Grip bug thread

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GT_Alex74, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigDawg_1281

BigDawg_1281 Premium

Wow, that is strange.

2. Tou2istTrophy

Tou2istTrophy

This is definitely interesting. So by using a stock livery with wheel change maybe the problem won't exist?

By the way, have you guys confirmed whether or not this affects Circuit experience? (If above is true then it will not)

3. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

HOUSTON, we have aproblem

Here is what @BigDawg_1281 saw of my Gr4 Mustang

[​IMG]

But this is what my Mustang SHOULD look like

[​IMG]

Different wheel, and different wheel/tire size. I know I don't have the extra grip, but something is definitely off in the wheel and tire department.

Let me know what you want me to test and I will go check.

BTW, BigDawg confirmed that his livery looks correct.

Quakebass and Tou2istTrophy like this.
  4. Tou2istTrophy

Tou2istTrophy

Very interesting. All the extra grip videos I've seen have been with custom liveries after all.

5. Spurgy 777

Spurgy 777

He has already been asked.

6. BigDawg_1281

BigDawg_1281 Premium

Dang, both cars? That is very odd. I wonder if mine would look different on your end. Did you save any replays?

7. Tou2istTrophy

Tou2istTrophy

Is there a way to tell the difference between hard and soft tires by appearance alone?

8. JacksHerer

JacksHerer

Has anyone tried testing different wheels in time trial against themselves? 1nch 2inch sizes.

I'm nowhere near consistent enough to do a test.

Edit : it's a shame RA removed the bug, it would be useful to see what the garage stats for grip showed against his cars compared to the investigators.

Edit : @Voodoovaj remind me what a memory leak is again

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Tou2istTrophy likes this.
  9. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

This has all the earmarks of a memory leak in the wheel and tire system

AJHG1000 likes this.
  10. JayRS200

JayRS200

Is it possible that the opposite can happen e.g a player can get less grip? I swear my Gr3 and Gr4 cars are on SS sometimes in qualy.

11. Nando deBem

Nando deBem

Memory leak is when a program manage memory allocation poorly. It does not release memory once the information is not needed anymore. I think it’s stil a bit of a stretch to say that. I wouldn’t call setting a value for tire and not setting another one later a memory leak. Straight bug, for me. I would call memory leak creating a bunch of objects that you would only need one in a lifecycle, and not releasing them, making available memory an issue.

Edit:
    You usually notice memory leaks when the application is getting slower and slower over time.

12. RA1784

RA1784

Sander 001 and JacksHerer like this.
  13. Nando deBem

Nando deBem

14. JacksHerer

JacksHerer

It's just to compare to 991 stats in our garage, I'm off to bed now, will compare tomorrow.

15. Shottah072

Shottah072

You dont :p there is nothing wrong with it. Everything has been checked already.

16. andryush

andryush

Aftermarket wheels problems? Let me remind you what kind of problem we had in GT6:

[​IMG]
    Same car, different wheels. Left is stock wheel, right is aftermarket.

Here's the topic - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...e-same-width-changes-grip-and-balance.294129/

And one of my posts there:

I believe this may have something to do with what we are facing today in GTS.

phil_75 and Tou2istTrophy like this.
  17. kubstar

kubstar

@ra your screenshot is max. power, less weight but it can't be compared because these stats change when tyres, gear setup, etc. is changed...hmm

GT_Alex74 and RA1784 like this.
  18. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

if you look close at the pic of your car below, the wheels that my game sees on your car are different than the wheels you have.

[​IMG]

True, but I have seen memory leaks overwrite other areas of memory and, when the save happens, the over written info is stored as is rather than corrected. Just like this. It may not be a memory leak, but it looks familiar to me, and that was a memory leak.

dabz343 and Nando deBem like this.
  19. Tou2istTrophy

Tou2istTrophy

This is one of the guys who has the grip bug (Devil). Is he aware he has it? (he seems to have developed an ego)

zzz_pt likes this.
  20. BigDawg_1281

BigDawg_1281 Premium

Mine look different in your end, your wheels look correct on your end.

21. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

This wheel bug is starting to look unrelated. I am not seeing anyone's custom wheels in any replay. I can see their liveries and that their wheels are painted, but all the wheels (of everyone other than the replay owner) are stock. Can anyone confirm that I am not alone in this? I checked shared replays as well and it's the same. Replay own has custom wheels and everyone else has stock.

22. Seikenfreak

Seikenfreak

@Voodoovaj Checked a replay, photomode walked through the whole grid and it appears everyone else is on stock wheels.

Voodoovaj likes this.
  23. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

Hmmm. I am fairly certain this isn't the case in real time. Strange that the wheel and tire info is not stored like the rest of the livery. Maybe it is related, maybe it isn't. I can't imagine why this info would be excluded.

24. GT_Alex74

GT_Alex74

That wheel bug isn't related. The player still has the "right" wheels locally, it's just a matter of the livery not loading properly to other players. And changing the wheels on a livery has been ruled out as well.

What could be interesting to check though is if infected players have tyre deformation like this :

[​IMG]

Sadly, I haven't saved any of those replays so can't take pictures to verify.

MidFieldMaven likes this.
  25. Seikenfreak

Seikenfreak

That's a big tire :scared:

TNTR_VitQ31 likes this.
  26. OnyxMoneytron

OnyxMoneytron Premium

Can’t wait for this bug to be squished as it’s ruining clean racing. The fat killer is also a very dirty driver and I’m tired of seeing him ruin sport mode. He pitted twice on Maggiore lol... Once on lap 5 and the second time on lap 8. It made no sense... Seen him crash and DNF for no reason and also ram people out of the way like crazy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2018
  27. dinno

dinno

this bug can not depend from the ps 4 pro? or all console,Standard and pro are affected?

28. JacksHerer

JacksHerer

nope not console related, a sub account on the same PS4 did not have the bug.

29. phil_75

phil_75

Wonder if there are multiple strength variations of this bug and also the opposite - people having less grip?

30. ASH32

ASH32

There could be, it would depend on what exactly causes it and that's not known yet. The amount gained by people with it will be different, for instance if they have not noticed that they can brake way later than most they are missing out on a lot of the advantage they could have.

It could be more widespread too, lately I've seen some odd driving from mid pack runners, more so than usual, bad lines, moving all over the place, especially when braking and so on and yet they still manage to corner and to go fast enough (about a second to second and a half off the very fast guys), now it could be because they use the pad and that's why it looks bad but it could be the glitch helping them, who knows at this point.

phil_75 and TNTR_VitQ31 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.