Gran Turismo 7: Two Years On

• Thread starter Famine
  • 97 comments
2 years and they still couldn't fix it to show the right graphics for the tyres you are changing into. Must be a really difficult issue.
Does the tyre graphics really matter? As long as they are the correct tyre when I use them I'm ok with them mixing up tread graphics

Why would this be priority?
It’s horses for courses. Things like this break the immersion for me so are high on my list. I want it to look like a real-life pit stop.

For others they want fixes for stuff about “lobbies” for which I have never used so I couldn’t care less about.

Why would this be priority?
it's not a priority but it might have been done in 2 years, it's about 15 minutes to do it. Let's say 1 programmer-hour. In 2 years nobody cared, from KAZ to the last programmer in the company, nobody. Baffles me, not because of this particular little issue, but as an example of how PD does things.

Last edited:
The modelling team is capable of producing 60 new cars a year (according to Yamauchi, last January). That doesn't mean that there are 60 new cars for them to model each year; the modelling team is just the people that make the models. If there's fewer cars entering the pipeline (due to, ooooh, for example, licensing) then fewer cars will come out.
So as someone who has had access to PD over the years, are you saying that this is the reason, or part of the reasons, why they are not delivering close to the 60 car models per year they said they were capable of doing, or just speculating like me?
It's also good that they're not working flat-out to maximum capacity, because it means fewer errors creep in from always being on the limit - and it means the staff isn't perpetually in crunch (and I think we all agree that software dev crunch is A Bad Thing).
Nobody wants to to see anyone worked beyond what is reasonable. You would hope that 60 car per year boast/estimate was with people working a normal (as much as such things are in video game production) working week, and not we can produce 60 cars if we never let staff go home. ;) :lol:

The number of cars they have delivered up until now, at least for this game, looks like they are not pushing their staff to their extremes. :rolleyes: The reasons for not delivering close to 60 cars is open to speculation.

Don't see the point in adding cars if there are no new events for them. Before anyone says sport mode, people may not want to online race. Before anyone says custom race, a) very limited, b) not the player's job
I don't see adding cars, or tracks, as a fix all for GT7, but it at least shows that they are still backing the game, and it gives hope of that they are still working on the game in other ways, and would hopefully make some more structural changes. Two years on though, and after the Spec II update, I can't see them making those types of changes now, so that leaves new cars and tracks as something to add ongoing interest for some. :rolleyes:

As with most games, users decrease over time after the initial release and boom period(if they are lucky ;)), but I'm sure PD see an increase in users when they add new content. And they want to keep making money, selling games, or at least helping to sell PSN accounts, so drip feeding new content is a way to mitigate the inevitable decline.

That said, even if you add content, I think the choices of the content can send mixed and confusing messages as to the direction of the game. :confused:

Remember, Kaz is trying to revive car culture or at least be a custodian of car culture. I get it about why have a car when it’s not used for basic GT events. At least any one is in the game. It can be looked at(like a Hot Wheels car or model kit or slot car). Scapes, Time Trial, Showroom and everything else. I’d rather have some cars than not have those some cars.

Last edited:
I don't see adding cars, or tracks, as a fix all for GT7, but it at least shows that they are still backing the game, and it gives hope of that they are still working on the game in other ways, and would hopefully make some more structural changes. Two years on though, and after the Spec II update, I can't see them making those types of changes now, so that leaves new cars and tracks as something to add ongoing interest for some. :rolleyes:

As with most games, users decrease over time after the initial release and boom period(if they are lucky ;)), but I'm sure PD see an increase in users when they add new content. And they want to keep making money, selling games, or at least helping to sell PSN accounts, so drip feeding new content is a way to mitigate the inevitable decline.

That said, even if you add content, I think the choices of the content can send mixed and confusing messages as to the direction of the game. :confused:
User decrease is one thing, GT7 had an exodus. A lot of players walked away when they saw how thin the career mode was.

But the thing is gt7 still doing well by the looks of it, while new cars wont fix some of the problems gt7 has but it gets more enjoyable at least for me if their is cars i am intrested in, and add to that to experince them in vr is incrediable, a lot of cars that i want in gt7 is already in forza, but they just dont put the same amount of detail as pd does, and thats something i really loved since they started over with the car models, the cars i love gets any more love too see them get the care they deserve.

