Grid Autosport (General Discussion)

Vote for the name of Team Gtplanet

• Total voters
I've never really see Ravenwest get a constant 1-2 except for Endurance (though bear in mind I haven't tried Open Wheel).

As for the crashing, I've only had that with Aaron Westley, the rest seem like clean drivers. Though the worst crasher (IMO) is Forge Motorsports, Hunter Green, he just goes YOLO when he sees a chance to overtake and takes you out.

Hey guys I am thinking to selling Autosport PS3 and get PC Autosport, because I want something different and PS3 racing is only GT series that's it.

How many GB download via steam? Thanks.

Though the worst crasher (IMO) is Forge Motorsports, Hunter Green, he just goes YOLO when he sees a chance to overtake and takes you out.
I've never really occupied the same space of road, so I have never had trouble with Green.

For me, Westley is the worst, but Logan Parker is also fairly horrible. So is Connor Johnson, who is abysmally slow, and so always starts at the front of the grid because of the Street discipline's reverse championship standings set-up. Getting past him is an absolute pain because he's oblivious to anyone around him.

I had an awkward encounter with Rick Scott where he hit the first corner at Brands Hatch and he rolled over. He was last the rest of the way (he didn't appear to gain on the other A.I).

Also, had a qualify session where the Ravenwest guys didn't even Qualified in the Top 6. Though this time Aaron Westley catch up to 3rd (though it was partially my doing becauce I stalled everyone behind when I get a Penalty :P).

If you look at the car stats in Hypercar, their car (Hyaura) has poor stats compared to they Veyron.

You mean the Zonda R? The Huayra is Supercar class.

The stats in Codies game means nothing though. The only way to tell which car is fastest is by driving them yourself. The Zonda might look weak on paper, but because it has so much grip and very light it owns all the other hypercars. Just check the Racenet Challenge leaderboards when there's a hypercar event, you'll see the Zonda is always at the top. The reason why Ravenwest does badly with it is probably because the Zondas are very fragile and they get knocked about at the start by the heavier but faster accelerating Veyrons. And because of the damage they can't make a comeback later on.

I see. Thanks for the info.

Though, I have a question. Is it normal to have Ravenwest not show up at all in a 12 Car Grid Custom Cup. My brother and I ran into that situation a few hours ago?

I see. Thanks for the info.

Though, I have a question. Is it normal to have Ravenwest not show up at all in a 12 Car Grid Custom Cup. My brother and I ran into that situation a few hours ago?

I'm not sure, because I don't play Custom Cup all that much, but I imagine it's quite a common occurrence. There are 10 teams in GAS, which means 20 drivers max (with 2 drivers per team). So if you only have 12 car grids Ravenwest might not be included. They're always included in Career mode though.

I also noticed that Aaron Westley, Nathan McKane and Rick Scott rarely show up in Custom Cup. Hector Gonzaléz and Tiang seem to take over most of the Custom Cup for Ravenwest.

However Custom Cups usually have battles between (from likely to least likely as ut does seem to vary), Your Teamate, Ravenwest, K&N Motorsport, Hunter Green, Kurt Wittenstein, Oakley Motorsport.

It can sometimes. I just ran two reverse grid races, and they didn't even finish on the podium.

Perhaps the easiest way to put it is to say that Ravenwest have the most consistent drivers. Teams tend to fall into one of three categories - front-runners, the midpack and the back markers. Ravenwest is the only team to be a front-runner in each tier of each discipline. Everybody else tends to be good at some tiers in some disciplines, but not so great elsewhere. K&N is probably the only team that can consistently challenge them; everyone else is hit-and-miss. And strangely enough, Ravenwest are terrible at the top tier of street racing (but then again, everyone is).

I'd say the game's top drivers looks like this:
- Nathan McKane (Ravenwesr)
- Rick Scott (Ravenwest)
- Arron Westley (Ravenwest)
- Stefano Bruno (K&N)
- Luka Schmid (K&N)
- Felipe Santos (Forge)
- Leo Garnier (Ravenwest)
- Ryan Thompson, Jnr (Monster)
- Leo Turner (Kicker)
- Evan Kennedy (Kicker)
- Andrey Kokorev (Oakley)
- Kurt Wittenstein (Kicker)
- Rodrigo Gomes (K&N)
- Marko Nikolic (K&N)

Although it is hard to gauge because some compete in more series than others.

At least in the lower tiers, I've had the likes of Sofia Muller (Forge Motorsport) crack my nose quite a few times in 3x length Endurance events. Last race I had in Endurance Group 2 at Brands Hatch, both Westley and McKane nearly choked to her in the closing minutes.

I find Endurance is surprisingly easy as long as you put in quick, but especially smooth and consistent times. Ravenwest does eventually croak although it is very subtle.

Ravenwest seems to be immune to tyre wear, they don't slow down or drive carefully. They be as aggressive as they want and they don't get punished.

Ravenwest seems to be immune to tyre wear, they don't slow down or drive carefully. They be as aggressive as they want and they don't get punished.
I dunno man, at least from my experience in GT-E Group 2 I can roflstomp them pretty hard on Very Hard difficulty. If you're running with the Oakley McLaren or the Razer Aston-Martin it's obviously going to quite a bit harder, but I've swept one of the three GT2 championships and won another one as these two crap teams despite that.

Again, the key to stomping Ravenwest in Endurance is not to drive carefully, but to combine smoothness with maximized pace. If you never overdo your sliding, you almost never have to worry about tire wear until it gets _really_ low. Setting up the car deliberately to be more stable or "heavy", by stiffening the suspension, locking the differential, and moving the brake bias towards positive values (the label says "rear" but it's actually "front") all help make the car easier to drive, therefore reducing tire wear. You can also change your driving style accordingly. Despite what a few posters have said, sliding maniacally ala-GRID 2 is not only definitely slower in Endurance, but it also chews through tires. You have to brake early but quickly, and sometimes coast or use very little throttle even when grip conditions says you can floor it.

