Gran Turismo Unpopular Opinions Thread

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 791 comments
Rally tracks and drifting should be banished from all GT games.

I want real tracks over all PD fictional tracks.
I totally disagree on what you said about Rally tracks and Drifting should be banished from all GT games. Rally and Drifting are going to be in all GT games if you like it or not, and that goes with Karts as well.

I totally agree on what you said about real tracks over all PD fictional tracks 👍, in a Gran Turismo games there should never be any fictional tracks.

I totally agree on what you said about real tracks over all PD fictional tracks 👍, in a Gran Turismo games there should never be any fictional tracks.
It's like you've never played a Gran Turismo game before. If you believe this then I would hope this is your first GT game, as you'd be in for a rude awakening when you look at the track list in previous titles.

Real GT3 cars have tracktion control so why not use it in the game?

(Geuss that could count as an unpopular opinion aswel. :D )

Because superior non tcs/csa/abs users would be able to tell you how superior they are even more

Controller users are real human beeings, too, and may have as much fun as anyone driving GT - even with the use of AT gears...
Same for wheel users - even with the use of CSA...
It's a free world! :gtpflag::cheers:

Edit: Sounds like Bob Ross - 'It's your own world, you can do whatever you want...' :lol:

People who just post their favorite opinions/tracks/cars/memories in the 'unpopular opinions thread' don't understand completely it's origin purpose... :scared::D
No offense... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's the exact opposite, the DS4 has "magic" in it compared to a wheel. I used my DS4 about a week ago for the first time in 6 months, first lap was just as fast as my Fanatec and the car was much harder to spin the rear tires and the car also seemed to have much shorter braking distances.
Agree...

And, my unpopular opinions...
1. separate races for controller vs wheel drivers.
2. qualifying should be 7 laps, 5 of which must be ran consecutively clean... the average time of those 5 laps is your qualy time. No 5 consecutive clean laps, no qualy, no race.
3. penalties need to be harsher, and unscrubbale in race.

I think players should stop blaming the strict track limits at La Sarthe. They're the best I've seen so far if it weren't for the final chicane exploit, and they're consistent as well. Why not learn the track limits instead of whining about it all the time?

Speaking of blaming, they should also stop blaming the tire model/throttle linearity as a cause of them being uncompetitive. My G29's pedals are so dusty that any sort of throttle modulation above 50% would lead to unpredictable throttle spikes. I don't want to void the warranty so I haven't opened it yet, and canned air doesn't help. Sure I complaied about it in the first few posts, but I rarely mention it now. Why? Because I learned to deal with it. I can still modulate the throttle under 50% so utilize it, and then smash the gas pedal on the exit to "calibrate" the pedal and have it give me 100% input consistently, at least up until the next corner. If I can learn how to deal with a literal, physical, deficiency, why can't others?

I still don't get why players keep complaining about GTS yet they literally have hundreds, if not thousands, of hours in the game. I swear, if you don't like the game then 🤬 quit. You're not obligated to play it, nor will you be frowned upon for quitting it. You feel like you need to play to justify your $60 order? Well you have hundreds of hours into the game; you already did. You have a rig set up just for this game? GTS is not the only game in the genre, even if we limit the options to the PS4. You're complaining "for the betterment of GTS"? Send an email to PD, not whine on the forums they seldomly look at, much less a random complain thread. "GT is not what it used to be"? It isn't, move on already. There's literally all the reasons for you to quit the game, and none to stay. I swear these kinds of players are ones who really get under my nerves

I think players should stop blaming the strict track limits at La Sarthe. They're the best I've seen so far if it weren't for the final chicane exploit, and they're consistent as well. Why not learn the track limits instead of whining about it all the time?

Speaking of blaming, they should also stop blaming the tire model/throttle linearity as a cause of them being uncompetitive. My G29's pedals are so dusty that any sort of throttle modulation above 50% would lead to unpredictable throttle spikes. I don't want to void the warranty so I haven't opened it yet, and canned air doesn't help. Sure I complaied about it in the first few posts, but I rarely mention it now. Why? Because I learned to deal with it. I can still modulate the throttle under 50% so utilize it, and then smash the gas pedal on the exit to "calibrate" the pedal and have it give me 100% input consistently, at least up until the next corner. If I can learn how to deal with a literal, physical, deficiency, why can't others?

