Gran Turismo's Fan-Favorite Original Tracks Could Return, says Kazunori Yamauchi

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Nov 6, 2019.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

“I think the possibility is there. I wouldn’t say no.”

You gotta love this guy and his expertise in playing with words :D

3. SuperKlonoaGT

SuperKlonoaGT

How long ago was it that Kaz said that Deep Forest was in the works? I don't remember.

EDIT: Nvm, it's linked in the article itself. My bad.

Been a while, then. It should be done by now...

4. 05XR8

05XR8

At this stage, I'd say keep moving forward. Many of us want(and probably need) classic circuits and drag strip ;), but the thought of possible future new locations, I can get behind him in that.

Qyn, I-Runner, Coquico and 6 others like this.
  5. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

2020 will be the perfect year to add back every single original fantasy GT track back in GTS. Don't mess Kaz, make it happen!

6. GT235

GT235

When I read this article, my hope of having the classic Gran Turismo tracks is more vivid, both original and city circuits, fingers crossed for this to happen. :D

Daduce1947, Tenacious D, Qyn and 3 others like this.
  7. KilzoneStrife

KilzoneStrife

Seattle Circuit, God I miss that track.

8. queleuleu

queleuleu

After two years of support, I take anything as a bonus. At this point, I wish Poly keeps this track for next gen. Some real tracks are still missing like Silverstone or Laguna Seca.
    Grand Valley, Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, Midfield Raceway, Apricot Hil... These tracks are like the treasure of Gran Turismo and I'm sure Poly wants the best hardware available to showcase them. Next gen is just around the corner and a reveal trailer with classic GT tracks would be amazing for fans.

9. VeeDoubleU

VeeDoubleU

None of them will be added to GTSport

Alpha Cipher, Dezcom, IXON009 and 9 others like this.
  10. Famine

Famine Administrator

Thanks for actually reading it :lol:

11. Vspectra

Vspectra

Save them for PS5 Gran Turismo, the detail Polyphony will be able to add to these tracks will be insane without PS4 limitations.

12. Ddkklop

Ddkklop

Honestly, out of all the cars and real world tracks, original GT tracks are the ones I want to see being added the most.

13. Zychotic1

Zychotic1

please, Kaz, pretty please...

Grand Valley, Autumn Ring, Apricot Hill, and SSR11

I've been a GT addict since the demo showed up as a free rental(with rental) at block buster... I must have rented 10 different games never to have stuck the disc in the console, just played the 2 car 1 track demo.... Please help make this OG happy by giving us back our tracks.

it would be nice to see other lesser remembered tracks return too... Grindelwald, Rome night, and now that we actually have karts how about Motorsports land?

the real circuits from previous games would be nice to have back as well... Indy, Sonoma, Laguna seca ...
    would be very cool to have Road Atlanta and Road America make an appearance too but I know thats really just wishful thinking

Gr8_Lakes, Interstellar9, Qyn and 5 others like this.
  14. wagnerFAM98

wagnerFAM98

Coming sooner or later, I just hope they don't officially die for future releases.

By the way it's great to hear a refreshed answer about it, now I can sleep in peace.

Qyn, sirjim73 and TrafficEmpire like this.
  15. Satomiblood

Satomiblood

I’m at least glad that he hasn’t ruled out their inclusion, whether it’s in GTS or a later installment.

Qyn, Pigems and AgentBlackDog like this.
  16. LR-MR-Cole

LR-MR-Cole

Kaz is the best at feeding us BS. "Modern GT game" He means a GT newer then Sport

17. Loverson

Loverson

Either way i really want those track to appear in the future.
    I still think it is amazing how a series started with only fantasy tracks ended up gaining real world tracks and so on.
    Even more surprising how much impact they left.

18. karelpipa

karelpipa

Japanese people never tell no, so they tend to say something like this all the time. I dont think they actually plan it in a big way.

19. Sploshington

Sploshington

Indeed. Knows how to get fans foaming at the mouth in anticipation, then leaving them hooked on the line for 2 or 3 years :lol:.
    Seriously though, it'd be really awesome if PD put out a fan poll: Please List ONLY 3 tracks you would love to see return to GT
    and maybe once it's all tallied up, the most requested 3 tracks get to go into GT7 :)

Something like that anyway.