I didn't say I had trouble with them. They just felt like tyre doesn't exist for them.
I dunno', they seem to be pretty awful at Endurance racing to me. Usually driving like mad men, affecting their tyre wear as a result. But I'm assuming that you're talking about the rubber-banding which kicks in once you've passed them - or so I've noticed at least.

Question: How do I make the Formula B/A1GP car not understeer like a pig?

Take off all upgrades (they don't do anything) and set the settings as follows:
Brake bias: max front (this is glitched so it's backwards from reality)
Differential: max locked
Downforce: depend on track
Gearbox: depend on track
Suspension F: max stiff
Suspension R: max stiff

Also turn off all driving aids except ABS. If you're using G25/G27 wheel, set it to 450 degrees https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g27-g25-dfgt-undocumented-wheel-lock-settings-guide.286646/

Ravenwest definitely do slow down late in 40 minute endurance events(at least in the bottom tier cars I've run). Of course they've generally lapped the entire AI field by that time because that class/discipline is so ridiculously unbalanced, but if I'm having a good run and have some tire left I always do gain on them near the end - even if I'm fairly close - although not usually enough to catch them.

Does stiffening the suspension to max help all the cars? I usually stiffen them some, but not all the way.

I should probably give this game another go over the next couple months... I haven't done hardly any racing in a while now.

Does stiffening the suspension to max help all the cars? I usually stiffen them some, but not all the way.

In most cases, yes it does. If the car allows ride height settings you also want to lower it to minimum. It helps alleviate the "floatiness" of Codemasters physics engine and give you a more direct and responsive car. In a few very understeery cars (like the R34 Z-Tune) you might want it set to 8/10 stiffness, but otherwise max stiffness will give more benefit even if it means a little bit more understeer.

So, I think it's time to say goodbye to Grid Autosport. It was fun while it lasted, but now I have completed everything (except for reaching level twelve in each discipline, but that takes a lot of grinding and there are no rewards) and it has lost its replay value. Besides, it's time to clean out some of the old games that I don't play anymore - Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and possibly Tomb Raider will also be going - and trade them in for a pre-order on Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, which I think may well be my last video game.

It was fun while it lasted, Grid Autosport. But I won't miss Arron Westley.

I love driving these cars normally. While they aren't realistic, they are really fun IMO.

As for Career, I pretty much gave up after the first Touring Championship. Looks to repetitive with 3 championships using the exact same vehicles. So I decided to make my own re-playability for races make up my own Career (details, profiles and records are basically written up on drive :P). Listing a couple of variety of Championships, including some disciplines but most involve different cars. I'll likely use Custom Cup (which I still use) to help me with this made up Career mode I'm working on which I guess you can say is in Alpha. Though I made it 8 disciplines (Touring, GT-Sprint, GT-Endurance, Oval, Open Wheel, X-Treme, Classic and Lightweight).

Enjoying Touring career. Door to door racing, some nasty contacts and the need to push car to the limit for a win or a podium.

Another nice thing is you don't want to crash into AI too much for not damaging the car and the consequent slow down. So I still aim to not scratch the car even if a 100% clean race it's quite rare.

Grid Autosport after work = stress killed.

So, I think it's time to say goodbye to Grid Autosport. It was fun while it lasted, but now I have completed everything (except for reaching level twelve in each discipline, but that takes a lot of grinding and there are no rewards) and it has lost its replay value. Besides, it's time to clean out some of the old games that I don't play anymore - Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and possibly Tomb Raider will also be going - and trade them in for a pre-order on Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, which I think may well be my last video game.

It was fun while it lasted, Grid Autosport. But I won't miss Arron Westley.
Game sure kept you busy for the past 9 months :)
I've stopped playing too as AC is now available to me since i got a computer, but i still believe GAS is the best racing game you can get on PS3.

Started yesterday my first Supergt endurance race with Liquy Moly Honda Hsv. My 1st race at Spa I placed 2nd behind a rabbit Westley.​

Second race at Yas Marina booth Ravenwest have been involved in a caotic crash with a K&N car. I also damaged my car but I was able to keep going. Other K&N won the race and I placed 6th.

I had the feeling my car was not fast enough for a win, do the game reduce grip of your car enough for allowing the player to complete team goals but not win every race?

Dat power oversteer at Spa. Was quite scary on fast turns but fun. I admit I used a couple of rewinds. :P

Some teams will supply you with cars that are more or less upgraded; Liqui Moly are a lower tier team, in the same scrub level as Razer and Oakley. From my experience in Endurance, Forge supplies a pretty good Super GT car.

Started yesterday my first Supergt endurance race with Liquy Moly Honda Hsv. My 1st race at Spa I placed 2nd behind a rabbit Westley.​

Second race at Yas Marina booth Ravenwest have been involved in a caotic crash with a K&N car. I also damaged my car but I was able to keep going. Other K&N won the race and I placed 6th.

I had the feeling my car was not fast enough for a win, do the game reduce grip of your car enough for allowing the player to complete team goals but not win every race?

Dat power oversteer at Spa. Was quite scary on fast turns but fun. I admit I used a couple of rewinds. :P

The GT-R is faster than the HSV, so try to use a team that gives you a GT-R. Also remember to take off upgrades as they slow you down. See post #2958 in this thread.

Super GT are pretty tricky cars to be honest. I usually handle these types of cars very well too. It could be that I drive the HSV because the GT-R is too ugly for me though.

Back