Gran Turismo 7: Two Years On

• Thread starter Famine
  • 97 comments
Sophy isn't available on all tracks, even if in the current limited form.
What does that have to do with content slowdown? PD never got into the habit of adding Sophy support on additional circuits in the first place. So we cannot look at that as an indicator of things slowing down.
The lack of actual races, they don't even add the "special" events from the weeklys even though that would be pretty easy.
Nothing new in that regard as well. PD always kept the addition of new events to what seemed like a bare minimum.
And compared to GT-Sport they are really sandbagging on cars.
Which also says nothing about content slowdown in the context of GT7, which from the beginning received smaller content updates compared to GT Sport.
It does smell like a GT8 with updated cars from this century is in development, vs GT-Sport cars, ehmm sorry GT7 :)
There’s little doubt that the next game is in development, but I really don’t think the frequency and volume of GT7 content updates indicate anything along those lines. They are still arriving in much the same way they always did.

Everything about the content slowdown smells like a GT8 game is inbound.

But I can't complain, I play and enjoy GT7 every day and when everything clicks nothing really compares..
I really hope GT8 isn’t coming out for the next two or three years. I feel like I’m just nearing the end of the grind in GT7. My credits float around $15-$20 million now and I have most of the cars. I’m still tuning cars to get them to handle how I like (not necessarily fast) but like a proper version of certain cars. I’m nowhere near close to done with GT7. If they dropped GT8 in the next year and it was the same old grind fest I’d be torn, do I start all over again or just leave it and stick with GT7.

Unless they’re significantly improving car sounds, graphics and physics, I’d rather pay them to update GT7 of missing features.

GT7 is by far the best GT game tech wise. However it just bugs me how PD chooses to not keep the well received aspects of previous game onto the next one.

It's crazy how PD is able to leave behind good ideas and at the same time implement bad ones and GT7 seems to have a lot of this problem.

GT7 is not a bad game, not even the worst in the franchise. It's just sad that it could be a lot more.

Happy anniversary GT7!

GT7 is by far the best GT game tech wise. However it just bugs me how PD chooses to not keep the well received aspects of previous game onto the next one.

It's crazy how PD is able to leave behind good ideas and at the same time implement bad ones and GT7 seems to have a lot of this problem.

GT7 is not a bad game, not even the worst in the franchise. It's just sad that it could be a lot more.

Happy anniversary GT7!
Yep lots of why’s. Why did you do this and not that? Why did you remove this?!

So far, the game has been decent.

Like I said on some other thread: it is fantastic in some areas, awful in others, and still feels like a gigantic beta.

But it is a decent game.

Happy anniversary GT7!
Yeah, the Graphic an physic are good, some little stuff to improve and add some tracks and cars :cheers:

Exactly, they are saving stuff
I never denied that content is being saved. I questioned your claim regarding “content slowdown”. I don’t see any indications that content is now arriving slower than it did one year ago.

Everything about the content slowdown smells like a GT8 game is inbound.

But I can't complain, I play and enjoy GT7 every day and when everything clicks nothing really compares..
That may be true or they're planning a big update. Today (or yesterday), a Lotus group I'm in had a guy looking for unmodified RHD S1 Elises to measure/capture for what he said was GT7.

Doesn’t seem like content slowdown to me. Just a steady stream of cars since the first update. Whether we get anything other than cars could be down to many factors. Pick some.

I never denied that content is being saved. I questioned your claim regarding “content slowdown”. I don’t see any indications that content is now arriving slower than it did one year ago.
In terms of cars being released, that has slowed down, though it could be circumstantial and not an indicator of anything relating to GT8. We don't know content is being saved, we can speculate on it though.

Personally, I think PD are likely creating more content than they are releasing for GT8 because it makes sense for them to do so, that way they have a steady suply of new assets for GT8 when they are ready to release or even reveal that title. But I think they'll likely have been holding content back for GT8 since the early updates, not just now.

