Gran Turismo's Fan-Favorite Original Tracks Could Return, says Kazunori Yamauchi

There has been some rumors that Sony will reducing number of 1st party games so that Sony can focus resources to crown jewels. I hope PD gets resurrection to be a great and productive studio in the future. Now ways they work seem to stuck in the past and takes too long time to develop anything. The fact that GT7 was never released on PS4 tells the big picture where we are now.

Hmm, yeah, it's looking more likely that they're saving these tracks for GT7. 'Cause... not only that they should be done with Deep Forest by now but they haven't yet added it to Sport, it also turns out that Daiki Kasho's Nightbird music work was for GT7 as well. That is, if you interpret Alex's non-answer to a fan on Facebook that way...

After the inclusion of SPA, i don't see what other circuits besides Laguna Seca can appear in major suggest than the old original Circuits.
Many of the real circuits are boring, but the old originals had some great feelings and funny things.

While it may be true that old data from PS1 doesn't translate well... Just recreate it. Seriously. Kaz should stay as a creative icon, but PD needs a leadership that can get things done on the timeline modern gamers expect. Kaz fails at that so well he thinks that he is succeeding. He's not.

The only thing keeping GT relevant is graphics. The same game with WRC or NFS level visuals would be on sale in a month.

Kaz needs to step down or go.

They might appear? I'd say everybody in attendance was on the edge of their seats with these pointless answers. Unless he confirms either way the then of course 'they might'.

I love GT as much as anyone and admire much of what PD does but such interviews with Kaz are worthless.

It’s kind of a shame to have none of the original holy trinity in GTS. I remember every time a new iteration would release there’d be an “evolution” video, fading to each new game with the sane car and track combo, which (for now) isn’t possible with the latest game. On top of that, quite a few didn’t even get a proper upgrade in the PS3 era, being largely up-scaled PS2 ports. It’d be excellent to see what these tracks would look like with PD’s current modeling standards.

They might appear? I'd say everybody in attendance was on the edge of their seats with these pointless answers. Unless he confirms either way the then of course 'they might'.

I love GT as much as anyone and admire much of what PD does but such interviews with Kaz are worthless.
I agree with you, Kaz only say irrelevant things and words in the air for whatever interpretation for us

It’s kind of a shame to have none of the original holy trinity in GTS. I remember every time a new iteration would release there’d be an “evolution” video, fading to each new game with the sane car and track combo, which (for now) isn’t possible with the latest game. On top of that, quite a few didn’t even get a proper upgrade in the PS3 era, being largely up-scaled PS2 ports. It’d be excellent to see what these tracks would look like with PD’s current modeling standards.
Maybe the true remake tracks in the PS3 were Apricot Hill, Autumn Ring and Mid field.

Maybe the true remake tracks in the PS3 were Apricot Hill, Autumn Ring and Mid field.

Yeah, Autumn ring was still largely in its PS2 iteration in GT5 but got remodeled for GT6, Apricot hill was absent entirely in 5 but was re-introduced for GT6, and Midfield was a post-launch track in GT6 with significant upgrades.

I think perhaps the most intriguing part of the article was the insight into how PD are going about designing the new generation of original tracks using topographic data from a team that actually goes and scans the environment. Other companies have made fictional locations in their games but that’s really on the next level in terms of detail as far as I’m concerned. Instead of making an environment around the track, they make these new tracks fit the environment, which is why they feel so real compared to any other fictional tracks.

That’s where the problems begin with the old fictional tracks. They were obviously created with the philosophy of making the environment around the track, and that makes them pretty unrealistic by PD’s new standards. I think SSRX is the only place in the game that doesn’t follow that process and it’s environment looks a little out of place (somewhat lower quality) compared to the other tracks.

I wouldn’t have a problem with them bringing back the old tracks with nearly identical environments from GT5 and 6 (a ring of scenery and a skybox), but I think PD really want to take their time and get this right, which is why they are avoiding all questions related to the legacy tracks.

