GRID Auto Sport DLC Begins.

• Thread starter Frizbe
  • 151 comments
Sprint pack is what I hoped it would be, looking forward to that the most! đź‘Ť Most likely going to be merged with the Tuner discipline, but I hope street cars can be used for that expansion too.
I think it's safe to assume that you will be able to use all cars (with the exception of the DD Jupiter and the drift cars) on all tracks in Time Trial mode (included in the incoming patch). If the rumored/leaked track list is something to go by I'm super excited to rip California, Hong Kong and Cote d Azure a new with the Dallara F312 as well the Caparo T1.

Edit : Though I'd happily trade Hong Kong for Mizu Mountain.

I think it's safe to assume that you will be able to use all cars (with the exception of the DD Jupiter and the drift cars) on all tracks in Time Trial mode (included in the incoming patch). If the rumored/leaked track list is something to go by I'm super excited to rip California, Hong Kong and Cote d Azure a new with the Dallara F312 as well the Caparo T1.

Edit : Though I'd happily trade Hong Kong for Mizu Mountain.

True, although I was wondering how the point-to-point tracks would be used in career mode. I don't play custom cup much, but it will be interesting to take some cars from various disciplines on those routes.

And if the drift tracks on the point-to-point circuits return from GRID 2, you may be able to use C1/C2 drift cars on them too!

Me being a newcomer to the GRID series, all these new tracks sound like a great addition so i'm lucky.
On the other hand i'm not lucky because the DLC i buy does not appear ingame
hitler.gif

True, although I was wondering how the point-to-point tracks would be used in career mode. I don't play custom cup much, but it will be interesting to take some cars from various disciplines on those routes.
Looking back at GRID2, I think that the Sprint mini-expansion could be part of the Street category in career mode, but don't take my word for it.

And if the drift tracks on the point-to-point circuits return from GRID 2, you may be able to use C1/C2 drift cars on them too!
Yeah, you're indeed correct. I completely forgot about that (don't own GRID2). That would be fantastic, especially with the current and far superior drift mode.

Me being a newcomer to the GRID series, all these new tracks sound like a great addition so i'm lucky.
On the other hand i'm not lucky because the DLC i buy does not appear ingame
hitler.gif
GRID 1 and 2 had some great tracks, even though the latter being let down by poor game design decisions. I really miss Milan, Long Beach, Mount Haruna and Le Mans from GRID.

The big 'theme' expansions are supposed to add both cars and tracks, correct?

I'm getting a hillclimb vibe off of this particular pack
I thought only tracks would be included in the expansions but I'm happy to say that I was completely wrong.
At the heart of each pack is a brand new single player championship and along with it a selection of tracks, routes and cars.
http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/07/grid-autosport-a-note-on-future-content/

Loore said : We'll be providing all the DLC info closer to the time, can expect some stuff on Sprint this week.
Please CM, don't screw this up!

I'm seriously hoping the corrupt save patch will come with it, since it's going to be a pretty big download. I'll probably end up disappointed though.

I hope to see more of every car, track and discipline from previous Grid games that didn't make it to Grid Autosport as DLC, plus one more thing: all teams and liveries from the original Grid and Grid 2.

Question; if you guys download DLC from the store and install it, how does it appear ingame? Are the cars immediately present and installed or do you need to go to the "playstation store" button on the main menu?

When i install it the car packs do not appear in game and when i press the playstation store button, it checks and says no downloads available...

Question; if you guys download DLC from the store and install it, how does it appear ingame? Are the cars immediately present and installed or do you need to go to the "playstation store" button on the main menu?

When i install it the car packs do not appear in game and when i press the playstation store button, it checks and says no downloads available...

If it is the same as with black edition the cars are supposed to appear on the dealership but you have to purchase them in any case.

I was confused at the begining and still do not understand as to why we have to buy the cars if we paid for DLC.

But maybe is different, could you check please?

If it is the same as with black edition the cars are supposed to appear on the dealership but you have to purchase them in any case.

I was confused at the begining and still do not understand as to why we have to buy the cars if we paid for DLC.

But maybe is different, could you check please?
They are not available neither in the dealership nor in custom cup, so i can't buy them. What happens if you select the playstation store option on the menu? Does it recognize your DLC or does it serve another purpose?

The latter I am afraid, nothing happened, I was confused but finally the black series was in the dealership, did you try several times perhaps? I tried to download and activate the code from PSN several times and finally the car was there, but honestly it is far from clear as how the DLC works on GAS, sorry you have these issues, so disappointing after your DLC purchase.

The latter I am afraid, nothing happened, I was confused but finally the black series was in the dealership, did you try several times perhaps? I tried to download and activate the code from PSN several times and finally the car was there, but honestly it is far from clear as how the DLC works on GAS, sorry you have these issues, so disappointing after your DLC purchase.
Yeah it is, bugs me out that i have it installed but i don't find it anywhere.. thanks for the info though.
Now that @anim8r_uk is back amongst us, can you please explain what is the right way to download DLC and what the "playstation store" button does on the main menu? (mine searches for a while but always says no downloads found).

Not sure if this is worth posting or not, I hope this is legitimate! Possible future DLC poster? Would be sweet to have the old Volvo estates and other legends for Grid. Going back to its roots.

dlc-poster.jpg

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/3210/is-this-the-upcoming-touring-car-dlc

Found it at that link, the mods didn't deny anything so fingers crossed it'll be some DLC i'd actually want to buy and not re used content.

I am happy I did just stick to the great game itself. The DLC is utterly disappointing and this recycling of content is something I am not happy with at all! Hope they make up with the touring pack.

I agree about the recycled content, especially if you've previously owned GRID2. However, for someone who hasn't - such as myself - and has been eager for some point-to-point action; happy days!

This is true but why couldn't they have included it in the base game? The base game does have lots of content but it seems like they just held some stuff back to make more money from us.

The DLC costs ÂŁ4.79 on steam. Codemasters sure are doing a great job at ruining their reputation recently. I really had faith that the DLC was going to add something new and interesting to the game, not offer us content we've already used and most likely been removed then sold to us.

So I thought according to Codies that this Sprint pack was going to be available yesterday. Still no sign of it in the PS Store. :confused:

So I thought according to Codies that this Sprint pack was going to be available yesterday. Still no sign of it in the PS Store. :confused:
Welp, I couldn't find it either in the sluggish PS Store.

When do they usually update the store?

Back