That doesn't mean that is happening, I just think it's a sensible business/design decision.

Last edited:
In terms of cars being released, that has slowed down, though it could be circumstantial and not an indicator of anything relating to GT8.
No, it hasn’t.

May 2023 - 3 cars
June 2023 - 3 cars
July 2023 - 0 cars
August 2023 - 4 cars
September 2023 - 3 cars
October 2023 - 0 cars

13 cars spanning six months

November 2023 - 7 cars
December 2023 - 0 cars
January 2024 - 3 cars
February 2024 - 3 cars

13 cars spanning four (almost five) months.

The article you are commenting on pointed it out.
In that case the article needs to reconsider that point.

Last edited:
I am grateful with every free update we get. I would pay for extra tracks. The game for me is still the best GT and at the same time there's so much more potential. Hope they stick with it and keep developing.

No, it hasn’t.

May 2022 - 3 cars
June 2023 - 3 cars
July 2023 - 0 cars
August 2023 - 4 cars
September 2023 - 3 cars
October 2023 - 0 cars

13 cars spanning six months

November 2023 - 7 cars
December 2023 - 0 cars
January 2024 - 3 cars
February 2024 - 3 cars

13 cars spanning four (almost five) months.

In that case the article needs to reconsider that point.
Well sure, but if you compare the first 12 months to the second 12 months you get a different story. We got 40 (I think) cars in the first 12 months, and the 12 months following have seen 25% fewer, albeit we potentially have one more update to go, though it would need to bring in double figures to match the first years content. It's the very defintiion of slowing down/decreasing content when it hasn't been the same or more. But this wasn't even really the point of my post, so well missed.

Last edited:
Well sure, but if you compare the first 12 months to the second 12 months you get a different story. We got 40 (I think) cars in the first 12 months, and the 12 months following have seen 25% fewer, albeit we potentially have one more update to go, though it would need to bring in double figures to match the first years content. It's the very defintiion of slowing down/decreasing content when it hasn't been the same or more. But this wasn't even really the point of my post, so well missed.
It’s correct that the first year of content updates probably will turn out to have brought more cars than the soon to be finished second year. However, it would be a stretch to assume that this circumstance has something to do with GT8, as originally pointed out by @kjeldsen. The fact that the pace of incoming cars has picked up since November (compared to the six months leading up to November) suggests that GT8 development has no discernible impact on GT7 right now, hence no slowdown.

Last edited:
The modelling team is capable of producing 60 new cars a year (according to Yamauchi, last January). That doesn't mean that there are 60 new cars for them to model each year; the modelling team is just the people that make the models. If there's fewer cars entering the pipeline (due to, ooooh, for example, licensing) then fewer cars will come out.
Based upon this information that in theory you could see 5 new cars per month, in reality of getting the quality it could be two cars per month. As for fewer cars entering the pipeline it is most likely not the licensing but just the accessibility of the cars to be scanned, for an example if a Toyota 88CV was needed and the only good version is stuck tightly in a collection, it would be hard and almost impossible to get it scanned properly, engine sounds recorded, and other such physical data collected to be compiled into ones and zeroes for inputting into code for the game.
I would love to see more cars in GT7 but have to see and accept the reality that fewer cars than 60 per year could appear in game. With the hope that my wishes of more older cars in game come true, I gladly accept the newer cars and always looking for the next few.

It’s correct that the first year of content updates probably will turn out to have brought more cars than the soon to be finished second year. However, it would be a stretch to assume that this circumstance has something to do with GT8, as originally pointed out by @kjeldsen. The fact that the pace of incoming cars has picked up since November (compared to the six months leading up to November) suggests that GT8 development has no discernible impact on GT7 right now, hence no slowdown.
Yeah, absolutely, the drop off, for want of a better term, could be entirely unrelated to GT8 or any other game.

