GRID LEGENDS

• Thread starter Nacho Libre
  • 1,308 comments
Anyone else been having problems with AI always starting a race on Nemesis status? I've been placed with the same AI drivers for like 20-25 races and they somehow haven't forgiven me despite racing friendly for a while... this and accidentally giving them the slightest nudge will revive their rage. Apart from that, they at least seem to calm down later down the race sometimes.

Did it really help? I find that they are just OK.
It did, I increased the sensitivity from 50 to 60 and dropped the other value from 4 to 2. Made it feel more responsive to my input whereas before felt a bit vague and disconnected. It's not perfect but good enough.

I'm around 3/4 of the way through the story, and absolutely digging this game, great fun, sound graphics absolutely intoxicating :) but on the strength of this I installed Grid 2019 and now I find myself engrossed in it so far done the first set of races in each discipline. I never played 2019 as I still hasn't finished AS, which is still the case :( Atm I'm liking 2019 just as much, and the impulse triggers, (Xbox), work in this game so I'm liking it more, I can feel the brakes locking :)

I'm around 3/4 of the way through the story, and absolutely digging this game, great fun, sound graphics absolutely intoxicating :) but on the strength of this I installed Grid 2019 and now I find myself engrossed in it so far done the first set of races in each discipline. I never played 2019 as I still hasn't finished AS, which is still the case :( Atm I'm liking 2019 just as much, and the impulse triggers, (Xbox), work in this game so I'm liking it more, I can feel the brakes locking :)
Grid Legends (and to a lesser degree 2019) is a criminally underrated and absurdly fun arcade racer.

not finished with AS and 2019 either but still play legends :D

always thought 2019 was way better than a lot of the reviews. it is the perfect family-man-"oh i have 30 minutes of gaming time" arcade racer :-)

One of my many problems is that I still get hung up over trying to complete games I like and not move onto new releases/versions until I've done so but it never goes quite to plan because work/family means I don't have as much time as I think I have. In my mind I'm still the carefree and easy kid who has no responsibilities whatsoever but reality at 47 is so different.

I think AS is better in terms of handling and structure but these other two games are fantastic too, they are a nice break from all the seriousness of other titles. And, imo, nothing beats Grid for in your face fun, brilliant graphics, atmosphere, AI and as ever from CM, sound. Loving it 👍😃

Last edited:
Does anybody use the team commands? I know they are there but until recently I didn't bother with them as I felt they were a distraction. I used them the last time I played and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be

kjb
Does anybody use the team commands? I know they are there but until recently I didn't bother with them as I felt they were a distraction. I used them the last time I played and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be
They help my team come first in the event standings when they otherwise wouldn't. Unless your teammate becomes a nemesis, then it's only worth doing to hear the peed off responses you get back via Ajeet.

I wish it were possible to choose different teammates in races but it looks like I'm just in a team of two with Doctor Who.

Last edited:
I will also warn you that at the end of an event, if you choose to restart the race, you can experience a complete wipe of all your sponsor objectives. It completely freaks out your save file and brings the yellow exclamation mark back on everything you've unlocked too. I manually back up my saves, so I was able to fix this, but I did some more testing and was able to replicate this bug. I don't know if it was fixed, but this is just a heads up.

If you turn anyone into a nemesis, they have a chance of staying that way forever. It's some sort of bug.
Thank you very much for this info. Those bugs are still present and very annoying. Only after reading about it I decided to start again and deleted my save.
Thankfully racing this AI is still fun so not big of a deal. I'm still rewinding every time a nemesis is triggered. Yeah they are so annoying sometimes and it's so much better without them. I hope this nemesis system will be gone in the future. I don't want Forza kids in a single player mode. 😅

I like Legends a lot. But the handling is really too simple (or easy) for me. The whole experience is similar to Dirt 5 in a way that you want to finish the career enjoying the game, but once you are done you never come back. The fact that non of the players I follow has more than 80h of playing only makes me think I'm not alone.
It's an amazing Gamepass/ EA Play game and has a lot of potential. But I really wish it had handling similar to Project CARS 3. Or at least a little bit more engaging. If Legends and PC3 had a baby it would be my favourite racing game up there with Forza Horizon.

I like Legends a lot. But the handling is really too simple (or easy) for me. The whole experience is similar to Dirt 5 in a way that you want to finish the career enjoying the game, but once you are done you never come back. The fact that non of the players I follow has more than 80h of playing only makes me think I'm not alone.
It's an amazing Gamepass/ EA Play game and has a lot of potential. But I really wish it had handling similar to Project CARS 3. Or at least a little bit more engaging. If Legends and PC3 had a baby it would be my favourite racing game up there with Forza Horizon.
Dial down the the ABS TCS & stability assists in the options it makes the driving slightly more nuanced I found the sweet spot around the mid point with them.

Dial down the the ABS TCS & stability assists in the options it makes the driving slightly more nuanced I found the sweet spot around the mid point with them.
Yes it helps and some cars do drive better than others. Look I don't know maybe is just me but the handling feels easier with every new game. I'm following this series since the beginning and I know what to expect. It's not that is ruining the game in the beginning. It just becomes a little boring over time. AI is still providing good racing. No, AI is miles ahead of it's competition. Someone at PD, PG, T10 should really try this game.

Yes it helps and some cars do drive better than others. Look I don't know maybe is just me but the handling feels easier with every new game. I'm following this series since the beginning and I know what to expect. It's not that is ruining the game in the beginning. It just becomes a little boring over time. AI is still providing good racing. No, AI is miles ahead of it's competition. Someone at PD, PG, T10 should really try this game.
I like the AI too they can be bashful in a fun way, you hit the nail on the head though the gameplay is a bit too easy even on hard settings. The silver lining of this game is you can play it when you're low on concentration juice / tired or inebriated, despite some of its short comings it doesn't make me rage quit lol. Im looking forward to the next game in the series (knowing EA its likely it will be milked to death).

Personally I like the OG Grid's handling the best. Just point the car in the general direction of the track, give it a slap on the bum and there it goes.

I like how the newer games gained more complexity without necessarily adding on a difficulty, but it can feel like... game's yanking on my chain almost? Especially for cars with ton of aero. Maybe it's only me.

Personally I like the OG Grid's handling the best. Just point the car in the general direction of the track, give it a slap on the bum and there it goes.

I like how the newer games gained more complexity without necessarily adding on a difficulty, but it can feel like... game's yanking on my chain almost? Especially for cars with ton of aero. Maybe it's only me.
That's because you travel at the speed of light! ;)

Is the game worth it? its 20.99 on psn for the ps4/ps5 and now i have a ps5.

I know the game sucks when it comes to mcLaren cars but i can deal with that as long as the rest is good.

It's on EA Play. EA Play is available for 0.99 €/$/GBP for the first month at the moment in the PSN Store until the 30th. So you can test it for one month and get more discount as EA Play member.

Bought the PS4 Disc Version some weeks ago with the free PS5 Update for around 16 €. Played 3/4 of the career and sold it since it was anounced to be available for free on Amazon Prime Day but just the Origin PC-Version.

Last edited:
Got it on the discounted EA Play offer and completed the story mode. Good fun, like the handling (except the trucks) and the street circuits looked great, especially London. Chose the hard difficulty but it was still very easy.

Will probably pick it up in a sale to do the career once I get bored with GT7. Hopefully I can just ignore the drift stuff.

You need to do some drifting to get the F40 and to unlock the Gauntlet. But you can just lower the difficulty and do it easier.

Nope. Good thing I actually didn’t buy the game. Compulsory drifting to unlock anything at all is a red line.

Back