Gran Turismo Sport Update Coming February 6

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Feb 6, 2019.

1. CinnamonOD

CinnamonOD

Takes a big effort to bring such an old talking point

Sadly for you, they do

LackLucid likes this.
  2. O604

O604

For anyone complaining about no rain, please try this simple life hack.

Buy a spray bottle, fill it with water, spray your TV and face before each race. It will feel like real rain.

And please record video and upload it so we all can see how well it works. :tup:

[​IMG]

Qyn, Muller_cj, kalakanto and 35 others like this.
  3. dimassa19

dimassa19

"DLC" paid? No, thanks... :lol:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  4. OJT6627

OJT6627

Absolute lack of underbody downforce, for instance. Ferrari Enzo, for example, handles like **** because of the lack of said downforce.

Dave Beerman likes this.
  5. ynot

ynot

I disagree that the PS4 can't handle variable time and weather. Driveclub and PCARS do it well. And look and Red Dead Remeption 2. Handles it beautify.

6. PorscheHD

PorscheHD

All 30fps games ;)

Edit: PCs not but graphics whise not GTSport

7. Leggacy

Leggacy

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that bug

8. George Jakob

George Jakob

Well yes because many of these cars have very minor differences or not at all in many cases so saying GT6 had 1000+ cars is simply false.

But he said "as long as its not physics update we really really don't need it " so did i miss something :confused:

I counted 374 duplicates this number includes
    Regional versions of the same cars , cars with multiple livery's (NASCAR Super GT etc) anniversary edition chrome line and base models , useless trims that have nothing to offer in turms of gameplay (For example Nissan GT-R N1 (R33) the descreption says this car is equiped with brembo brakes and has better cooling but braking is not different from the regular R33's and cooling dosen't matter in GT so... and trims that are infirior (for example Chevrolet Corvette C7 prototype) .

See my responce above.
    EDIT @Leggacy You are lucky then ;)

9. Sage Ages

Sage Ages

I don't know about the stock cars, but the Super GT cars do handle differently.

Some people like options.

Gerarghini likes this.
  10. bunta_fuji

bunta_fuji (Banned)

It can handle variable time condition (even the ps3 was capable of this lol) but you have to keep in mind that Driveclub runs at 30fps while project cars which doesn't even have the visual quality of GTS still can't mantain locked 60fps in rainy conditions (i remember that gt5/6 which they have had the same problem received quite ****sorm)

ProjectF likes this.
  11. George Jakob

George Jakob

Yes Super GT cars handle differently but not all of them , come one seriously? "some people like to have options" ?? yea because the midnight purple GT-R's were so important ... its not like you could use that colour in GT Auto oh wait...

12. 05XR8

05XR8

The updates, are more like buying a car and getting "software" updates for your BCM and TCM.

Also, 1000 cars in GT6 is not false. If a car manufacturer makes 50 of the same car, are those 50 cars or duplicates?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  13. Sage Ages

Sage Ages

Stuff like the Midnight Purple R34 and the T.M.E. Evo without the stripe could've probably been condensed into other models. Otherwise, my point still stands.

14. GiuliettaQV82

GiuliettaQV82

In my opinion in a global racing game for online championships supported by FIA its a shame rain isnt in it....for all the love I have for PD and the entire franchise. Building a game for a console its a work of compromises, I think they didn’t on it.

15. Marc30599

Marc30599

Well hopefully they make a positive adjustments to payouts lol

16. Obelisk

Obelisk Premium

It has 1,000+ cars. No one said they all had to be different. In the spirit and in the literal definition of the expression, the game has over a thousand cars.

CinnamonOD, Marcobzzcs, 05XR8 and 4 others like this.
  17. PaMu1337

PaMu1337

Depending on your tv, it might even introduce some very realistic smoke effects.

Doomotron, VXR, Marcobzzcs and 7 others like this.
  18. George Jakob

George Jakob

Fair enough.

Obelisk likes this.
  19. jhietter

jhietter

Drive club runs at 30 frames per second, meaning they have less to process.

20. ghostrider135

ghostrider135 Premium

HAHAHAHA yeah we all wish but that will never happen.

Marc30599 likes this.
  21. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

I would think logically that they eventually stop tweaking the physics if they feel that each iteration makes it more accurate - especially if they're to ever reintroduce tuning into sport mode.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2019
    Marc30599 likes this.
  22. ynot

ynot

But there is already rain in GT Sport

kembro likes this.
  23. RZQSPEED

RZQSPEED

But only in the Northern Isle Festival 3 in the Mission Challenges...

SDSPOWER01 likes this.
  24. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

They should reintroduce the different trim levels, but not as seperate models. For example, you select the Nissan GT-R R34 in the dealer and you can choose between the Spec Nur, Midnight Purple Edition, V Spec or the original '99 spec car.

25. PSDazmaniac

PSDazmaniac

That it does, but it still looks great, has far greater draw distances than GTS and has dynamic weather and day/night transitions. I'd gladly take locked at 30FPS if GTS had the same.

Muller_cj, Gamrac and Dairyworker like this.
  26. GTV0819

GTV0819

They have variety of one car in the game i.e. racing car GT-Rs with different liveries/team like Calsonic Impul and Xanavi Nismo, etc.

27. GT_Alex74

GT_Alex74

I tested all road cars in GT6, and counted 793 single different cars. Cars of the same model but with variations that would influence any of the figures or get a noticeable change in handling due to hidden parameters were counted as unique. For the NA MX-5s, I grouped them in 4 different groups that had the same characteristics, each group performing slightly differently, plus 3 other unique variations with different performances.

StealthVel, sirjim73 and DrifterJoe like this.
  28. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

Yep. Literally the bare minimum for anyone to claim wet weather as a feature.

29. TomBrady

TomBrady

They need to fix the issue with the microtransactions in NA on the latest cars.

30. MrRaahzeel

MrRaahzeel

So do you think guys we will have some new cars today ?