Gran Turismo's New York Event is Open to the Public, August 24-25

Well, what more else could it be than Laguna Seca?

It could be any reasonably well-known racetrack on the planet.

Laguna Seca is an American track that has been included in many previous GT games, and the event is in the USA.

But then again there was no obvious reason why Autopolis would be included in the game earlier this year, yet it dropped just before the Paris World Tour event.

I won't be disappointed with whatever track they include in any case.

It could be any reasonably well-known racetrack on the planet.

Laguna Seca is an American track that has been included in many previous GT games, and the event is in the USA.

But then again there was no obvious reason why Autopolis would be included in the game earlier this year, yet it dropped just before the Paris World Tour event.

I won't be disappointed with whatever track they include in any case.
While Laguna Seca is a good track, I've been thinking of another track like Daytona since it's also from the USA, too.

Maybe I'm over-complicating this, but going off of Jordan's comment, if I'm interpreting it right, it's a track never before seen in a GT game.
I'm not sure about the cars, but you will be seeing a new (real-world) track...

The current list of real life tracks that have been featured in a previous installment are:
Ascari
Daytona
Indianapolis
Laguna Seca
Pikes Peak
Silverstone
Sonoma
Spa
Twin Ring Motegi.

Maybe I'm over-complicating this, but going off of Jordan's comment, if I'm interpreting it right, it's a track never before seen in a GT game.

The current list of real life tracks that have been featured in a previous installment are:
Ascari
Daytona
Indianapolis
Laguna Seca
Pikes Peak
Silverstone
Sonoma
Spa
Twin Ring Motegi.
They're probably saving most of these tracks for GT7.

Sorry, I'm flying in. :P

I'm not sure about the cars, but you will be seeing a new (real-world) track...

That's a good question. It depends on what configuration the venue will be in. It could be configured to hold a few hundred people or it could be configured to hold its maximum capacity of 2,100. When I find out from the organizers I'll share here.

At the EMEA Regional Finals in Madrid, which had seating for 500, there was hundreds more people lined up outside who did not make it. However, that event did take place at Madrid Games Week (like a Spanish E3) which was already packed with gamers. I doubt the crowd will be so intense at this stand-alone event, so it might not be hard to get in at all, but I could very well be wrong.

I didn't mention it in the article, but an official Facebook "event" has been created here. It was posted a day ago and already has 170 people confirmed as "attending" and 543 "interested".

I don't know who you are referring to, but I haven't seen anything on the public or private schedules about any type of performance other than the press conference and racing events.

The normally show us new cars for next update in the events. But it might not happen every time

The point is there is no rhyme or reason to it! A New York event doesn't necessarily mean a New York track... Monaco is an example of why that is the case. That's not to say it's impossible however...
Exactly. My point was WHY COULD IT NOT? IF the reason for Monaco was whatever and we DID NOT get a NY track DURING the event, so be it. I'm not crying about it. There is nothing saying it COULD NOT happen.

We all know PD do what they do. They do the unexpected. That's what we expect from them.

Exactly. My point was WHY COULD IT NOT? IF the reason for Monaco was whatever and we DID NOT get a NY track DURING the event, so be it. I'm not crying about it. There is nothing saying it COULD NOT happen.

We all know PD do what they do. They do the unexpected. That's what we expect from them.
That should be PD’s motto: Always expect the unexpected

I think 50/50 it's either a USA or Japanese track because half the time it seems like the answer is a Japanese track (what's the daily races? whats the next FIA race? if I throw a wet tissue at the track screen what will it hit?).

Sebring has never featured in Gran Turismo. It is the circuit I want the most as I have never tried it in a game and it looks a decent challenge. I won't get my hopes though.
Sebring is good if you’re a masochist. Those bumps on Forza 7 are absolute hell on Earth, and god can only imagine the chaos that gran turismo sport’s Realistic Suspension Model can cause when a bunch of DR Ds pile into the final corner

I think I'm gonna go to this on Saturday. I'm off and it's a quick train ride into the city. Just park my car at the station and buy a round trip ticket for the day. I'll probably be wearing my white Senna cap.

Sebring is good if you’re a masochist. Those bumps on Forza 7 are absolute hell on Earth, and god can only imagine the chaos that gran turismo sport’s Realistic Suspension Model can cause when a bunch of DR Ds pile into the final corner
That did cross my mind! I'd love to try it though. GT would probably have a smooth version as Polyphony like to reduce bumps.

I am super lost on some of the people who keep thinking its a track from previous games while it was said clearly "New (Real World) Track". Pretty sure if it was a returning one, it would have been specified.

Only new track given the location I could see making sense is Watkins Glen. Its never been in a previous title, has two configurations and there is the Microscopic chance (Same odds as my world finals hopes) that "Partnership" might be IMSA

I am super lost on some of the people who keep thinking its a track from previous games while it was said clearly "New (Real World) Track". Pretty sure if it was a returning one, it would have been specified.

Only new track given the location I could see making sense is Watkins Glen. Its never been in a previous title, has two configurations and there is the Microscopic chance (Same odds as my world finals hopes) that "Partnership" might be IMSA
Could be new to the game...
Everytime before an update people ask if are we getting new cars/tracks.
That new doesn't specify anything.

Back