Last edited:
It’s horses for courses. Things like this break the immersion for me so are high on my list. I want it to look like a real-life pit stop.

For others they want fixes for stuff about “lobbies” for which I have never used so I couldn’t care less about.
So an insignificant thing breaks your immersion…

So, what about real things ? Like poor sounds, bad handling, flags, collisions etc…

So, what about real things ? Like poor sounds, bad handling, flags, collisions etc…
You’ve got a bee in your bonnet. What’s insignificant to you is not the same as everyone else.

I think the sounds are pretty good (are they 100% accurate? No. Does it sound like a dog barking? No)

Flags - do you mean marshal flags or windsocks/circuit flags because again they’re all very flag like to me, especially when they change direction with the wind - very cool.

Bad handling? This isn’t a sim and I think it’s one of the better handling driving simulating games out there for road cars.

The damage modeling is seriously lacking but then that’s a philosophy that is not going to change in this franchise so why request it.

But yes - tyres that don’t match or wheel covers that tyres magically pass through, fuel delivered to thin air, does break the immersion for me.

It wasn’t meant to be an exhaustive list of everything that is inaccurate about the visual art in the game. Just one thing that SOMEONE ELSE mentioned that I agreed with, so my post was to provide validation to that member.

Last edited:
You’ve got a bee in your bonnet. What’s insignificant to you is not the same as everyone else.
My message doesn’t reflect my personal opinion. I was just listing some of recurring flaws we can read on GTPlanet and we can take as bad things for immersion.

For me (this is my humble opinion) the game is perfectly fine. 99% of the game suits me as it is. The only thing I could complain about, is the inability to restrain settings without BoP.

Sounds are actully not bad, not perfect but absolutly not bad, they are quite good overall specially for road cars, handling is fine where it is, its not supose to be a full sim anyway, collisions is not the most important thing

Remember, Kaz is trying to revive car culture or at least be a custodian of car culture.
If Kazunori is trying to revive car culture, then he had better get busy and give us a more variety of cars like 60s to 80s F1 cars, more DTM, more variety of road cars from different decades, not the few quirky elitist cars, cars that were in our worlds.

IMO Kaz/PD made their fanbase feel like they were being taken advantage of with their switch and bait tactics/monetary system at launch. They intentionally misled reviewers and their customers.

While they've made efforts to fix that particular issue (somewhat), that isn't enough when you commit an act like that. Kaz's lack of communication, the 6+ years of longstanding issues and half baked new features are picking at that scab of distrust.

While this article did a good job of bringing perspective to the state of the game, even the aspects described as positive aren't completely positive. IIRC towards the end of the article support of a new Fanatec wheel is mentioned but is that really fully positive? Trueforce isn't support (yet). Who knows when and if it actually will be... Some folks feel that the latest update nerfed the wheel a bit, that's understandably subjective. But it's also a valid fear because PD nerfed diff wheels for months at a time with ZERO COMMUNICATION before lol. Do I believe PD will support it eventually? Sure. Will it be 2 month or 9 months? Who knows. Will they stop supporting and remove it at some point? They've done it before.

I can't be upset at those who have their pitchforks out.

TLDR: The article asks the question of what will be in store for 2024... We shouldn't have to ask that question. PD should provide an obtainable development roadmap for the game. Easy stuff, layups. They can add additional features as icing on the cake but don't over promise. For example....

May 2024 Update:
  • Online penalty system revamping
  • True force implementation

June 2024 Update:
  • New track
  • Improved weather variability in online races

August 2024 Update:
- Sophy expansion
The lack of a roadmap or any communication is truly baffling, especially for a game of this level.

Yesterday TC2 got its last update. Had 3 cars to win, and 6 to buy iirc? Tons of new challenges, changes to UI, changes to racemaker, etc etc. Of course, as with every other update, there was a long page explaining changes and how they would work, what the plan was going forward etc.

