Gran Turismo Sport's Final Official Series - Road to Gran Turismo 7 - Starts February 5

• Thread starter Famine
  • 252 comments
I tried the E30 too but couldn't get it under :25
Yeah, having a rethink for that European car. Got the Asia-Pacific XD for the first slot and will run the Americas Shelby for the last. The 250 Berlinetta was good for mid 21s or might use the E46 for that second slot.

In Custom race(stating 20th each race, of course), the Demio XD was good for 9 laps. Finished P3 when fuel saving. Going flat out, the tyres wear quickly. Pitted Lap 6, with 2.7 laps in the tank. Put fresh tyres and added 2 laps of fuel. Finished 5th, after battling a 993 for the remaining Laps.
Also tried the Atenza XD and didn’t need to add fuel. Finishing 3rd, as the RX500 doesn’t stop.

I’m about to try the Shelby, 250 and E46. Oddly enough, the Pole AI X-bow, always pits Lap 8 with 4%. The RX500 starts down in 13th and is the only AI that doesn’t pit. Grabs P2 each of my races.

Wish PD would lock out the N400 and above.

Regarding the back to front settings shown in the videos,didnt GTsport sort them out eventually?
Nope, it still works. Just try it out yourself. Get the Civic, max power, comfort tyres. Try driving with low front, high rear at Tsukuba and feel how much understeer you have in the final corner. Then reverse the ride height and let us know what you think ;)
Can someone explain this whole “PP” thing to me?
Back in GT5P-GT6 we have PP instead of the N class system. In addition to power/weight, it also takes into account other things into car performance like aero, weight distribution and how modern the car is (newer cars have better brakes, suspension and wider tyres so will naturally have better handling than older cars with same P2W ratio for example). It's not perfect and there are still meta cars (Chaparral 2J says hi), but it's a lot better than the current catch-all N class system.

Last edited:
Top times are all with the GT40. I was trying some N300 cars and was in the 2:23 to 2:26 range. Then I tried what apparently will be the meta car (GT40) and after three laps I was into the 2:16s. Top ten times are 13s and 14s but it's still early. The only tuning I did for testing was setting transmission top speed to 250km/hr, TC 0 and BB 0.

Last edited:
Looking forward to see what the GT7 victory music will sound like. I always loved the ones from GT5.
One of the reasons why GT5's OST was so great. I looked them up couple days ago because I remembered them sounding a lot like Hanz Zimmer's Days of Thunder OST... wow, it's similar. Sounds fantastic though.

vs

Last edited:
Wow! Way similar. One of my favorite movies btw. Such good casting. Big actors in their prime, rising stars, and many actors before they got big were in this. Same thing with boogie nights

Wow! Way similar. One of my favorite movies btw. Such good casting. Big actors in their prime, rising stars, and many actors before they got big were in this. Same thing with boogie nights
Watching the 4k remaster on a living room TV is an experience, looks unbelievable. Highly recommend it.

Looks like this championship could be fun, since I enjoy tuning. Just download a 'meta' tune as a baseline, and adjust it to your needs from there. Before tuning, I try to get a great lap without tuning first.

But I stick by my words, and take a break from sport mode, rally stages are calling until GT7. I am hoping for clean and fun races for all of you who enter this Road to GT7 championship 😇

I hope GT7 has a separate tuning daily race. At least I hope for seasonal events to come back. Why not both? 🤔 Manufacturer series needs to have open tuning, some races are just horrendous with certain cars.

I know what I mean, I would have probably benefitted from having a tune for gr3 Citroen at Tsukuba or Brands Hatch manufacturers, especially Brands Hatch manufacturer race was an absolute nightmare, made me question my driving skills even. When in reality it was a result of many different things going wrong. At least I discovered that narrow and technical tracks are my weak point with MR. But tracks like Spa, Monza, Tokyo, St Croix, more open race tracks, that is where the strength lies with MR, with my driving.

I wouldn’t even bother racing with stock setups. Tuning makes a massive difference in GT. Without it, chances are you’ll find yourself several seconds off pace, and may even getting lapped. At that point, it’s just a futile waste of time.

I wouldn’t even bother racing with stock setups. Tuning makes a massive difference in GT. Without it, chances are you’ll find yourself several seconds off pace, and may even getting lapped. At that point, it’s just a futile waste of time.
You wouldn’t, but I said it depends what level you’re at. A couple past races I didn’t tune, like the FT1500 at St Croix(?) And I think a Gr.3 race. Of course I didn’t win in the A/S room, but I wasn’t lapped or last either.

Some tune and still can’t drive versus someone that has skill with a stock set up. Again, it can be so broad, it depends what skill level.

Stupid question, but at least it's quick: has anyone else managed to get their Michelin Tyre stickers stay on their cars using this event's free practice? I'm having no luck thus far, not sure if I'm doing something wrong. REALLY don't want to participate in the actual race just for tyre stickers.

Stupid question, but at least it's quick: has anyone else managed to get their Michelin Tyre stickers stay on their cars using this event's free practice? I'm having no luck thus far, not sure if I'm doing something wrong. REALLY don't want to participate in the actual race just for tyre stickers.
Make sure to jump in car settings before you exit the track.