20. MMRivit

MMRivit

El Capitan and the three Cathedral Rocks trails would look particularly fantastic with a current/next-gen treatment.

21. unit-one

unit-one

I really miss Trial Mountain. =(

22. Captaingreg

Captaingreg

Trial Mountain and Deep Forest = yes please!

The Cake, pestre, sangdude82 and 6 others like this.
  23. BrunusCL82

BrunusCL82

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  24. MIE1992

MIE1992

I don't think Kaz is trying to "BS" us, I think it's more that he legitimately can't give a solid "yes or no" answer as a consequence of how game development naturally works. There's a lot of things that can happen in development that could become factors in whether some of the older original courses make the cut or not. Some of them may've also been there to expand the track list for a title that doesn't have many licensed tracks, whereas in more recent GT games, I'm seeing a lot more licensed stuff.

I think a lot of the older original circuits would be really bad for racing online, if they were brought forward without any changes. Some would likely need more run-off areas, especially Trial Mountain. I do also really like the use of real-world locales for more of the latest courses, as Kaz mentions with Croatia and Provence. Then there were the city courses, where I think a decent amount of them could be replaced with Formula E Circuits set at identical locales - especially for NYC and Hong Kong. I really like the idea of city courses being made up of actual roads, but potentially in a fictional configuration, like with Tokyo R246. (Speaking of which, I'd love to see the actual Tokyo highways as courses, much like how they do appear as scapes, though I'm unsure if the existence of Tokyo Expressway would keep that from happening somehow.) Heck, with today's technology, I could see there being a track editor that's set at these various cities, and lets you map out your own city course around a fixed start/finish straight. This particular mode would offer less freedom than prior track creators, but those previous editors and locales could still appear, (e.g. Mt. Aso, Eifel, Toscana, and Death Valley) and by using this city course editor, some factors would become a non-concern for aspiring course designers, such as trackside scenery. I wouldn't mind the GT5 procedural track generator being present as an additional course creation mode, either.

But I digress. If we do consider online racing, I'd at least bring back Autumn Ring, Apricot Hill, and Mid-Field Raceway, but the others would likely need notable changes to keep online racing from being a complete mess. (Some would still be great for driving, though, like Circuito de la Sierra, and I'd love to see the Time Rally mode return in general.) I feel like for the most part, it's nostalgia talking instead of an actual praise of the track designs, but as I may've alluded to previously, I do think some of these original circuits have merit in returning.

I mean, I could see High Speed Ring needing some serious changes to make it better for online. And the turns at Grand Valley after that first hairpin (I recall one goes through a brief tunnel) would likely need some adjustments, too.

I think it depends on what goals PD and Kaz have for a given installment's track list. Said goals could very well make some tracks necessary to reappear, get revised, or be left behind. I don't think more is always better, especially when you consider both the player side and developer side of things. (Which is why I'm a Pokemon fan that supports GameFreak's decision regarding the Galar Dex - especially given their statements on how the "cut" species and mechanics will still return in future installments - but that's another matter.) I doubt that all, or even most original circuits will reappear in the next game, and I can't say I mind that at all, given that they were made at a different time, for a different console with different limitations, likely for a different amount of cars, and potentially with an older knowledge of track design on PD's end.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  25. wagnerFAM98

wagnerFAM98

Oh yeah you're right! It would be a great complex for GT Sport (or a later installment).

Yosemite_ElC.jpg

Noname0529, Dezcom, LeGeNd-1 and 4 others like this.
  26. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

PD don’t operate like that :D their unexpected moves seem like random ideas that they agree on at some weird party or something...

27. WJHMH

WJHMH Premium

"Could return" but I'm not counting on it.

28. evldave333

evldave333

Would love some apricot hill action... I think his referring to a modern GT game is interesting maybe these tracks will feature in the next GT game not necessarily GT Sport...

Gr8_Lakes and Dave Beerman like this.
  29. AngryKowski

AngryKowski

We already got some classic orginal tracks in gt sport. well, they will be classic in the future, so enjoy them as long as you can, cause they will be gone in the next iteration :)

30. alp

alp

He said he won't rule it out but I believe they will do it because he sounds convinced that players would also like to see those tracks make a come back.

Daduce1947 likes this.