sense". To them, that's that! :lol: It's as if they're the final word on the matter. Maybe it is to certain people here who are stuck believing only their opinion counts.

It's easy to see why people don't try to argue for their own or someone else's 'unpopular' point of view. Because you get the same crowd each time twisting up the words from the original statement, a lack of or an unwillingness to accept another opinion, bad comprehension, understanding or just plain ignorance to the things you are trying to say. Then when you explain or try to clarify what it is you were saying, or stand by your views you get more of the same "I'm right you're wrong, your opinion is null" crap.

Before anyone says something like I'm being a cheerleader for the little guy or fishing for likes, I'd just like to say that I am not disagreeing with popular opinion for the hell of it, but because I understand. More people here need a voice. If what you feel isn't conforming with the norm, you shouldn't be shunned for having that opinion. Build up your fellow man, don't tear him down.

Buying hardware in the hope that a game that you know next to nothing about with no solid release date is and remains irrational. You are yet to voice a single sensible argument why that is incorrect, other than "nuh uh".
It seems as if you are stating this as more than opinion but as fact, and if so do you have any proof that it's irrational?

It could be argued that quite a bit is known about GT Sport for starters (http://www.gran-turismo.com/au/products/gtsport/), and ''soon'' might be enough of a release date for anyone that only wants that one particular game for whatever reason they might have. Maybe they don't like the more hardcore sims, or maybe they just like fooling around in Photo Mode, who knows. There could be many reasons why they only want this one game. Then maybe his loaded best mate just bought a PS4 Pro and offers to sell his old, in perfect working order PS4 to said person for twenty bucks. This person has twenty bucks and room under his bed to store it until ''soon'' arrives and he can buy his one and only game he wants, GT Sport being that game.

Under those circumstances, wouldn't it be irrational/illogical for him to not buy the hardware in advance at that bargain basement price? Lot's of maybe's, but hey, anythings possible and stranger things happen:)

Last edited:
I said most of what I have to say, but for clarification, I think people are allowed to do what they want with their own money...

You point me out to where I said that they weren't allowed to or anything even remotely similar.

What's sad and I don't know why, but some want to say "it's irrational" and "it makes no sense".

I didn't say it makes no sense either. It makes perfect sense. It's still irrational.

It's as if they're the final word on the matter. Maybe it is to certain people here who are stuck believing only their opinion counts.

Nope. I'm perfectly willing to discuss it if anyone can explain why I'm wrong.

"People can do what they want with their money" is not a counterargument to it being irrational.

It's easy to see why people don't try to argue for their own or someone else's 'unpopular' point of view.

Because you're unable to come up with any rational response.

Then when you explain or try to clarify what it is you were saying, or stand by your views you get more of the same "I'm right you're wrong, your opinion is null" crap.

I have not said I'm right you're wrong either. I have pointed out that you're not even in the conversation as long as you can't put together a coherent counterpoint.

...I'd just like to say that I am not disagreeing with popular opinion for the hell of it...

Isn't lying against the AUP?

More people here need a voice. If what you feel isn't conforming with the norm, you shouldn't be shunned for having that opinion. Build up your fellow man, don't tear him down.

Who's being shunned? You're not. I don't see anyone else either. I have an opinion. Anyone who wants to discuss it can do so reasonably.

You're the one trying to shut discussion down. If you think I'm wrong, explain why.

It seems as if you are stating this as more than opinion but as fact, and if so do you have any proof that it's irrational?

Spending money on a useless object is irrational.
A console with no games is a useless object if you have no intention of using it's other features.
So if a person only intends to play a single game, it is irrational to buy a console when that game doesn't exist yet.

It's the same principle as buying a console when you don't have a screen or TV. You have no use for this object without a screen. At the very least, wait until you have a TV before buying a console.

I think very few people would argue with that statement outside of edge cases like you outline below where the hardware is such a bargain that you would be a moron not to at least buy it and flip it on eBay.

It could be argued that quite a bit is known about GT Sport for starters (http://www.gran-turismo.com/au/products/gtsport/), and ''soon'' might be enough of a release date for anyone that only wants that one particular game for whatever reason they might have. Maybe they don't like the more hardcore sims, or maybe they just like fooling around in Photo Mode, who knows. There could be many reasons why they only want this one game.

Just wanting a single game is not enough to make it rational. The game may never release, or may release in a significantly changed form.