Last edited:
Top times are all with the GT40. I was trying some N300 cars and was in the 2:23 to 2:26 range. Then I tried what apparently will be the meta car (GT40) and after three laps I was into the 2:16s. Top ten times are 13s and 14s but it's still early. The only tuning I did for testing was setting transmission top speed to 250km/hr, TC 0 and BB 0.
Forgive newbie question. How did you get GT40 to be N300?

Forgive newbie question. How did you get GT40 to be N300?
Turn the power down to between 246hp and 344hp. I don't recall, but you might need to spend Mileage Points on the Power adjuster to be able to do that.

The number in the N classes just means the engine power rounded to the nearest 100 junk "metric" horsepower ("PS", which is an awful unit and not metric in any way). N300 cars are therefore 250-349PS, which is equivalent to 246-344hp.

Since these are probably the last four championship races in GT Sport I'm going to be driving whatever I like. I'm ready for Tokyo in my favourite N300 car:

20220201221056.jpg

20220201221105.jpg

I gather this is going to be something of a fuel race. Now, does anyone have a tune for this thing?

Straight up missed both slots. :lol: Was watching Janet Jackson and started watching Peacemaker. Totally forgot. We’ll see if I don’t get booted from the 21:00 slot.

Edit: A+/A room. Finished 19. An XNR had quit on Lap 2. At least there were no default number plates.
37685977-D449-434F-A621-0FEF9E22AE2F.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure if discussion should stay in the FIA race thread or transfer here, but I just wanna say it seems the only viable options for this first race are the GT40 and the RX500. I had a sub-2:14 tune for the F50 but it consumes way too much fuel in comparison. RX500 is faster than the GT40 on the straights, noticeably so. Could mean lifting earlier is an option. Kinda unexpected of the V8 to be so fuel-efficient.

I think it's another example of PD not understanding their player base.

If they wanted to spice up the final season for a send off they should've had a season of longer races - or different car/track selections. Because most sport mode players don't like tuning, including the players who are capable of winning championships.

Not sure if discussion should stay in the FIA race thread or transfer here, but I just wanna say it seems the only viable options for this first race are the GT40 and the RX500. I had a sub-2:14 tune for the F50 but it consumes way too much fuel in comparison. RX500 is faster than the GT40 on the straights, noticeably so. Could mean lifting earlier is an option. Kinda unexpected of the V8 to be so fuel-efficient.
I actually don't know the answer to this, but is fuel efficiency a factor? Or does the GT40 have a bigger tank? It was built for LeMans type enduance in mind.

I tried different cars and cars you would think were fuel efficent aren't. Which made me feel the size of the tank made more of a difference than the efficiency.

I actually don't know the answer to this, but is fuel efficiency a factor? Or does the GT40 have a bigger tank? It was built for LeMans type enduance in mind.

I tried different cars and cars you would think were fuel efficent aren't. Which made me feel the size of the tank made more of a difference than the efficiency.
Afaik every car has the same fuel tank, but i've never really paid attention if they're different, I guess the only way to find out for sure would be to compare refueling speeds between different cars with a specified refueling speed in the race. When you look at race details there's pit info and the refueling speed seems to usually be 7 litre/second.

But yeah, I just took the RX500 against a full field of GT40's (and @GOTMAXPOWER 's Raptor :lol:) and came out with better fuel efficiency than all of them. Might be due to the fact the RX500 is faster than the GT40s on the straights, so I'm able to lift sooner as well...it's also lighter...I dunno, lotta factors at play, can't say for sure.

But yeah, I just took the RX500 against a full field of GT40's (and @GOTMAXPOWER 's Raptor :lol:) and came out with better fuel efficiency than all of them. Might be due to the fact the RX500 is faster than the GT40s on the straights, so I'm able to lift sooner as well...it's also lighter...I dunno, lotta factors at play, can't say for sure.
I read that the Ford was OP... 🤷‍♂️

Wow first lap was just chaos.
Qualified P9. Mostly GT40's and 1 RX500 and 2 S-FR's.
Immediately the two in front went deep into turn 1 so I went under them. Then braking into the dock the field behind swarms into the pack ahead. I get hit but not badly. I loose a place or two. Then I pick up a pen through the next corners. Not even aware I cut. Again people are trying to go 2, 3 or 4 wide through the tunnel and the kinks. One car already looks worse for wear and I'm sure my car is smaller from being hit so often. The hairpin is again chaos. I come out of it in 14th. I glance the last corner picking up a further 1.5 seconds. So I drop 3 seconds at the penalty. I'm now behind one of the S-FR's and the German initially blocks. But my grunt out of the corners soon shows. However they dive everytime I pass with their better brakes. This cat and mouse goes on for a lap or two until I get my gap finally. I gain places until lap 6 when I suddenly realise I had better pit. Then I am extremely stupid and change tyres when they could go the whole race. My fuel seems better than the person I was battling with by 10 litres! (Did they do the whole lap in 1st?) I come out in a gap and reel in the guys ahead a little. But that's where is stays and I cross the line P11.
20220205_143933.jpg

Back