Gran Turismo's New York Event is Open to the Public, August 24-25

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Aug 18, 2019.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

p1n0yi30y, Dezcom, Guffaluff and 6 others like this.
  2. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

I hope to see some of you there. If you're going, let me know!

3. ss3

ss3

I wish I had money. If I did I would 100% go.

girabyt3 likes this.
  4. SpecMiata-JSW

SpecMiata-JSW Premium

I would love to go, but NY is so.....far.....away.....from Florida. :(

Have fun to all attending and participating, I'm sure it will be a great venue!

5. phillkillv2

phillkillv2

Dammit. I'm supposed to be in NY 3 days after. I wish they would run it for a longer time.

6. Clean Racer

Clean Racer

I'm close but first come first serve means I probably won't make it in if I do go. They should have had a larger venue and sold tickets a a reasonable price.

7. opelgt1969

opelgt1969 Premium

Uhhh Jordan you reckin i's could catch a ride with you I'm almost on the way there? Yes the reckin and the i's says we live close by.

8. AlanH49

AlanH49

If anyone’s reading from the PlayStation Gear store. Please make those t-shirts available in the UK & US stores. Along with any other memorabilia.

ViperV10 and Cerebral303 like this.
  9. Ande3200

Ande3200

Hopefully we will see some Nice new cars featured in the event.

10. SZRT Ice

SZRT Ice

What [do you think/would you suggest] is the [best/most reasonable] time to arrive to assure entry?

p1n0yi30y likes this.
  11. SuperKlonoaGT

SuperKlonoaGT

...Yep, that venue looks quite huge. o_o

Any idea if you-know-who is going to be there performing? 'Cause I have someone on Twitter who's wondering as well.

If not, ah well. Regardless, have fun there, you lucky New Yorkers. ^_^

12. Auditore

Auditore

Hope it lives up to the hype,this could be huge for GT Sport if they pull it off

ViperV10 and AgentBlackDog like this.
  13. opelgt1969

opelgt1969 Premium

Yesterday

p1n0yi30y and QC YALUM like this.
  14. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

Sorry, I'm flying in. :p

I'm not sure about the cars, but you will be seeing a new (real-world) track...

That's a good question. It depends on what configuration the venue will be in. It could be configured to hold a few hundred people or it could be configured to hold its maximum capacity of 2,100. When I find out from the organizers I'll share here.

At the EMEA Regional Finals in Madrid, which had seating for 500, there was hundreds more people lined up outside who did not make it. However, that event did take place at Madrid Games Week (like a Spanish E3) which was already packed with gamers. I doubt the crowd will be so intense at this stand-alone event, so it might not be hard to get in at all, but I could very well be wrong.

I didn't mention it in the article, but an official Facebook "event" has been created here. It was posted a day ago and already has 170 people confirmed as "attending" and 543 "interested".
    I don't know who you are referring to, but I haven't seen anything on the public or private schedules about any type of performance other than the press conference and racing events.

queleuleu, Warte, poumpoum and 5 others like this.
  15. Loverson

Loverson

If this event gets a big success, hopefully rest of the tours get to have public access.

Was sad Paris wasn't open for everyone.

16. Savolainen83

Savolainen83

Please be Tokyo Route 246, please be Tokyo Route 246... :D:lol::p;):gtpflag:

AgentBlackDog, GTFan24 and Animedeaf like this.
  17. girabyt3

girabyt3

Tbh, GT has to come to latinamerica (Peru specially)!! Hopefully one day they can!! :D:D

Petroperu and AgentBlackDog like this.
  18. SuperKlonoaGT

SuperKlonoaGT

Sorry, I meant Daiki Kasho. I just thought that since this is taking place at a venue mostly used for music concerts... ^_^;;

But thanks for replying, though. I'll let my friend and other fans know.

AgentBlackDog and Jordan like this.
  19. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

Not R246...

He’s never been to any of the events as far as I know (maybe Tokyo last year — I wasn’t there for that one but nobody mentioned seeing him).

Lenny Ibizarre has DJ’d most of the World Tour after-parties, but those are closed to the public, and so far I have only seen Lenny at European events. (He wasn’t in Vegas last year.)

20. BanditRa101801

BanditRa101801

@Jordan I am planning to be there! I am going to get there early since I am taking the train in. I am really excited for this event and I hope I meet many more people from GTPlanet.

Petroperu and Jordan like this.
  21. Famine

Famine Administrator

Even if it had been, it would have been a terrible idea because it was in the middle of Gilet Jaunes demonstrations. Place de la Concorde was absolutely deserted, except for the occasional police car, and there were barricades for streets around it. We had to take passports and invitation letters to get to the venue...

22. SuperKlonoaGT

SuperKlonoaGT

Ah, yeah, I recall a few members here going to his after-parties. Plus I think he briefly appeared in one of the highlight videos on the GT YouTube channel...

It's kinda odd, though. After PD's very first attempt at a live event on Ustream in 2012 with a Daiki concert at the end, you'd think they/Kaz would want to keep the tradition going with these newer live events. But as somebody here said, Kaz indeed works in mysterious ways... lol

ProjectF, AgentBlackDog and Jordan like this.
  23. TrafficEmpire

TrafficEmpire

Two quick questions: when you say you’re not sure about the cars, do you mean you’re not sure there will be new cars or that you’re not sure what the new cars are?

Second, is this track new to the Gran Turismo universe?

Thanks in advance.

24. Envoxeb

Envoxeb

spa

25. Madandys

Madandys

I'd love someone to grab me a black gt t shirt and dispatch it to the UK.
    Of course I'll pay. If anyone is willing. Buy a medium size. Contact me. I'll PayPal you

AgentBlackDog and Cerebral303 like this.
  26. Tom

Tom Premium

Looking forward to hopefully seeing a few of you there!

27. dimassa19

dimassa19

"COTA" :D

28. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

Seconded, however great minds think alike

That's exactly what I would like, only in XL. If anyone could do this for me they would also have my eternal gratitude!

29. jagenigma

jagenigma

so its this coming weekend... im working at 5am both days at my job. i may try to make it.

30. Rangeraus

Rangeraus

Laguna Seca seems like an obvious choice.

dimassa19 likes this.