After the inclusion of SPA, i don't see what other circuits besides Laguna Seca can appear in major suggest than the old original Circuits.
Many of the real circuits are boring, but the old originals had some great feelings and funny things.

I thoroughly enjoyed Sonoma from GT4 & would also love to see Watkins Glen added to the franchise. As someone else mention, Road America is one that I would enjoy being added. But as for original creations from past games: Red Rock Valley. Based upon their field trip to a real location, they could easily look around Arizona/New Mexico & find their inspiration to settle RRV into it.

I’m a weirdo and I know it, but Hong Kong and Mid-Field would be my go-to adds.

(I know the first doesn’t stand a ghost of a chance)

Last edited:
Seattle Circuit, God I miss that track.

This is the thing that make me worry about the return of these tracks,Seattle is fun but good lord it makes macau look like the safest track in the world.Those uphill jumps in Seattle have to be adjusted so we dont end up taking air with a GT3 car in a street circuit.

This is the thing that make me worry about the return of these tracks,Seattle is fun but good lord it makes macau look like the safest track in the world.Those uphill jumps in Seattle have to be adjusted so we dont end up taking air with a GT3 car in a street circuit.

Perfectly agreed, same goes for those Matterhorn tracks with crazy steep hills, maybe even Cape Ring with that weird jump near the circular ramp.

Too many old tracks would be unraceable online. Can you imagine Eiger Nordwand online? What a mess that would be

Silverstone is the other big one I see coming back, especially with FIA support. I can see 5-7 new tracks remaining for GT Sport’s update life, and I’d wager we’ll see:
Silverstone (see above)
Laguna Seca (complete with Silverstone and Spa, the holy trinity of requested real-life tracks to return)
One or two new-to-series real-life tracks
Additional tarmac layouts to an existing dirt course a la Sardegna (so Colorado Springs is my guess)
One other returning real-life track (Ascari or Motegi most likely)
One returning original fictional track for the goodbye update (Deep Forest, because they’ve been working on it the longest)

I wouldn’t expect to see any of the original tracks back on GT Sport except for maybe dropping one or two as a final update. At this point, have to keep the carrot to motivate people to buy the new GT and PS5.

I wouldn't mind any of the classic original circuits returning (I'd love to give Cape Ring a try), but if there's one original circuit that deserves to return it's Grand Valley. That track is arguably the flagship original circuit. The 300km race could be a GT League Group 3 event.

As long as he’s basically confirming these originals coming back in a future game like gran turismo 7. That’s absolutely fine. I just hope they’re happy with what sport is and still working on making a future game somewhat similar to every other installment of GT.

Indeed. Knows how to get fans foaming at the mouth in anticipation, then leaving them hooked on the line for 2 or 3 years :lol:.
Seriously though, it'd be really awesome if PD put out a fan poll: Please List ONLY 3 tracks you would love to see return to GT
and maybe once it's all tallied up, the most requested 3 tracks get to go into GT7 :)

Something like that anyway.
Why limit it to three tracks? :confused:

What Kaz says about most things is always pretty vague and open to interpretation, these latest quotes are no different imho. :rolleyes:

With each new version of the game they should just give what was there before and add. Maybe not for all cars, because some versions of the game have had a lot of cars, but definitely tracks. It is not as if they have to replicate and improve hundreds of tracks. ;)

A lot of the work has been done for the older tracks over many years for each version of the game they have been in, so it is not as if they would be starting from scratch to make them for the current game. The only reasons I can think of for them not adding the previous tracks is that they were keeping them for a 'proper' GT release, or they really don't want to use them again. :( I hope I am wrong and most, if not all the tracks from previous games return in a future GT game. :) I don't think we will get any in GT Sport though, unless the next GT game is many years away, which given PD's track record, could be a possibility. :guilty: :rolleyes:

I foresee a christmas holiday update with 6 of the original tracks, Deep forest, Trial mountain, Grand valley, Apricot hill, Mid field & Autumn ring.
Wow! :eek: You are an optimist. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back