Then maybe his loaded best mate just bought a PS4 Pro and offers to sell his old, in perfect working order PS4 to said person for twenty bucks. This person has twenty bucks and room under his bed to store it until ''soon'' arrives and he can buy his one and only game he wants, GT Sport being that game.

Under those circumstances, wouldn't it be irrational/illogical for him to not buy the hardware in advance at that bargain basement price? Lot's of maybe's, but hey, anythings possible and stranger things happen:)

I will admit that in cases such as this it would make sense. If you reduce the cost low enough then the risk to reward becomes favourable, or at least acceptable. If only because even if the worst happens and GTS never comes out, they can still flip the console for the same money or a profit.

You will basically never make a loss in that situation, and so it makes sense purely from an investment standpoint without even considering using the object.

I would argue that such circumstances are few, and that the situation for most is that they will be at best buying the console at a sale and that it's value will decrease the moment they purchase it. That's what I had in mind when I made the original statement, but there are certainly some situations in which it might make sense to buy hardware simply based on it being staggeringly underpriced.

Although at that point I'm not sure it's really the same situation that's being discussed. Even a non-gamer could make that decision rationally.

@Imari They can simply buy a ps4pro to be get ready. like when you mount a project, you don't purchase all at once. and how do you know people who purchase it early, don't use the other functionnality ? when the first power up, you re directed to the creation of the PSN account and Ps store, so high chance they will play some demo
All of this it s about intention, like you buy a ticket for a concert, your ticket is useless until the event, so same here, they love GT so why not ?

@Imari They can simply buy a ps4pro to be get ready. like when you mount a project, you don't purchase all at once. and how do you know people who purchase it early, don't use the other functionnality ? when the first power up, you re directed to the creation of the PSN account and Ps store, so high chance they will play some demo
All of this it s about intention, like you buy a ticket for a concert, your ticket is useless until the event, so same here, they love GT so why not ?
If a person buys a ticket, the performance has a confirmed date. Now if the performance is cancelled, rain check or money back. I don't know.

People that bought a PS4 once the November date was confirmed, are just- in their purchase of the console just for the game. Not their fault the game was delayed. Now, buying the console, to sit in the box until "Coming 2017", is a bit irrational. If prices are dropping because of the Pro, that's something else.

Buying the console no matter price or other features it has, to solely buy GTS, is a bit irrational. Like I mentioned, I was going to buy the console specifically for GTS. I changed my mind because it was irrational due to the uncertainty of when the game drops.

If a person buys a ticket, the performance has a confirmed date. Now if the performance is cancelled, rain check or money back. I don't know.

People that bought a PS4 once the November date was confirmed, are just- in their purchase of the console just for the game. Not their fault the game was delayed. Now, buying the console, to sit in the box until "Coming 2017", is a bit irrational. If prices are dropping because of the Pro, that's something else.

Buying the console no matter price or other features it has, to solely buy GTS, is a bit irrational. Like I mentioned, I was going to buy the console specifically for GTS. I changed my mind because it was irrational due to the uncertainty of when the game drops.
Still you do nothing with your ticket. it s not like GTS will be cancelled
2017 is within one year, or having a december date remain the same thing. unless you arent very busy with daily occupation, so yeah
We don't talk about pro and con here
Why buy a unique product is irrational ?
You buy a wheel for a unique genre, so is it irrational for a gamer in general ?
You buy a racing car for circuit only, is it irrational ?
If the person have the meaning of his purchase, then it s fine for him, don't need to call what is irrational what you don't understand or fit for you

Last edited:
Read what was actually said before attempting reeducation.
I don't need your education, i dont talk to you
I replied well what he was said in the last post, i don't spend my life here to read all the comment like you, and i don't quote his full post because i answer to one part so stop doing your police man
And if having a different opinion, is a education for you, i understand why you re boring to discuss with

Last edited:
I replied well what he was say in the last post
You didn't even read that much. The conversation was about people who buy a PS4 because a GT game is eventually coming in some form, then leave the thing in the box until the game comes out until then. It has also been reiterated multiple times that that is what the conversation is about by multiple people; and people do do this and have talked about doing so for this game as well as past GT games. When GT PSP was first announced and shown off in 2004, there were people on this forum who went so far as to import PSPs so they could get one sooner so they could proceed to not use it whatsoever because they only bought it for when the Gran Turismo game came out. That worked out great for them in the end, didn't it?

So when you wander in the thread to say "well maybe they will use it in some other way in the meantime", the only actual response to you is that you should read what was actually said before attempting reeducation.

Last edited:
Back