I still don't get why players keep complaining about GTS yet they literally have hundreds, if not thousands, of hours in the game. I swear, if you don't like the game then 🤬 quit. You're not obligated to play it, nor will you be frowned upon for quitting it. You feel like you need to play to justify your $60 order? Well you have hundreds of hours into the game; you already did. You have a rig set up just for this game? GTS is not the only game in the genre, even if we limit the options to the PS4. You're complaining "for the betterment of GTS"? Send an email to PD, not whine on the forums they seldomly look at, much less a random complain thread. "GT is not what it used to be"? It isn't, move on already. There's literally all the reasons for you to quit the game, and none to stay. I swear these kinds of players are ones who really get under my nerves
The truth hurts sometimes... :nervous::scared:

- People who complain about others using CSA are hypocrites.

They assert that just because the game makes it available, doesn't mean it's ok to use, because it can make someone faster that they are without it, and gain an advantage.

I'm sure those CSA haters would never adjust their brake bias to help their car rotate better. They would never choose to use the cars that they think will be the fastest. They would definitely never use the fuel economy strategy for race C.

Those things would clearly be attempts to gain a competitive advantage, and they're really against that. :grumpy:

I think that Alsace is unfairly hated on. Yes the scenery is the absolute blandest in the game, but because of its underutilisation in the higher-level races, it's harder to determine a meta vehicle for the track unless someone has really gone and investigated. Additionally, there are no portions of the track which can be exploited by any type of car with a mechanical advantage on paper. These make the BOP regulations actually mean something, as it is up to driving skill on this track, like it should be. Because the first corners in either direction are uphill, it makes them almost 100% divebomb-proof.

I think that Alsace is unfairly hated on. Yes the scenery is the absolute blandest in the game, but because of its underutilisation in the higher-level races, it's harder to determine a meta vehicle for the track unless someone has really gone and investigated. Additionally, there are no portions of the track which can be exploited by any type of car with a mechanical advantage on paper. These make the BOP regulations actually mean something, as it is up to driving skill on this track, like it should be. Because the first corners in either direction are uphill, it makes them almost 100% divebomb-proof.
I never really paid attention to the scenery. I just simply hate the track foe its layout :lol:
The META's probably an Evo or a Trophy, but why'd you want to know?

Unpopular Opinions:
- Inaccurate or bad exhaust notes don't ruin the game for as I believe they don't take away from the fun factor of game.
- GT6 is on par with GT4 as my favorite GT game.
- I couldn't care less about the how accurate the handling of each car is. As long as it feels realistic enough, I'm not complainig.
- GT2 feels like an oversteer simulator.
- I absolutely love the VGTs and feel that they are some of the most enjoyable cars to drive in the series.
- While GT5 isn't my favorite GT anymore, I don't think it's that bad.
- I don't really care about what tracks are put into any GT game;I enjoy the fantasy tracks and the real world tracks equally.
- NA Miata is best Miata.
- I feel like people are being too impatient when it comes to content releases.
- I'd rather drive modern cars that are new to the series than the same 90s JDM cars we've been driving for years.
- The Tomahawk X, 2X andr the e-Tron are the coolest cars in the game.
- GT1 and GT2 had the best soundtracks, but the soundtracks of all the GT games are great in my eyes.
- GTS has the best lighting engine of any racing game to date.
- I feel that GT doesn't have to be as complex as Asetto Cosa or Project Cars when it comes to tuning and physics simulation. Despite the "Real Driving Simulator" slogan, GT is still an entry level sim that I think shouldn't have to be as complex and as realistic as other games to still be fun. Sometimes I think that people don't realize this and want GT to be something that it isn't.

Real GT3 cars have tracktion control so why not use it in the game?

(Geuss that could count as an unpopular opinion aswel. :D )

Because using TCS slows down your lap times. Just turning the wheel too far on a high speed corner where the car will not spin out activates TCS unless you have it on 1 I think, but if using TCS on 1 why not leave it off?? If TCS worked correctly it may be faster but it seems the only TCS adjustments are too sensitive and not sensitive enough, nothing in between.

Sport mode is for everyone no matter how or with what you drive.
Tokyo Outer loop is great.
GR.1 is the best.
Sports tires are for people too afraid to go fast.
The rally tracks should be featured in Sport mode as well.

Agree about the rally tracks. But what an SR disaster that would be lol

As much as I wouldn't mind that, it would be an absolute mess when it comes to 12-16 players in one off-road track.