This is 6 years in

The fact that a small UBISOFT sub studio can do this, for 6 years of support, but GT's updates have nothing but basic patch notes and "Please continue to enjoy GT7!" With sony's support is absolutely bonkers

Remember, Kaz is trying to revive car culture or at least be a custodian of car culture. I get it about why have a car when it’s not used for basic GT events. At least any one is in the game. It can be looked at(like a Hot Wheels car or model kit or slot car). Scapes, Time Trial, Showroom and everything else. I’d rather have some cars than not have those some cars.
The problem is that Kaz's visions of "car culture" don't seem to work unless you're a rich old dude living in Japan lol.

There's so many basic staples of car culture and the world of automotive stuff missing from GT7, especially on the European and American car sides, and they couldn't even take the time to properly class the existing cars or make events for many of them

If Kazunori is trying to revive car culture, then he had better get busy and give us a more variety of cars like 60s to 80s F1 cars, more DTM, more variety of road cars from different decades, not the few quirky elitist cars, cars that were in our worlds.
What does vintage F1 and DTM have to do with car culture? That’s motorsport.

More variety of road cars from different decades? That’s exactly what you have been getting with most content updates released in the past two years.

What does vintage F1 and DTM have to do with car culture? That’s motorsport.

More variety of road cars from different decades? That’s exactly what you have been getting with most content updates released in the past two years.
Road car variety has been exceptionally poor from GT Updates. Let's not pretend it hasn't been. It's almost always been either Japanese tuners or a handful of sports/muscle cars. Car culture is far, far more expansive than that and plenty of other games have no issues showcasing that

Road car variety has been exceptionally poor from GT Updates. Let's not pretend it hasn't been. It's almost always been either Japanese tuners or a handful of sports/muscle cars. Car culture is far, far more expansive than that and plenty of other games have no issues showcasing that
Can't agree with you there,
last 6months has been pretty varied for road cars:
  ・Audi TTS Coupe '09
  ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR GSR '06
  ・Renault R4 GTL '85
・BVLGARI Aluminium Vision Gran Turismo
  ・Genesis X Gran Berlinetta Vision Gran Turismo Concept
  ・Suzuki Jimny XC '18
  ・Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi '68
  ・Dodge Challenger SRT Demon '18
  ・Lexus LFA '10
  ・Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II '91
  ・NISMO 400R '95
  ・Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992) '22
  ・Tesla Model 3 Performance '23
  ・ Garage RCR Civic
  ・ Honda Civic Type R (FL5) '22
  ・ MAZDA3 Gr.4

Last edited:
Can't agree with you there,
last 6months has been pretty varied for road cars:
  ・Audi TTS Coupe '09
  ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR GSR '06
  ・Renault R4 GTL '85
・BVLGARI Aluminium Vision Gran Turismo
  ・Genesis X Gran Berlinetta Vision Gran Turismo Concept
  ・Suzuki Jimny XC '18
  ・Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi '68
  ・Dodge Challenger SRT Demon '18
  ・Lexus LFA '10
  ・Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II '91
  ・NISMO 400R '95
  ・Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992) '22
  ・Tesla Model 3 Performance '23
  ・ Garage RCR Civic
  ・ Honda Civic Type R (FL5) '22
  ・ MAZDA3 Gr.4
The only cars of "variety" here are the Challenger, Charger, 190E, and R4.

Everything else either already had a million counterparts in game, or isn't a road car. VGTs and fictional GR4 car aside, the new FL5 isn't much different from the other newer Type Rs. Another skyline. Another 911. Another offroader with basically no place in game. LFA and Evo 9 were odd exclusions to begin with, same with the C8. TT literally a standard sports car. Even the challenger is kind of nonsense since they gave us the Demon, which is the drag special, and makes no sense in a track game.

