Gran Turismo Unpopular Opinions Thread

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 791 comments
I'm sure those CSA haters would never adjust their brake bias to help their car rotate better. They would never choose to use the cars that they think will be the fastest. They would definitely never use the fuel economy strategy for race C.

You do realise that brake bias is a real thing? And that fuel saving is a real thing? Countersteer Assist is not a real thing. It is an assist in the game, to aid those having difficult controlling oversteer either on kerbs or on the exits of corners. Do I think it should exist? Yes, of course. Do I think it makes people faster? Sometimes, especially on tracks where kerbs need to be abused to gain time. Do I think it should be banned in A+ races? Yes. Do I think it should be available below that? Yeah, although still banned in FIA, because you know, official FIA Championship. Gotta be realistic.

Your comparisons are illogical and poorly thought through.

But how is that being the opposite? Aren't modern tracks made slower with overly complicated corner sections and added chicanes?
Yap. But i wouldnt say dragons harbour chicane or alsaces last two corners are hole in one mini golf courses. Anyway, track discussions are an other story, if not a life long endless discussion

Last edited:
You do realise that brake bias is a real thing? And that fuel saving is a real thing? Countersteer Assist is not a real thing. It is an assist in the game, to aid those having difficult controlling oversteer either on kerbs or on the exits of corners. Do I think it should exist? Yes, of course. Do I think it makes people faster? Sometimes, especially on tracks where kerbs need to be abused to gain time. Do I think it should be banned in A+ races? Yes. Do I think it should be available below that? Yeah, although still banned in FIA, because you know, official FIA Championship. Gotta be realistic.

Your comparisons are illogical and poorly thought through.
I didn't bother reading anything after your first two sentences. THIS ISN'T REAL AUTO RACING! What the hell is wrong with people? If you're inside your house, you're not really driving a car. You're lying to yourself if you think you're really racing a car. It's a video game. None of it is real. Wake up!

Edit: I got a little upset by this dude coming after me about what isn't logical, and saying I'm the one who isn't thinking things through.

Last edited:
As much as I wouldn't mind that, it would be an absolute mess when it comes to 12-16 players in one off-road track.

I doubt it would be worse than GR.B on streets of Willow or anything on Monza or Nordschleife. There's plenty room on the rally tracks in GTS.

Another unpopular opinion
GTS is the best in the series yet. I have already spend more time with it than any prior GT game.

I've thought about the avg lap times being your qualifier, but I don't think they do that, in reality, do they? (If so, someone educate me, please. )
BUT, I do think, you should have to do a qualifying lap for every race. I don't think you should get to run a qualifier at 8 AM and then be able to do 20 races all day with that one qualifying lap.
Correct, they do not do this in real life, but, in real life qualifying takes hours, and you make many laps, and you cannot wreck you car in the name of ultimate lap. They also have several practice sessions, with many more hours of running on track.
My opinion is that if you at least forced people to put together 5 consecutive clean laps to enter a race you are doing a few things;
forcing them to be come familiar with the track/car combo.
forcing them to do so at a repeatable(race?) pace.
forcing them to not simply smash/crash their way to some magic lap where it somehow all came together but is in no way repeatable.
In doing the above you are starting a trend of muscle memory... which... I don't know, just might make better racing and matchmaking.
As for penalties being harsher. Not sure the penalties will ever suit or make everyone happy. Want to clean up the game? Want to get rid of the idiots who like to dive bomb and take you out of the race, while they can just continue on and deal with a 5 sec penalty? Turn mechanical damage on. Period.
The best/cleanest racing we've seen was under penalty system in P1.13, which was very strict, and did not try and place blame/innocence.
All cars involved got penalized, no way to "game" that.
For a few days the racing got extremely clean and gentlemanly.
Unfortunately, the player base is mostly folks who want to dive/barge/bang/crash their way to the front as opposed to develop observation skills and race-craft that goes with it, so, they all screamed for their lives and we've had nothing but gamable patch after gameable patch. again.

the above are again, my opinions, all are free to have their own.

The box cover art for the game has the phrase 'The Real Driving Simulator'

and you know, don't get into a hissy fit about my own opinion on a thread called 'Unpopular Opinions'. You have an opinion, so do I.
Perception is reality

I think oval racing is a worthwhile addition to GTS, it's just that the tracks that are made for them are half-baked and sucks big time
Yup, and my greatest race is the 2018 Manufacturer Series Season 2 Round 3 at Blue Moon Bay Speedway. I actually got pole position there, but eventually an Aussie in a Lexus took the victory in my race, and it's full of close combat high speed battles!

