Gran Turismo's Fan-Favorite Original Tracks Could Return, says Kazunori Yamauchi

No one mentioned here but I think the ole slot car track, Red Rock Valley would be super fun in GT S with some of the car models we have. That one was in GT 2. I am still double taking hat the game does not at least have Grand Valley and a version of GV 300. Almost don't seem like a legit GT game without that.
If racing on banked tracks is an American thing, I can see RRV hosting series like IndyCar and NASCAR, the latter having been in GT5 and 6. Maybe it could get an oval layout too.

Probably due to IOMTT and PPIHC, it is affecting such tracks already coming back and them deciding to create new fantasy tracks and redoing real tracks from before as well so quite a big undertaking due to the high level of accuracy they aim for. At least we know we will Soon™ get them one day.

Anyway PDI should be bribed with cookies to create a code that can access old tracks on GT Sport and inform us of this Cookie Code™.

Currently playing through GT1 whilst I've got nothing better to do and the original tracks are just so, so good.

I can completely understand how they wouldn't fit in with the current hyper-realism feel of the rest of the track list but if there was a way as a thank you to all of us for 20+ years of playing the series to fit them in somehow it'd be brilliant.

I’m going to go ahead and add High Speed Ring and Autumn Ring to the list of tracks that are the most ready to make the jump to 4K. Apricot Hill and Midfield are the others. I don’t think they have too many problem areas for online racing. At least I don’t know see them being more problematic than some of the other tracks currently in the game.

Last edited:
Hong Kong would be pretty amazing with their current or next gen graphics engine with all the lights and stuff
images

I think GT Sport will only get Real World circuits since its a Fia Based Title...there's still a bunch more like Laguna Seca, Silverstone, Motegi....

Original circuits will fit perfectly and create demand for the "Traditional next GT game".

Image seeing a reveal trailer on Deep Forest with some OG cars.

I think that's what PD is working on.

Why have you used this image as a response? There's nothing wrong with the post you're replying to.
Probably trying to divert the topic into a political one in a thread that's related to GT Sport just because HK was mentioned.

I more refer to certain protest that happens to said region as for late. Its pretty sad, messed up, and lasted for way too long, that's all I can say.

Its a "ehh nevermind" meme for those who asking.

There is nothing wrong with this meme in regards to current events in Hong Kong. I think its good that forums like this remain non political but the occasional sideways look into current events shouldnt be divisive.

Probably trying to divert the topic into a political one in a thread that's related to GT Sport just because HK was mentioned.
I don't think he was making a political statement. JESUS. You guys are looking WAYYYY to far into a harmless post about a track which featured in GT4.

Anyways....

Its funny that people actually complaining about Kaz vague wording. It's not on your right to know any companies product release schedules / plans and it's up to them to decide what's next. All we can do is give suggestions and hoping.

Last edited:
Anyways....

Its funny that people actually complaining about Kaz vague wording. It's not on your right to know any companies product release schedules and plans and it's up to them to decide what next. All we can do is give suggestions and hoping.
That's exactly why he said he wants to keep quiet. That was before GTS, I think, in large part due to how harsh the criticism gets when he lets content slip and the "promise" he made turns him into the bad guy. He can be really off a lot of the time. Patience, grasshopperers.

I'm going to assume that this is just a video showcasing the evolution of the R32 and that Dragon Trail (Seaside) is a fantasy track that's arguably the closest approximation to Trial Mountain available in GTS. I'd love to be wrong, though.

You know what, I always felt these new fictional tracks were kind of substitutes for some of the classic ones using resembling aspects.

For example, as you said, Dragon Trail could be the new Trial Mountain (both have tunnels and are located near rocky mountains).
Lago Maggiore could be the new Grand Valley (both are long and technical tracks and are divided into other layouts to create shorter variants).
Tokyo Expressway could be the new Special Stage routes (both are located on a city expressway).
Kyoto Driving Park could be the new Apricot Hill (combination of fast esses and a similar hairpin).

and so it goes...

Of course, I hope I'm 100% wrong, but I always felt like that, at least for GT Sport.

You know what, I always felt these new fictional tracks were kind of substitutes for some of the classic ones using resembling aspects.

For example, as you said, Dragon Trail could be the new Trial Mountain (both have tunnels and are located near rocky mountains).
Lago Maggiore could be the new Grand Valley (both are long and technical tracks and are divided into other layouts to create shorter variants).
Tokyo Expressway could be the new Special Stage routes (both are located on a city expressway).
Kyoto Driving Park could be the new Apricot Hill (combination of fast esses and a similar hairpin).

and so it goes...

Of course, I hope I'm 100% wrong, but I always felt like that, at least for GT Sport.

I consider Dragon Trail, Lago Maggiore, and Kyoto Driving Park to be a new "Holy Trinity" of sorts. They're great tracks, but I've felt burnt out playing them again and again. I feel that way about much of the track list. It'd be great if that video were a cryptic message from PD.

...Uh, I know you're probably already on the ground at Monaco by now, but when can we expect your videos to be posted, Jordan? It's been a week now.

Sorry in advance for being a bit impatient, btw. lol

EDIT: Whoops, wrong thread. Sorry again. ^_^;

Back