GRID 2019

While GRID is (still) short of content, I can't fault its presentation. The game looks gorgeous on the One X and has been running even more smoothly since the hotfix. This game is crying out for a dedicated photomode...
full

full

full

Version 1.1 - 29/10/2019

This patch consists of visual improvements and fixes, including:

General
– Resolved multiple general text issues
– Fixed issue of screen cutting to black after selecting a vehicle from the relevant screen
– Volume of in-race commentary is now reduced at the startline
– Fixed several public PC crashes
– PC: cursors will now disappear when using a controller or wheel
– Fixed the ‘softlock’ state during the auto-save screen if players switch profile during Free Play

Multiplayer
– Quick Match: all players can now experience terminal damage in races
– Fixed issue in multiplayer for human players starting slower than AI drivers in Time Attack
– Private Match: fixed issue for informing a player that they are the new lobby host
– Fixed issue stopping more than 6 players being able to get into a Quick Match session
– Fixed issue where players can become desynced from each other
– Resolved issue of crashes when players quit out of Spectate after re-joining a session
– Fixed issues causing crashes when finishing a Multiplayer event

Gameplay
– Fixed issue of race not starting if rolling start is enabled and the player has entered into a Hot Lap Qualifying session beforehand
– Fixed the ‘out of world’ issue on the Okutama Sprint routes
– Flashback: cars will no longer veer left or right immediately after using a Flashback following a collision
– Fixed flickering during gameplay with ultra-settings and 4K display
– Fixed Flashback issue altering a player’s fastest lap time
– Fixed Accolades issue where you could only complete certain Milestones in a single race

I just saw on the codemasters grid forum, loads of people saying the game dosent work now after the latest patch....

Just tried mine on ps4 pro, mine still works after the patch anyone here game not working?...

I just saw on the codemasters grid forum, loads of people saying the game dosent work now after the latest patch....

Just tried mine on ps4 pro, mine still works after the patch anyone here game not working?...

My game didn't start yesterday (Xbox One X). They are aware of Xbox issues based on their social media posts.

The frame rate of the rear-view mirrors seems to have improved with this latest update, and the car select menu no longer seems to display different cars to those you have selected if you scroll through it quickly. Also, the commentators will mention that the race is about to start when the “grid walk” commences, rather than the start countdown. Finally, I did experience a couple of crashes last night, when loading events.

No game crashes yet on PC. I finally reached the point where I have to rerun earlier stages multiple times in order to earn the money to unlock cars for the remaining stage. Perhaps they should have named this game GRIND instead :lol:

No game crashes yet on PC. I finally reached the point where I have to rerun earlier stages multiple times in order to earn the money to unlock cars for the remaining stage. Perhaps they should have named this game GRIND instead :lol:

The grind isn't that bad, especially when the showdown races at the end of each discipline pay out well over 100k. Plus, some invitationals pay 70k per race, depending on how well your teammate does.

The grind isn't that bad, especially when the showdown races at the end of each discipline pay out well over 100k. Plus, some invitationals pay 70k per race, depending on how well your teammate does.

Exactly. I already have one car for each class (without prototype one) and I didn't grind for it at all. I also bought just for me 3 different GTE cars.
My only concern is amount of prize money from custom race. I would prefer to get more money from it.

Exactly. I already have one car for each class (without prototype one) and I didn't grind for it at all. I also bought just for me 3 different GTE cars.
My only concern is amount of prize money from custom race. I would prefer to get more money from it.
Do you guys have the full game? I only have the basic version and can't get to the end of each discipline without buying multiple cars, some of which cost over a million. And the invitational races aren't unlocked until you finish some of the other races first. I hope it's not a case of having to do one discipline at a time.

Do you guys have the full game? I only have the basic version and can't get to the end of each discipline without buying multiple cars, some of which cost over a million. And the invitational races aren't unlocked until you finish some of the other races first. I hope it's not a case of having to do one discipline at a time.

Deluxe Edition owner here. Apart from the Renault F1 (which costs 3 million), you can get a car in each class without excessive grinding. If anything, you may need to run a showdown a few times but they tend to be short events

Well, I put the game on tonight, tried qualifying and the crashed after qualifying 9th. Restarted, tried the same qualifying coming 2nd and it crashed at exactly same point. Couldn't even get to the race. Turned it off to save my controller. Can feel an email to codemasters coming on.

With the last patch I noticed that the payout for the tuner showdown event went down from 145.000 credits to 45.000 credits. Is there an other event that is better for grinding credits now?

With the last patch I noticed that the payout for the tuner showdown event went down from 145.000 credits to 45.000 credits. Is there an other event that is better for grinding credits now?

Before patch i noticed that all GT events have biggest payouts compared to other disciplines.

ok. i always liked that one. I wonder when we will get it. I am interested how often we will get new track for this game.

If Codies use the same content drop approach they do for DR2.0, hopefully we will see one new environment every 4 weeks.

Glad to see the return of Paris, was fun in GRID 2.

Deluxe Edition owner here. Apart from the Renault F1 (which costs 3 million), you can get a car in each class without excessive grinding. If anything, you may need to run a showdown a few times but they tend to be short events
I'd be interesting to see whether this is different for people who like me don't get a VIP bonus at the end of each race. So far it's not too bad though.

Last edited:
After seeing that Paris screenshot, I can see why people think this isn’t a very good looking game
Can we please have a render distance higher than 3 meters, please?
Also, on the Original XONE, I’ve noticed the Antialiasing stops working when driving through smoke. I’ll see if I can get a screenshot, because inserting images on GTP is a pain in the bum

Thanks for the patch. Played it 2 days ago and it ran flawless. Also under the impression that performance was better on Xbox one X.

Very curious about the new content.

Is there a reason why the maximum number of races in free play is 5. I tried to make a custom championship but it was limited to 5.

Gotta say this plays fantastic with a wheel and pedal setup on ps4 pro, love it...

Also looks blooming fantastic, shame there are no any proper track side replay cameras or a photo mode as it looks stunning....

full

full

full

Last edited:
"GRID comes to Google Stadia on November 19, with the exclusive Endurance mode."
"Endurance mode expands the grid size to up to 40 cars, split across four different classes, playable in both Free Play and Multiplayer."

Making a game mode exclusive to one platform while having such a small amount of content in the base game is just wrong... 👎

What also is wrong, is making 40 car grid only available on stadia. I could understand that base ps4/xone wouldn't be able to push that amount of cars, but what about PC? After all stadia is a high end PC. :lol:

Codemasters 👎

I had same thoughts... This is ********. Even on base consoles they should made "smaller version" of this mode if they can't handle it.
This is especially annoying that Project Cars 2 could do 32 cars on track with dynamic time of day, wheather, having more complex physics and targeting 60 FPS (i know it have framedrops but it was more than GRID's 30fps) ON BASE CONSOLES. :/

Back