Grid Autosport Car and Track Wishlist

You'd prefer the Domodedovo Aerodrome above Le Mans? :eek:
Like I said, you can find some circuits - like Le Mans and the Nürburgring - in any racing games these days. I'd rather see unique content in GAS, stuff that you can't find anywhere else, which suits a racing game unlike any other.

Also, Le Mans would only be good for endurance racing. Given the length of the lap, you would only get two laps in an eight-minute race. Including it sounds like a whole lot of effort for very little return.

You'd prefer the Domodedovo Aerodrome above Le Mans? :eek:

I'd prefer just about any track over Le Mans. As tracks go it's pretty dull. It has a couple of good sections, and a lot of very, very boring ones. Straight, chicane, straight, chicane, straight, corner, straight, interesting windy bit, straight, couple corners, repeat.

Its redeeming feature is the events that happen there in real life and the history that it has surrounding it, not that it's a particularly good drivers track.

Like I said, you can find some circuits - like Le Mans and the Nürburgring - in any racing games these days. I'd rather see unique content in GAS, stuff that you can't find anywhere else, which suits a racing game unlike any other.

Also, Le Mans would only be good for endurance racing. Given the length of the lap, you would only get two laps in an eight-minute race. Including it sounds like a whole lot of effort for very little return.

Well might agree that it's not the most practical due to it's size, but i love it anyway and you could hold 1-2 lap races there in any discipline really (doesn't have to be endurance).

But you're right though that we've been overfed Le Mans a little by now, and the original circuits that don't appear in any game are nice.

I'd prefer just about any track over Le Mans. As tracks go it's pretty dull. It has a couple of good sections, and a lot of very, very boring ones. Straight, chicane, straight, chicane, straight, corner, straight, interesting windy bit, straight, couple corners, repeat.

Its redeeming feature is the events that happen there in real life and the history that it has surrounding it, not that it's a particularly good drivers track.
I find even the chicanes nice and fast, but tastes differ f-corse :)

I have some ideas for how the Tuner discipline can be improved. I find the game modes to offer nothing that the other disciplines don't already do, and do better. So, here are some alternative modes:

SPEED ATTACK
The objective is to do laps of a circuit while maintaining a minimum average speed. Every lap (or two), that average speed increases. The catch is that there are cones and barriers arranged around the circuit. Touch one of them, and you're out. Cross a white line at the edge of the circuit, and you're out. Drop below the average speed, and you're out. The winner is the person who completes the most laps.

CONSISTENCY RUN
Everyone starts with a three-lap qualifying run. At the end, their average lap time is taken. This is used to establish a base lap time. During the race, you need to get as close to your lap times as possible. Too fast or too slow, and you are given points depending on how far out from your base time you are. The winner is the person with the lowest score after ten laps.

PURSUIT
This would only take place on ovals. Everyone starts out evenly spaced around the circuit. The aim is to chase other drivers down and pass them. Every time you pass another driver, you score two points. Every time you get passed, you lose a point. The winner is the person with the highest score.

HEAD 2 HEAD
Drivers start at opposite ends of the circuit, and race for three laps. The first past their finish line wins, and advances to the next round. Alternatively, it could be done the same way as DIRT 3's Head-2-Head mode over a rally-style super special stage, but that would require the creation of new circuits.

More LMP cars like Toyota TS040, Audi R18, Porsche 919, Oreca 03 etc.

Ferrari and Lamborghini cars.

Tracks: Circuit de la Sarthe, Monza, Silverstone, Brno, Laguna Seca, Road Atlanta...

Last edited:
Ok, we have the Brazilian Stock Cars, how about some tracks of the schedule to go with? Curitiba (previously has been the opening round of the WTCC), Interlagos (home track, only counterclockwise F1 track), Brasilia (sort like an oval, probably the next track to host the Brazilian GP on the IndyCar schedule and others.

Ok, we have the Brazilian Stock Cars, how about some tracks of the schedule to go with? Curitiba (previously has been the opening round of the WTCC), Interlagos (home track, only counterclockwise F1 track), Brasilia (sort like an oval, probably the next track to host the Brazilian GP on the IndyCar schedule and others.
I'd happily sacrifice Tuner and maybe even Street for more Touring - DTM, Stock Car Brasil, TC 2000, and so on.

I'd happily sacrifice Tuner and maybe even Street for more Touring - DTM, Stock Car Brasil, TC 2000, and so on.

Seeing we have old gems that don't make it to many racing games nowadays like Jarama and Mont tremblant, i think:

- Zandvoort
- Circuit de Pau
- Paul Ricard
- Oulton Park

Would make nice additions that fit into this same style 👍

Back