Gran Turismo Unpopular Opinions Thread

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 791 comments
Trophy was inspired by a soccer player:

%27Unique_Forms_of_Continuity_in_Space%27%2C_1913_bronze_by_Umberto_Boccioni.jpg

"Unique Forms of Continuity in Space, 1913"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unique_Forms_of_Continuity_in_Space

Edit: I should read to the end before posting.

I don't care for Gr.1 and Gr.2 at all.

I used to enjoy the Megane Trophy in GT6 but hate that it's in Gr.4 due to its superior aero and brakes.

Although the driving physics on dirt are not realistic, I have always enjoyed driving GT's dirt tracks, especially in GT3. I miss Tahiti Road, Tahiti Maze and Smokey Mountain :(
I forget the name of it, but the short one that was part dirt and part asphalt was one of my favorites, such a blast to slam into that first corner coming off the asphalt.

Since apparently there's been outcry against the fact that there's optional MTX in GTS as of the new update, I'll just say that to be honest, I don't mind the fact that it's there.

I am kinda stunned that the option isn't there for cars that cost over 2 mil credits though. *cough 330 p4 miura 250 gto xj13 cough*

Gt sport is more enjoyable than any pc sim to date.

Gt sport has the worst ABS interpretation I’ve ever witnessed.

The reduction in launch cars and tracks actually made the game better.

Wet weather can stay away.

:gtpflag:

I must be the only GT player who absolutely hate Deep Forest Raceway.

GT3 doesn't have User Car Dealership, not GT1.
To be honest the new update im not impressed with, the new track has no character and reminds me of track path editor and the merc f1 has released with a bug , the 787b sounds in-accurate and is so easy to drive, theres still no rain and the tyer model change is un-noticeable initially.

The New Release thread is basically everyone moaning and groaning about how bad it is.

People, it's FREE content. Use it, don't, whatever. Boo Hoo, you can't do a livery on the F1 car. Well, no kidding. It's called Marketing. Mercedes doesn't want Ferrari all over it. Why is this such a surprise?

Anyway.. carry on...

My unpopular opinion is - People crying about the daily race to weekly race change should get more of a life, some sunlight, a girlfriend, or some real friends... instead of racing 120 times a day :lol:
The daily race change will definitely make me spend more time doing other things. The dailies (weeklies) are just uninteresting to me, now.

The car selection of GT Sport's arcade modes are the worst I've seen in any racing game because you can't get to sample all the cars in the game there, where there are only eight rental cars, unlike most other games, you either have to unlock cars for use in quick play/free racing/arcade or they are all there already. Either way other games would allow you to sample anything out of everything they offer, be it right away, or as you progress and things get gradually added.

What makes this sound impossible are the fact that garage limits exist (currently 2000 cars in GT Sport), therefore, it might sound ridiculous if one were to buy every car in every color, where I doubt that can happen.

They should make an update to GT Sport and make the car selection like that of Forza, where you can still buy cars and use your garage cars, but you should be able to sample all the cars in the game in arcade mode, at the cost of tuning them and adding custom liveries so that the purpose of using the cars you own and buying cars will not be defeated as they have benefits of being able to have what arcade mode cars don't have: customization and tuning.

Everything else in the game is fun however and I still enjoy GT Sport even to this day.

Sainte-Croix > Monza, Silverstone and Spa
That’s just being controversial on purpose lol.

St. Croix is basically a track from the track editor of past GT games. It’s a longer, more boring version of Alsace.

I really enjoy the rock paper scissors style of racing I seem to get from N900-1000 street cars.

Seeing so many people not wanting to see the original tracks from classic GT games is seriously disheartening for me. Trial Mountain is a gem of a track in my opinion.

I think straight line grip levels are way too low, cornering grip seems good though.

GTS' online lobby system could really use some more features. It would be cool to limit by manufacturer, car model, drivetrain, or country.

I think the original version of the Test Course from GT1/2 should make a comeback. I liked it's forest atmosphere and super steep banking. It would also be super useful for testing 0-60, 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile times ect.

The menu music of GTS is meh and the race music is even more meh. There's only 2 or 3 songs from each that I actually like, the rest forgettable.

The livery editor is nice and all, but I still think it could be much better.

GT1 and 2 have the best menu music of any racing game I've played and I'm pretty sure it won't ever be matched or beaten in future GT titles.

GTS still doesn't feel as complete in terms of level of content as even GT2 for me. I still feel wanting for more, and while I'd only like to see a few cars come along, I'd really like to get some more tracks. There's only two or 3 in the whole game that are of any real interest for me.

Ok, I'll Play:

I agree with Sport Mode penalty system and have never been wronged by it.

"Road" versions of Gr.3 cars (and 911 GT3) have ruined N400-600 classes.

Running any "N" class car on racing tires is dumb.

Running N1-200 on RSS tires is completely absurd (do you even ever let of the gas or use the brakes?).

GT5 and GT6 at the current date and time are much more fun than GTS.

I would prefer ZERO new content to be added in the next update, as long as they fix all the online bugs, to a returning original/real life circuit while still having all the errors.

The menu music of GTS is meh and the race music is even more meh. There's only 2 or 3 songs from each that I actually like, the rest forgettable.

The music has definitely gone downhill - the first couple of games race music tracks were fantastic. The menu music has always made me cringe though.

The music has definitely gone downhill - the first couple of games race music tracks were fantastic. The menu music has always made me cringe though.
Couldn't agree less. I think that the menu music in GTS is great, it's really grown on me. I especially like it when I'm fooling around in scapes. I find it calming and it gives the game an overall relaxed and elegant mood. There are a few tracks that I absolutely love as well.

Back