Alternatively

Where are the following:

• Any number of 80s Japanese cars. FB RX7s, Hondas, R31s etc etc
  • any number of german sedans/wagons from the last 30 years
  • literally any American car from 1980 to 2010? We have ONE in game when there are dozens of phenomenal platforms in those years like the G body, later F body, Foxbody, MN, SN95, S197, C5, etc can keep listing
  • why do we keep getting offroaders and not street trucks? GT's offroading is terrible and limited, why are we getting Jimnys and the like when there's plenty of options for street trucks/SUVs?
  • instead of fictional mazda Gt4 cars, why not give us an irl one make car, or something similar?
  • where are so many of the Japanese classics? Cosmos, Rx3, etc
  • where are the hot hatches, especially from the 80s and 90s? Barely any are in game.
  • where the hell are the NB and NC miatas. That's a very obvious hole there.
  • where is cadillac as a brand?
  • Where are the hyundai N cars?
  • Where are the Z06s?
  • where are the ACRs?
  • where are the 90s/2000s Hondas besides the type Rs?

I can just keep listing stuff. It seems like PD is pulling the most recognizable, popular cars from its pile of assets and not at all trying to dig into car culture. Teslas, LFAs, 911s, it's all so basic

All of this goes without saying that the last 6 months are a bit of an oddity for this game's updates in terms of variety.

Last edited:
The only cars of "variety" here are the Challenger, Charger, 190E, and R4.

Everything else either already had a million counterparts in game, or isn't a road car. VGTs and fictional GR4 car aside, the new FL5 isn't much different from the other newer Type Rs. Another skyline. Another 911. Another offroader with basically no place in game. LFA and Evo 9 were odd exclusions to begin with, same with the C8. TT literally a standard sports car. Even the challenger is kind of nonsense since they gave us the Demon, which is the drag special, and makes no sense in a track game.

Alternatively

Where are the following:

• Any number of 80s Japanese cars. FB RX7s, Hondas, R31s etc etc
  • any number of german sedans/wagons from the last 30 years
  • literally any American car from 1980 to 2010? We have ONE in game when there are dozens of phenomenal platforms in those years like the G body, later F body, Foxbody, MN, SN95, S197, C5, etc can keep listing
    • why do we keep getting offroaders and not street trucks? GT's offroading is terrible and limited, why are we getting Jimnys and the like when there's plenty of options for street trucks/SUVs?
    • instead of fictional mazda Gt4 cars, why not give us an irl one make car, or something similar?
    • where are so many of the Japanese classics? Cosmos, Rx3, etc
    • where are the hot hatches, especially from the 80s and 90s? Barely any are in game.
    • where the hell are the NB and NC miatas. That's a very obvious hole there.
    • where is cadillac as a brand?
    • Where are the hyundai N cars?
    • Where are the Z06s?
    • where are the ACRs?
    • where are the 90s/2000s Hondas besides the type Rs?
    I can just keep listing stuff. It seems like PD is pulling the most recognizable, popular cars from its pile of assets and not at all trying to dig into car culture. Teslas, LFAs, 911s, it's all so basic

All of this goes without saying that the last 6 months are a bit of an oddity for this game's updates in terms of variety.
Calling the LFA and the latest 911 as basic just means you're throwing a tantrum because your favourite car hasn't been included, sorry but you are blind if you say there hasn't been road car variety

Edit: as for car's between 1980-2010
You have 4 within that time period, not one as you say:
Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '89
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
Dodge Viper GTS '02
Ford Ford GT '06

Last edited:
Calling the LFA and the latest 911 as basic just means you're throwing a tantrum because your favourite car hasn't been included, sorry but you are blind if you say there hasn't been road car variety
So what you're saying is that is you don't have an actual response to anything I said? Got it.

Brand new cars will always be "basic" in car culture. Did you notice I didn't mention anything about an S650? While I like the new 911, we have SEVERAL in game already.

For the LFA, yes it's achieved that "basic level of car culture knowledge" status. I'd compare it to the 787B.

What I listed was not "my favorite cars" it was common sense. Our updates have featured more VGTs than they have any of what I mentioned

Something I'll add - alot of these cars would work much better as additions if they had an update structured around them.

Last edited:
So what you're saying is that is you don't have an actual response to anything I said? Got it.
I did respond:
you're throwing a tantrum because your favourite car hasn't been included
Brand new cars will always be "basic" in car culture. Did you notice I didn't mention anything about an S650? While I like the new 911, we have SEVERAL in game already.