Yup, and my greatest race is the 2018 Manufacturer Series Season 2 Round 3 at Blue Moon Bay Speedway. I actually got pole position there, but eventually an Aussie in a Lexus took the victory in my race, and it's full of close combat high speed battles!
Oval racing is sooo much more than just left turns. If you're qualifying by yourself, then okay it is boring, but it's the race that makes it so good. There's racing 100% of the time no matter where you are on track, you gotta time when you overtake, etc. etc.
There's just so many things you can do there that is simply rare or non-existent in road racing. I just wish that we have an actual oval like Daytona and not the thumb-sized Northern Isle and BmB, whose T1 is too tight for my personal taste to

Oval racing is sooo much more than just left turns. If you're qualifying by yourself, then okay it is boring, but it's the race that makes it so good. There's racing 100% of the time no matter where you are on track, you gotta time when you overtake, etc. etc.
There's just so many things you can do there that is simply rare or non-existent in road racing. I just wish that we have an actual oval like Daytona and not the thumb-sized Northern Isle and BmB, whose T1 is too tight for my personal taste to

But it's so boring with GT cars. If they want to add ovals, then they need to add stock cars.

But it's so boring with GT cars. If they want to add ovals, then they need to add stock cars.
This too! How did I forget this?
Now that there's a new F1 on its way, it could substitute as Indy cars. Hopefully...
And also how the penalty system isn't made for bumpdrafting, hence making oval racing dumbed down.
This too. Bumpdrafting, especially teammates, is common to try and break away from the rest of the pack. It can also be used to boost qualifying times. To be fair, I'd understand if PD wouldn't bat an eye to bump drafting if they keep themselves to road racing, but ovals are in Sport mode as well, so...

I think oval racing is a worthwhile addition to GTS, it's just that the tracks that are made for them are half-baked and sucks big time

Not sure whether this was an un/intentionally funny post. :confused: Might just be my warped sense of humour.

But how would they make the oval tracks more interesting? Put a few right hand corners in them?

Not sure whether this was an un/intentionally funny post. :confused: Might just be my warped sense of humour.

But how would they make the oval tracks more interesting? Put a few right hand corners in them?
Scale up the ovals for one. Northern Isle is very small, as well as BB Raceway. More ovals in general- BmB is a good oval, but it may not be to everyone's taste like mine. Adding more ovals with different banking degrees and turn radii can help make the oval racing scene more fun. Those are my ideas on how oval racing might improve, at least for me :)

Time to join in the fun.

• GTS brought back the fun I'm missing from GT. The last time I had too much fun for a GT game was GT3.
  • No need for GT Mode when you have a custom race mode that is very similar of that to GTPSP except with more options. (GTS)
  • Of all fantasy race tracks I enjoyed, SSR11 (with chicanes) is the one I enjoyed the most. Second close is Maggiore and Dragon Trail (both original and Gardens). In fact, I put SSR11 as my all time favorite fantasy track as long as it has the chicanes.
  • In terms of race BGM, I'd put GTS as my favorite. Dis Generation by Tribe Called Quest seals the deal including some like Stepping Stone, BagBak, Run Boy Run, Basilsk, LIFE/THRILLS, and Daiki Kasho songs.
  • Kei car dailies are the best.
  • No need for visual customization other than what we have in GTS right now like the rims, color change, livery editor, etc. Just bring back Concept by Gran Turismo tuned cars so you can satisfy those players.
  • There was no worst GT for me. In fact the correct term for it was least favorite. The least favorite GT for me was the PS3 era GTs (except GT5P which was mentioned before by a user, quality and refinement is there).
  • Planetary GO! by My Chemical Romance was the best GT intro song I've heard. Second would be Automatic (LA Riots Remix) by Weezer.
  • No need for RUFs. We got the real thing now aka Porsche even though we had good memories with RUF from GT2-GT6.
  • GTPSP had the best missions.
  • I love the daily workout and also love the RnG system. Very reminiscent of GT3 except you can't cheat.

Agree...

And, my unpopular opinions...
1. separate races for controller vs wheel drivers.
2. qualifying should be 7 laps, 5 of which must be ran consecutively clean... the average time of those 5 laps is your qualy time. No 5 consecutive clean laps, no qualy, no race.
3. penalties need to be harsher, and unscrubbale in race.
Basically you want a hardcore mode? I've actually got a life off GT Sport and wouldn't even bother with the game if it made me drive 7 laps just to enter a race.

Basically you want a hardcore mode? I've actually got a life off GT Sport and wouldn't even bother with the game if it made me drive 7 laps just to enter a race.
I too have a life, which has me not playing GT Sport these days due to wasted time on account of smashers/bashers/crashers who seem to either not be aware of a brake pedal or where the track goes.

At least it means Sport mode narrows down to people who are actually willing to race cleanly. No troll would put in 7 laps' worth of effort to troll

In the words of my wise president, you are
MOLDIV.jpg

no I don't support him

Back