Gran Turismo's Fan-Favorite Original Tracks Could Return, says Kazunori Yamauchi

I just hope we keep get cars and track for the next year, Original track to real world and of corse don’t for get rain on more tracks,

I may be partly responsible for bringing awareness to the original tracks at live events. Just ask anyone that has played the old GT's in my hotel room. :lol:

But anyways, it's hard for me to see any of these classics back until GT7. However, I firmly believe that a few of the original tracks should not only return but be mainstays into the future. I've made this argument before but part of just about any sports is remembering its history, whether it's drivers or prior venues. With motorsports in particular, places like Indianapolis, Daytona and Monaco remain active while the same can't be said for many other historical tracks that fans wish we could return to but can't for many reasons. The one advantage Gran Turismo has is that the virtual world doesn't have those restrictions.

If they do bring back original circuits at some point, my instinct tells me that they would need to be suitable for FIA races. In that regard, that would include:

Grand Valley Speedway - My guess is that this would be the crown jewel of the original circuits, the first one likely to be showcased. East Course covers lower spec racing.
Special Stage Route 5 - I could see PD using this circuit to show off from a technical standpoint. Clubman has similar function to GV East. If they were daring, they could do a connecting point to Route 11 like many have postulated in the past.
Apricot Hill - Based on league racing in older GT's, this track can handle just about any class of racing.
Midfield Raceway - Given how often it has shown up in prior GT's, I could see it doing so once more.

This is the thing that make me worry about the return of these tracks,Seattle is fun but good lord it makes macau look like the safest track in the world.Those uphill jumps in Seattle have to be adjusted so we dont end up taking air with a GT3 car in a street circuit.
I dont mind a slight readjustment. I would just love to see it back :)

If the classic tracks are somehow returning for GT Sport, I wonder how they would make this little scene happen at the FIA events. Basically it's about showing the track's location from the world map whether it is a real race track or not, as I show here with a Sardegna Road example, which is a fictional track. Obviously, this happens because every track on GTS, being it real or not, has a specific location, so it's okay to include that little touch in the FIA events without any problem.

With that said, my question is: if none of the classic original tracks have a specified location, how would they make this little track introduction scene?

Would they "choose" a world location based on landscapes like they did with SSRX or would they skip doing this intro on the live events?

I know it seems stupid to care about such a tiny detail like this, but if the classic tracks are coming back to GTS at some point, they'll definitely show up at the FIA events first, and consequently this little animation will happen... I'm just kinda curious about it.

[English] World Tour 2019 - Tokyo _ Nations Cup 32m6.7s - 32m14.8s (7UqhTsD7cyI).gif

My bet would be we won’t get them until gt7 or what the next game will be called. I guess we will have around 400-500 cars at launch if It release in 2021

Well they should return the more exciting tracks instead of recreating new ones in general. Like Tokyo Expressway in place of Tokyo R246 or SS tracks (esp. SSR11).

Interviews on this topic are so pointless and unsatisfying lol. We got to know the original track creating process so that's cool I guess.
But as for original creations from past games: Red Rock Valley. Based upon their field trip to a real location, they could easily look around Arizona/New Mexico & find their inspiration to settle RRV into it.
Finding places in the world the original tracks could fit in would make for an interesting thread if it doesn't already exist.

I'm slightly surprised that they included so many new original tracks, given the extra effort of designing/rendering them.
Them there's the effort of digitally scanning the real-world tracks..
Surely raiding the back-catalogue of existing tracks and refreshing them would've been easier?

(Grand Valley, R246, El Capitan, Midfield, Red Rock & Seattle for me, please!)

There's so many original circuits to choose from. My top 7 circuits would be:

1) Seattle Circuit
2) Grand Valley
3) Trial Mountain
4) Red Rock Valley
5) Coasta D'Amalfi
6) Rome Circuit
7) Deep Forest

And one honourable mention:
Tahiti Road and the reason for this mention because like PD did with Sardegna and Dragon Trail, they can do the same by including Tahiti Maze.

In Yamauchi-speak this means there are no plans to include classic tracks in future releases or games.
Right. This --> “I think the possibility is there. I wouldn’t say no.” is not even an answer.
It essentially means he doesn't want to bum out the fans by saying the truth, which is that it's not gonna happen in this game, but it may occur in the next PS5 game.

Where is the I want real tracks not fake ones crowd.

Honestly you cannot call yourself a GT fan if you have no love for the old ficitional tracks that made GT so great.

Lets be honest GT made tracks like Stage route 5 or 11 has so much more character than real life tracks. Not to say real life tracks are bad they are always welcome.

Where is the I want real tracks not fake ones crowd.

Honestly you cannot call yourself a GT fan if you have no love for the old ficitional tracks that made GT so great.

Lets be honest GT made tracks like Stage route 5 or 11 has so much more character than real life tracks. Not to say real life tracks are bad they are always welcome.

I share these thoughts and take this as a positive that at some stage we may see the possibility of inclusion in a GT game but I don't
expect to see them in Sport.

My person favourites of the originals are the Grand Valley Speedway and all the Special Stage variations but I really would like to see Hong
Kong added as well along with Seattle Circuit so my hopes are that this coming update in November and December so some signs of what
content we might be seeing in 2020 track wise.

Probably gonna cause a major upset here but how about they call the next GT Gran Turismo Master Collection and include all the original
games as well, that way I'd be happy as I am sure would a few others?

If the classic tracks are somehow returning for GT Sport, I wonder how they would make this little scene happen at the FIA events. Basically it's about showing the track's location from the world map whether it is a real race track or not, as I show here with a Sardegna Road example, which is a fictional track. Obviously, this happens because every track on GTS, being it real or not, has a specific location, so it's okay to include that little touch in the FIA events without any problem.

Well, from the description of how their original tracks are created, they are done so with a location in mind, so that would fix that 'problem'. And even if they didn't do that for the older tracks, they can make up a location. :rolleyes: And if none of the tracks were to be used in an FIA event, there would be no problem. ;)

In 2018, I opened a poll about the five favorite circuits of the community. And it seems that the Trial Moutain, Deep Forest, Grand Valley and Midfield Raceway quartet are the favorites.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...nd-you-want-in-gts-five-choices.375960/page-2

It is likely that someone from PD has already received this feedback. After all, GTPlanet is a famous forum and the main discussion center for franchise games.

Back