Gran Turismo World Series Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 335 comments
Man, I'd have loved to see how the Ford GT LM II would've done here. That car is so underrated/unappreciated. It's a rocket on the straights and not too bad on the turns either.

Second Grand Final in a row where chaos ensued. There's no point in even predicting these.

Edit: Anyone else catch a guy in a GT Academy T-Shirt? Looked very much recent, a hint at...something?

Last edited:
I would have easily lost the race for Nissan had I done the 5th lap.
Knowing that I have a 7 second lead, I wouldn't survive the first part of Nurb without spinning
giphy.gif

Knowing that I have a 7 second lead, I wouldn't survive the first part of Nurb without spinning
giphy.gif
Literally me when I had my first Manufacturers Series win at Interlagos. Last few laps was pure anxiety.

Last edited:
Who messed up Subaru's run?? I had it on in the background of a videocall. They seemed to only let cars by. Looked like a crazy race.

Who messed up Subaru's run?? I had it on in the background of a videocall. They seemed to only let cars by. Looked like a crazy race.
They were doing fine but got loose before that first straight bit once entering the Nord portion of the track; they lose a lot of places there and couldn't recover.

Shout out as well to the time of day transitions, some of those onboard shots in the dusk were close to the best I've seen this game look.

Missed TGR GT Cup yesterday. Nevertheless here are today's viewing figures across all 7 Gran Turismo TV & PS feeds on Youtube
  • 16 500 total
  • 6700 main feed peak
  • First time (at least since I started tracking) that all feeds were over 1K
  • French feed record, while Japanese feed was lowest I've recorded thus far
  • Over 15 % increase over last year's World Finals' Manufacturers Cup
  • Noticed that Eurosport streams these events as well (at least since Amsterdam, no idea how long they have done it)
Edit: Few miscalculations corrected, few stats added

Last edited:
Apart from the bowling strike in the end that was a edge of your seat race,they were nose to tail in the nordschleiffe and there were barely any hard bumps.
Also the weather changes serve to show how good GT nails natural lighting,the sunny weather looked amazing.So did the night falling in the last lap.Beautiful. And far ahead other racing games with dynamic TOD or dynamic weather

I didn't get a chance to really dissect the rules, but could Porsche have gotten away with only pitting once?

I would've liked to see a team try to extend the inters for one more lap. Could've been interesting having clean air and no traffic around while everyone else is fighting traffic on cold tires and a drying track.

Last edited:
I didn't get a chance to really dissect the rules, but could Porsche have gotten away with only pitting once?

I would've liked to see a team try to extend the inters for one more lap. Could've been interesting having clean air and no traffic around while everyone else is fighting traffic on cold tires and a drying track.
No. Two-lap stint maximum.

As mentioned, two pits required because there are three drivers on a team. Thus, of course, two stops required to swap drivers two times.

So, my pick for Haywood yesterday netted zero. Today, my pick for Toyota netted zero. I’ve picked New Zealand for the final. Lets See how they go.

As mentioned, two pits required because there are three drivers on a team. Thus, of course, two stops required to swap drivers two times.
Yes, two pits although Porsche also only had two drivers. Though I didn’t catch it, I supposed whoever started the race for Porsche also end the race and the rule was two laps max at a time for them instead of two laps total….

I still feel bad for the guys that came all the way to Spain just to drive 1 lap. They really couldn't have, say, made it 7 laps, maybe make it a tough decision whether to pit on lap 2 or not?

Man I was enjoying that race so muc and it went by so quick, but that manu final felt shorter than what we’ve got in the past right? Quali rcae was 8 laps, then 5 laps (w/rain) at the N24. TBH I was expecting 10+laps for Quali race and like, an hour-long race of the Nurburgring. Enjoyed it nonetheless!

It only now just occurred to me that its been whole years since we've seen the following makes in ANY World Tour races:

Ferrari: I feel like they just simply have NONE of the fast guys and the car being shocking AND old doesn't help.
Audi: I feel like them even being present was mostly carried by the sheer determination of @Tidgney and much like Audi Sport in Real life, they might as well not exist ever since he hasn't competed.
Alfa Romeo: I seriously cannot recall the last time Alfa was even in a World final, hell I don't even remember if they ever were in a World Final period.
Jaguar: As is the case with Alfa, I cannot recall the last time they even were in a final, if at all even.
Peugeot: I recall them during the GT Sport time, but Genuinely can't recall this happening ever since.

Last edited:
It only now just occurred to me that its been whole years since we've seen the following makes in ANY World Tour races:

Ferrari: I feel like they just simply have NONE of the fast guys and the car being shocking AND old doesn't help.
Audi: I feel like them even being present was mostly carried by the sheer determination of @Tidgney and much like Audi Sport in Real life, they might as well not exist ever since he hasn't competed.
Alfa Romeo: I seriously cannot recall the last time Alfa was even in a World final, hell I don't even remember if they ever were in a World Final period.
Jaguar: As is the case with Alfa, I cannot recall the last time they even were in a final, if at all even.
Peugeot: I recall them during the GT Sport time, but Genuinely can't recall this happening ever since.
I might be wrong but I think Ferrari would've qualified for this years events, they had more points than Genesis but sponsor immunity kicked Ferrari out in favour of keeping Genesis in.

Last edited:
Back