But if I had to guess, I would say that they've probably been creating assets for GT8 all the while, not just in recent months. But that’s pure speculation on my part. It's based on that action making sense to me and the amout of content we've seen being added to GT7 since it's launch. It's, not anything deeper than my own personal speculation though.

2 years and they still couldn't fix it to show the right graphics for the tyres you are changing into. Must be a really difficult issue.
This… the night sky is an exact replica of the real-life orientation, including the stars. Genuinely impressive.

But when I switch from dry to wet tyres… it can’t render wet tyres in the pit lane. Baffling.

Also the pointlessness of the later licences...

That may be true or they're planning a big update. Today (or yesterday), a Lotus group I'm in had a guy looking for unmodified RHD S1 Elises to measure/capture for what he said was GT7.
I like this sort of thing - hopefully a small indication that Lotus will return but will take this with a pinch of salt to start with.

2 years and they still couldn't fix it to show the right graphics for the tyres you are changing into. Must be a really difficult issue.
All companies work in the same way… if the cost of this fix is too high vs the benefits (which in this case is almost zero) it will never be fixed.

All companies work in the same way… if the cost of this fix is too high vs the benefits (which in this case is almost zero) it will never be fixed.
It ain’t zero to me. Why have an accurate sky when you can’t show accurate tyres? It causing confusion in longer races that you may have selected red the wrong tyres

I agree with you. But if PoDi hasn't done anything in the last two years to address this issue, I'm pretty sure it’s because they don't care at all. (And don’t have time to waste for insignificant things).

Last edited:
Happy 2 years for gt7, i dont think its slowing down more this year campared to last year, i would bet that we get a simular car count for this year, avarage 3 cars per month witch it has been for every month so far since the game launched, in 2025 is where i belive things will slow down a bit and you proably get that Word from kaz like we did from sport and that will most likely mean gt8 will be revealed just months after that,

gt sport had bigger updates in general, but it was more incomplete to begin with, and much of the content was not brand new for the series like its been for gt7 most of the time

I think gt7 has been improved alot since launch, but there is still things i would like see change like more worthy single player content, more grinding races like top 4 paying races would be welcome, but reason why i really love gt7 so much is because of how much love and care they put into the cars witch i dont see much in other racing game franshises to the same degree,

Last edited:
IMO Kaz/PD made their fanbase feel like they were being taken advantage of with their switch and bait tactics/monetary system at launch. They intentionally misled reviewers and their customers.

While they've made efforts to fix that particular issue (somewhat), that isn't enough when you commit an act like that. Kaz's lack of communication, the 6+ years of longstanding issues and half baked new features are picking at that scab of distrust.

While this article did a good job of bringing perspective to the state of the game, even the aspects described as positive aren't completely positive. IIRC towards the end of the article support of a new Fanatec wheel is mentioned but is that really fully positive? Trueforce isn't support (yet). Who knows when and if it actually will be... Some folks feel that the latest update nerfed the wheel a bit, that's understandably subjective. But it's also a valid fear because PD nerfed diff wheels for months at a time with ZERO COMMUNICATION before lol. Do I believe PD will support it eventually? Sure. Will it be 2 month or 9 months? Who knows. Will they stop supporting and remove it at some point? They've done it before.

I can't be upset at those who have their pitchforks out.

TLDR: The article asks the question of what will be in store for 2024... We shouldn't have to ask that question. PD should provide an obtainable development roadmap for the game. Easy stuff, layups. They can add additional features as icing on the cake but don't over promise. For example....

May 2024 Update:
  • Online penalty system revamping
  • True force implementation

June 2024 Update:
  • New track
  • Improved weather variability in online races

August 2024 Update:
- Sophy expansion

Last edited:
Cool. Your impression is wrong - but then if you only read the bits you want to read (again - this is the third time you've alleged a bias, and checking out where your posts are made it's not hard to see why that might be) and not the other bits then that sort of thing will happen.

But sure, we don't want to say anything to upset the apple cart...
What do you mean by where they're based?

Back