Nah, I have raced in the Rally Race on GT League a few times with 16 cars and found it quite fun. I wish the game would me run that many cars in a custom race at Fisherman's Ranch or Colorado Springs.

I read that as rally trucks and had flashbacks of the Raptor One-Make from a few months back.

That race was my very first Sport Mode race. That was an odd introduction to sport mode. Oddly enough, if I recall correctly, it was a pretty clean race. Dragon Trails Seaside was the course I believe.

Agree...

And, my unpopular opinions...
1. separate races for controller vs wheel drivers.
2. qualifying should be 7 laps, 5 of which must be ran consecutively clean... the average time of those 5 laps is your qualy time. No 5 consecutive clean laps, no qualy, no race.
3. penalties need to be harsher, and unscrubbale in race.

I've thought about the avg lap times being your qualifier, but I don't think they do that, in reality, do they? (If so, someone educate me, please. )

BUT, I do think, you should have to do a qualifying lap for every race. I don't think you should get to run a qualifier at 8 AM and then be able to do 20 races all day with that one qualifying lap.

As for penalties being harsher. Not sure the penalties will ever suit or make everyone happy. Want to clean up the game? Want to get rid of the idiots who like to dive bomb and take you out of the race, while they can just continue on and deal with a 5 sec penalty? Turn mechanical damage on. Period.

Because using TCS slows down your lap times. Just turning the wheel too far on a high speed corner where the car will not spin out activates TCS unless you have it on 1 I think, but if using TCS on 1 why not leave it off?? If TCS worked correctly it may be faster but it seems the only TCS adjustments are too sensitive and not sensitive enough, nothing in between.

I have found this to be quite true about the TCS. But oddly enough, I have an easier time driving the GR 1 Audi R18 with no TCS than the GR 3 R8. Weird.

Outrun had better handling Ferraris than this. The 458 is a peach round corners in real life, but on ice in GTS. Love the F40 but that's about it.

There are too many cars. Seriously...the best dailies are one makes. Having to know what car to choose for what track means some people are at an instant disadvantage, sometimes a rather big one, and other way round knowing your car is simply better makes it less satisfying. Daytona USA knew how to ...wait...probably showing my age with these posts.

I would badly appreciate it if PD finally decides to put on heavy damage to all Races in Sport Mode or FIA Races.
Yes, I know, at first it would be a harsh step but i‘m absolutely sure that in long terms it will make the races much more realistic.
It would finally thin out the player base and separate the serious from the Sunday drivers.

* Mileage Exchange Points are almost completely pointless.
* The hipsters in Gr. 4 races who drive something other than a Mégane Trophy and make a song and dance about using a different car. Well done, now go fight it out for 15th place while I be a 'sheep' and battle for the win in my Mégane Trophy.

I would badly appreciate it if PD finally decides to put on heavy damage to all Races in Sport Mode or FIA Races.
Yes, I know, at first it would be a harsh step but i‘m absolutely sure that in long terms it will make the races much more realistic.
It would finally thin out the player base and separate the serious from the Sunday drivers.

02719625-0b2f-4b1f-81fa-797787740e60-ba2d6927-a16c-4fb5-9fc1-921754cbdc2e-v1.png

• GT5 wasn't the worst game of the series, GT6 was.

I actually agree. I enjoyed GT5 more than any other game in the series. Thought it was good on release, and they updated it into an even better game over its lifetime...I think they did a really good job with GT5 .
Was really looking forward to GT6 after what they did with 5 but actually ended up really disappointed with it.

- A good share of GT original tracks are better than most real life tracks ever featured in any racing game.
- GT3 was the least memorable main game of the series.
- Low grip tyres are more fun and easier to get the most out of for beginners, people just don't have the patience to try them for more than 3 laps.
- Having a huge starting grid is useless when races are 5 laps.
- Hypercars aren't as great as an addition than people think, most of those who ask for them will complain they're not able to drive them, or stick RSS tyres on them.
- The wheel availability according to cars doesn't make any sense.
- The best racing series ever I've done in any racing game was with FWD cars tuned to 200hp in GT6.
- Nations Cup would make more sense if it was only single make races.
- No setups are fine in Sport Mode. Only allowing a restricted number of parameters to be tuned could be an alternative as well, but full tuning allowed would only increase the gap between drivers.
- Alsace Village is fine.
- The mileage points feature is useless.

Back