For the LFA, yes it's achieved that "basic level of car culture knowledge" status. I'd compare it to the 787B.

What I listed was not "my favorite cars" it was common sense. Our updates have featured more VGTs than they have any of what I mentioned
The rest of your post is still rambling by yourself because your favourite car's are not included,
Common sense would know that the cars that are being included are ones PD have licensing for, Common sense would suggest that car's not featured are out of licensing for PD.

But I think you're lacking common sense since you've called the "gt4" mazda as fictional when it is an actual race car, you can't count to 4, 4 being the american car's between 1980-2010 of:
Dodge Viper GTS '02
Ford Ford GT '06

You should read this on licensing maybe you'll be less frustrated and it should cover all your bullet points but I'm not sure you'll be able to understand such big sentences.

I did respond:

The rest of your post is still rambling by yourself because your favourite car's are not included,
Common sense would know that the cars that are being included are ones PD have licensing for, Common sense would suggest that car's not featured are out of licensing for PD.

But I think you're lacking common sense since you've called the "gt4" mazda as fictional when it is an actual race car, you can't count to 4, 4 being the american car's between 1980-2010 of:
Dodge Viper GTS '02
Ford Ford GT '06

You should read this on licensing maybe you'll be less frustrated and it should cover all your bullet points but I'm not sure you'll be able to understand such big sentences.
The Mazda 3 "Gr4" is fictional. It's a fake Gr4 variant that takes its inspiration from the Japanese Touring car series (name I can't remember) and the TCR Mazda 3. Its very clearly a mix of the two. The Mazda 3 is real. The Gr4 is a fictional "PD" version of it.

Viper and GT are so poorly utilized I actually forgot they were in game, so props there. Same for the C6 ZR1. You've actually made my point better there, since there's literally nothing in that era in game that wasn't an extremely expensive top tier sports car/super car - that's an extremely obvious deficiency.

Common sense would actually be that many of the cars I've mentioned are known to be in the leak lists, and have featured in previous games. Common sense says PD is more likely than not going after nostalgia and popularity more in updates than actual variety, since that's an easy way to play it safe. Common sense, however, does NOT say that the major Japanese game developer that we know has ties to Japanese automakers, has licensing issues with so many of their cars all of a sudden.

So no, you didn't answer. You made my point even better for me. Thank you

I get that you're trying to weasel your way out of a discussion of the actual numbers regarding update cars by telling me I'm "frustrated" and "can't read" etc, however if I were you I'd just be honest

Last edited:
The Mazda 3 "Gr4" is fictional. It's a fake Gr4 variant that takes its inspiration from the Japanese Touring car series (name I can't remember) and the TCR Mazda 3. Its very clearly a mix of the two. The Mazda 3 is real. The Gr4 is a fictional "PD" version of it.
Ok buddy nice excuse on that one
Viper and GT are so poorly utilized I actually forgot they were in game, so props there. Same for the C6 ZR1. You've actually made my point better there,
it's only you poorly using the game, only point I'm proving is you blind.
since there's literally nothing in that era in game that wasn't an extremely expensive top tier sports car/super car - that's an extremely obvious deficiency.

Common sense would actually be that many of the cars I've mentioned are known to be in the leak lists, and have featured in previous games. Common sense says PD is more likely than not going after nostalgia and popularity more in updates than actual variety, since that's an easy way to play it safe.
Wait.. which leaked lists are showing German wagons and fox bodies? the answer is none... so again you are wrong
Where's the common sense when you say why include the FL5 when previous version was soo similar yet you want a NB mx5 which is pretty similar to an NA mx5 in spec and handling(I've both these cars in real life to confirm), double standards no?
So no, you didn't answer. You made my point even better for me. Thank you
Pleasure, just pointing out how wrong you are further cementing the point of how wrong you are,
Throwing a tantrum and you can't even get facts right... throwing a tantrum because your favourite cars have not been included, there is plenty of variety in the road cars, get over yourself

Edit: In fact you are soo wrong about the road car variety, all the comments on GT social channels are calling for variety in Race cars not more road cars

Last edited:
michael-jackson.gif

Back