Gran Turismo Through the years....

  • Thread starter Thread starter SPEEDSTER SAM
  • 28 comments
  • 1,374 views
Yeah I know...I played GT1 like a week ago and bdwwaaa!!! :yuck:, it was all blocks! and the handling was ridicuolous, of course I unserstand that back in the day, that game was the it!.

Nice improvement though.


Ciao....
 
I onestly dont think that its that bad.
GT1 and 2 rock. and GT2 is teh pwn.
 
SPEEDSTER SAM
there is a big difference between 2 and 3 isnt there

Yes. The graphical difference between GT2 and GT3 is the biggest in the series (and will probably remain so). Obviously GT5 will look better than GT4, but it can't be a bigger step than GT2 to GT3.
 
amp88
Yes. The graphical difference between GT2 and GT3 is the biggest in the series (and will probably remain so). Obviously GT5 will look better than GT4, but it can't be a bigger step than GT2 to GT3.

Yup 👍. Just think about it as ps1 Vs. PS2. :rolleyes:


Ciao...
 
sometimes looking at those old graphics makes my brain hurt. not really but i am too spoiled with GT4 graphics. two or more years down the road we will all think GT4 looks like crap!
 
Ahh, memories...I never realized it was the big of a difference between GT1 and GT2.

And I agree, GT2 is the still the best in the series. 👍
 
Wow. Pretty cool that we've made those graphics to GT4 in less than 10 years. I'm so stupid for not getting GT2, I have to get it. :ouch:
 
And yet, my old man seems to think that GT1 has the best graphics out! That probably because he only HAS GT1
 
2 and 3 made a huge jump. 5 might even do the same with four.
 
To me, GT4 is being used as the base for GT5. there is going to be over 20 cars be race per track NO MATTER what type of race you are doing, even rally races. I've seen a trailer of the game. So, obviously GT5 is going to be better than GT1-4, it's common sense. The PS3 is going to have a bigger hardrive with more memory, etc. Worth all $700 US

Here's hoping to damage :cheers:
 
20 car rallys? All at the same time, or starting 10 seconds seperate like in real rallys?
Should be fun... too bad Im poor and My moms mean...
 
Rogue Ssv
20 car rallys? All at the same time, or starting 10 seconds seperate like in real rallys?
Should be fun... too bad Im poor and My moms mean...

All at once. I'll get the link to the vid and post in THIS post as an edit in a few mins...brb

EDIT = here is the link to the vid of GT5 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-8BwiWN-4I
 
There won't be 20 cars (or anything like that many) on rally stages in GT5.
 
gran turismo 2 to gran turismo 3 was a big change because of ps to ps2
so maybe gt4 to gt5 will be a big swith?ps2 to ps3
 
is that the pal version of gt1 in the pic in first post? cause on my pal version it says miles per hour and i can't figure out how to change it:confused:
 
lthiele
is that the pal version of gt1 in the pic in first post? cause on my pal version it says miles per hour and i can't figure out how to change it:confused:

It doesn't matter if you own PAL/NTSC. The unit can be changed easily if you go to "options/measure unit" (located in the main map, main screen, home screen and in the menu before you start a race). once there, just change it from MPH to KPH. Done! :sly:



Ciao....
 
it's the same as gt2 and 3 i can't figure out how to change it in either of them either but it's in km/hr in them but it says m/hr in gt1:confused: all pal versions

edit: mr ozzy gt replied before i did

edit again: i couldn't find it but when i started a new game it was in km/hr it mustve been in ntsc from the gamesave i downloaded off the internet but how could a 930hp gto twinturbo go 400m/hr?:confused:
 
I've started playing GT1 and GT2 lots more then I used to but still play GT4 and occasonaly GT3
 
I don't have gt3 or 4 and am still playing gt2 addictively after 3 years :)

I'm timing myself of how long it takes to get all gold on the licenses. I'm down to 1.5 hours now.
 
Rogue Ssv
20 car rallys? All at the same time, or starting 10 seconds seperate like in real rallys?
Should be fun... too bad Im poor and My moms mean...

I think you will find that real rallys start the cars off at least 2 to 3 minutes apart.

10 seconds would cause total chaos, particularly on dust prone rallies.


lthiele
it's the same as gt2 and 3 i can't figure out how to change it in either of them either but it's in km/hr in them but it says m/hr in gt1:confused: all pal versions

European PAL GT1-3 releases have always had Kmh as the only speedo readout, the first one to get Mph was GT4.

So not quite true on the all PAL versions bit.


Scaff
 
Ermac26
there is going to be over 20 cars be race per track NO MATTER what type of race you are doing, even rally races. :cheers:

Please say it isn't so. Twenty cars are too many. In an endurance you'll spend all your time passing cars. AI cars will be rendered next-to-useless because they usually have a hard time passing each other. Other that the hardware is capable of displaying twenty cars, there could be no other useful reason. Eight cars maybe, but twenty is just a waste of processing power. I'd rather race against three other smart cars than twenty stupid ones. I can only imagine a first lap, first corner ten car pileup where I'm the last car on the grid. That's a nightmare.

I really shouldn't complain since I haven't seen the game play yet. Maybe they'll get mostly everything right.
 
Rogue Ssv
I onestly dont think that its that bad.
GT1 and 2 rock. and GT2 is teh pwn.

They do rock. It was all about game play and not graphics. GT1 had the best AI drivers. I really enjoyed dicing with that pushy Vette.
 
If they do have 20+ cars in a race, I for one am not looking forward to a rolling start which leaves me 15-25 seconds behind at the start of a 2-lap sprint. The 4 1/2 to 6 second handicap in GT4 is bad enough, sometimes.
 
BobK
If they do have 20+ cars in a race, I for one am not looking forward to a rolling start which leaves me 15-25 seconds behind at the start of a 2-lap sprint. The 4 1/2 to 6 second handicap in GT4 is bad enough, sometimes.
Amen!

We can just hope that PD will bring back the qualifying option for all races, and not just the championship events. If so, then it wont matter how many are in the field or if its a rolling start or not.

I still just don't understand why PD dropped the qualifying option for all the races except for the few chapionship events... it made no sense. It basicaly encourages gamers to use over powered cars simply in order to try and make up for beinf forced to start at the back of the pack in short races. 👎
 
Back