Gran Turismo World Series Showdown Preview: Comeback Tour

• Thread starter Famine
  • 197 comments

Sophy running on GT7
Seems like it made corner cutting it's own personality,Kaz has to stop her before it's too late. 😂

Looks like the onboards from the Manufacturers Cup ;-) Sophie could team up with them without no problem..
Interesting part is that its in GT7

With the weather tech in GT7,i'm hoping for some rain in these events,it was cool how the ToD slowly advanced during the Manu race.
And if PD is willing to throw 48 lap races in these events they could throw people a bone in the Daily Races.

With the weather tech in GT7,i'm hoping for some rain in these events,it was cool how the ToD slowly advanced during the Manu race.
And if PD is willing to throw 48 lap races in these events they could throw people a bone in the Daily Races.
I get they can’t run these races on rotation like dailies but they could do them twice a day in the evening or something. Would really invigorate the online user base.

I don't understand why you're trying to create drama elsewhere and then bring it from off the site to here. What's the purpose of either thing?
I am not creating or bringing drama, I just recapped the event there. People also covered recaps of chaotic esports events on the sub.

Last edited:
I did address the graphical errors.
You just posted garbage upon garbage with little value to anything, but yourself and karma?, maybe that is why you didn't you post it in the r/granturismo subreddit you moderate. I wonder how someone with such a negative view on the game can even be a moderator.

You literally posted it in a subreddit called "hobbydrama" and rather than just leaving it there you've brought it here.
Maybe he is hunting upvotes from other people that had issues with the game. I made sure to downvote it of course.

You just posted garbage upon garbage with little value to anything, but yourself and karma?, maybe that is why you didn't you post it in the r/granturismo subreddit you moderate. I wonder how someone with such a negative view on the game can even be a moderator.
Somebody else already posted the lag issues relating to the red flag. The other issues such as Porsche hardware issue also got brought up there.

---

Anyway, was Lee votable for the predictions thing? He sent this earlier this month announcing his absence.

My takeaways from the event.

Fantastic production values and professional presentation. I’ve seen real world races delayed for various reasons. And few did as good a job as the team on site to smooth over the delay.

The racing was very clean and the endurance format worked well. A lesson for PD here. Add more endurance races to GT7. If we had a means to save mid-race (ie at pit stops). I’d quite happily do a Championship consisting of upto 6hr races.

Characters and storylines are important. Drumont made a name for himself with speed and consistency. But it was Solis and his emotion after winning that people will remember.

I’m curious, why are they only doing highlights of the regional finals rather than broadcasting them live?

I’m curious, why are they only doing highlights of the regional finals rather than broadcasting them live?
Can't say for sure, but given that last night ran to 1am and had 50 minutes of dead air being filled by the commentators, interviews, and the Dior thing twice, I guess it's because they want to run as few live races as possible just in case of failure.

That and it's 2hr45 of racing alone.

That Sophy showcase was sort of embarrassing. Been hyped up for a while and yet all we got from it was about 30 seconds of footage (if that?) and 3 of the clips were Sophy punting someone, spinning out, and Gallo beating them.

The most interesting thing we got from this is the Italian GT channel commenting that "we will put it in-game before the end of the year if all goes well" - though what they actually know (or who it is) I have no idea so it's probably meaningless.

1659300260151.png

Last edited:
What a race from Kylian, again. That drop after tyres hit 70 % though.
The drop was Fraga having to save fuel, not tires. He burned all his fuel trying to catch up and had to save massively through the last 3 laps.

The drop was Fraga having to save fuel, not tires. He burned all his fuel trying to catch up and had to save massively through the last 3 laps.
I know that he had to save fuel as well, but I think it was bit of both + there were a lot of comments about the 70 % barrier.

Last edited:
I almost voted for Fraga, glad I didn't. The guy I voted for didn't even make it to the final but hey at least I didn't suffer those last few laps :D

Fraga explaining his strategy
Explaining.gif

But seriously,WHAT A RACE.
Even with penalties it was nail biting,i thought that repeating trial mountain would make for a stale final but i was dead wrong
Only highlights for regional finals was a mistake,either make the races shorter or try another format,we're here for the live action.
Also,a relief that the game didn't shut down again.

Last edited:
Back