GRID Auto Sport DLC Begins.

Discussion in 'GRID Series' started by Frizbe, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Frizbe

Frizbe

2. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

Disappointing start so far, 2 of these cars (SLR and V12 Zagato) were in GRID 2 and the other (F1 GTR) is another version of a car already existing in the game. Actually, that can be said for the Aston Martin too. I haven't purchased the season pass (yet) but it's starting to get hard to justify why I should, I'm satisfied with the Black Edition and XP boost.

3. mister dog

mister dog (Banned)

Yup not really excited here neither, only 3 cars and there's already a Zagato and McLaren F1 ingame albeit in a different version...

4. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

Well that's a major disappointment. No DBR9? E-Type?

mister dog likes this.
  5. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

All the cars were in the previous games...

6. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

What a joke.

7. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Can't say I'm not expecting it. CM always recycles stuff from previous games and tries to sell them as new :tdown:

8. bluemoon_19

bluemoon_19 Premium

Is the McLaren the version that was spotted in a screen shot before release? been trying to find it in the forums but I remember anim8r saying all content show was in base game.

9. wicken

wicken

Yes, we have seen it in the launch trailer racing with the other endurance cars.

ukfan758 and bluemoon_19 like this.
  10. bluemoon_19

bluemoon_19 Premium

Thanks seems like a bit of fail putting it in launch trailer. It was probably finished before the game and could have been put in the base game.

mister dog likes this.
  11. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

The McLaren F1 GTR was in the DLC for the original GRID. It [The F1 GTR model] was finished way before GRID Autosport was being developed.

bluemoon_19 and mister dog like this.
  12. dhandeh

dhandeh Premium

13. wicken

wicken

The second car pack is going to be available starting today!
    The Coupé Style Pack is priced $2.99/£2.39/€2.99 and it includes the following four premium sports cars:
    • BMW Z4 GT3
    • Hyundai Genesis Coupe
    • Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
    • Nissan 2009 (R35) GT-R SpecV
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/pt-pt/Product/Pacote-Coupé-Style/1dd8f8a3-4fae-4b55-a498-b98e90ae6b64

P.S: For the second time Codemasters included a BMW Z4 GT3 model that doesn't anywhere in the world, ffs where did they come with that idea?

14. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

Continue to release additional content (most of which are recycled) but yet still have issues with the current content. Smart move, Codies.

15. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Mind blown that the GT-R SpecV wasn't in the game in the first place, let alone it not being updated to a newer verion of the GT-R. It was in GRID 2...

16. KiroKai

KiroKai Premium

I agree it's a rip off but as long as we get the GT-R and the Zenvo back, with GRID AS physics, I'm happy.

@FastTech, what issues exactly? I haven't involved myself into discussion of the game so far, on purpose because after GRID 2 I expected nothing good. But I've been playing the game for some hours and didn't run across issues? Aside from the leaderboard glitch.

17. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

I have encountered the corrupt cars glitch online. I can't use two of my cars because they cause the game to crash and I can't sell them either because they have a value of zero credits.

18. MXH

MXH Premium

Road & Track car pack next week then?

Anyway, I'm more excited about the mini-expansions. Hopefully they're are reasonably priced and packed with enough SP content.

19. KiroKai

KiroKai Premium

Oh. Haven't heard of that, but as I said I didn't get involved with the game on forums and stuff. That sounds pretty game-breaking indeed. I currently have the Golf R and Lancia Delta in my online garage, I've invested a lot into the Golf, and I currently save up and am pretty close to buying a P1. I guess I'll rather wait until that's fixed then.

Is there a known cause? Or does it just randomly happen?

Edit: So I googled it and luckily it's well known and CM claim to work on a fix. Let's hope they stay true to their words. I only found reports that it happened on PC though, I'm playing on PS3. Which console do you play on?

Edit 2: Found reports of PS3 players.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  20. GBalao888

GBalao888

I hope to see all cars from both the original Grid and Grid 2 (and also every team and livery on these cars) back as DLC one day, they're just slowly starting.

21. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

Yeah, it is (or was if you are a PC player) a common bug. I play on PS3 and the cause remains unknown. If you have just those two cars, I wouldn't worry just yet as it began to happen after I had more than 10 garage slots. I'm glad CM have acknowledged the issue, but now it is just a matter of when the fix will be released.

KiroKai likes this.
  22. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

Not very fond of the DLC I see.... I think the DLC department needs some restructure as well ;)

23. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Let's see...Z4 already in Dirt 2 and Grid 2 DLC. Hyundai already in Grid 2. GT-R was a Grid 2 pre-order pack. Just keep shooting yourself in the foot CM.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for game save corrupt patch.

FastTech and VXR like this.
  24. wicken

wicken

They are expecting it to be released late next week, but we are already aware of CM promisses so I wouldn't coun't on it.

25. RacerPaul

RacerPaul

I'll wait for the console patch that'll hopefully fix the save game corruption issue, then see if I fancy lashing out on some DLC

26. Coupe Style pack is showing as a payed product separate to the season pass (in the UK, PS3). Loore on the Codies Forum said that they'll contact Sony about this matter.

Anyway, still using the Trailblazer Z4 I see... now, I don't doubt they aren't working flat-out on new content (because coding something as complex as a video game is far from a copy-paste job), but using assets from the previous decade to portray a car that doesn't even resemble the one they're trying to portray is pretty low.

VXR and FastTech like this.
  27. Squach240

Squach240

Welp, you can't put a livery on the GT-R. Only can select manufacture colors if you buy it... you can put the tuning parts on it however.

:irked:

28. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Somebody found new track files in the game (source: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/3060/new-tracks-on-the-way)
    • Donington - Day
    • Silverstone - Day
    • Australia Surfers Circuit - Day
    • Miami - Day
    • Miami - Night
    • California - Day
    • California - Night
    • Cote d Azur - Day
    • Cote d Azur - Night
    • Hong Kong - Day
    • Hong Kong - Night
    Donington was in Grid 1. Silverstone was from their F1 games. Miami/California/Cote/HK were already in Grid 2. So that only leaves Surfers Paradise as the only truly 'new' track.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  29. So the Sprint pack pretty much confirmed as P2P courses then...

- - - - - - - - - -

Concerning the Drag pack, Hockenheim and Yas Marina have drag strips (I imagine Autosport has one as well, being the 'all in one' track).

Any others?

30. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

Sprint pack is what I hoped it would be, looking forward to that the most! :tup: Most likely going to be merged with the Tuner discipline, but I hope street cars can be used for that expansion too.