GRM Series 3 - GT3 (Begins 7/20/16)Open 

• Thread starter BradLTL
  • 178 comments
te9500rpm had us all covered last night. Wondered why he was slower in qualifying than in practice. He was still on the pole but by only .3 of a second. The reason was he ran harder tires and went the distance without a pit stop. He had too much pace for me. I was able to keep him in sight for about the first 5 laps but after that I decided not to throw away a solid second place trying to over drive. When I pitted on lap 10 he was 10 seconds ahead. At the end of the race he was more than 35 seconds clear.

Next week is Road America. A long track that is pretty similar to the feel of Spa. In real life, I've run some events there and have written off one of Skip Barber's formula cars against the Armco in Hurry Downs. I like the track though.

If Brad can't host next Wednesday, I will host again. Same schedule with the track open at 15 minutes before the hour.

Good racing @Argo1 :)

Next week i wont be able to run guys. I have a real race weekend to attend to here in Philippines hope to get good results. :)

Also is there any update in regards to the point standings?

Cheers!! :)

Sorry that you won't be with us next week te?. Brad has the results and will be updating points as soon he is able to get to it.

Hey guys I'm trying to join this league. I know the season already started but I'd like to run anyways. Psn Bowink

Yes, it is just ABS and TC. Looking forward to you running with us Bowink. See everyone tomorrow at Road America.

May have to quit guys.....love racing with you guys when I have but can't seem to keep my concentration this late....only 10:30 I know but I'm too tired after a 45 min practice then 45 min race ...I'm done after practice haha...sorry...was great fun but can't hang...thx though and hope for a earlier league \m/

Rambo, there is something new that will help you. It's called Caffeine! Stick it out with us. Maybe we will take a poll and petition Brad to start 30 minutes earlier.

Great racing tonight. Everyone was very close in pace. I managed to spin myself out of first place on lap one and spend the rest of the race working back up to third... only to hand it to Zeb when I let off because I thought the race was over! (Nope. 4 seconds left...one more lap) That messed with my head and I ended up 6th after an off. Chris had a nice run finishing 2nd. Bowink was a great add to the field and finished up 12th in an unfamiliar car. Rambo qualified in the second row. Who knows where he could have finished.

Next week Zhuhai. Two races left in this series. Let's start hearing the wish list for series 4!

Sorry to hear that Rambo...try to stick through to China. Maybe for the final Le Mans race we can start much earlier. Also sorry if I made a bit of a dive bomb move on you into turn 2 on lap 1. Thankfully there was no contact.

Good race all round. Argo you gotta keep your foot in it all the way until you know for sure the checkered flag is waving!
Good first showing Bowink hope you join us again in China.

I could have had first if it wasn't for a lengthy pit stop...I forgot to turn off front aero fix. :x When I setup my pit strategy I thought I was going to have damaged my front end in the early stages of the race. I set some fast laps before the AI came in to pit and he came out only 1 second ahead of me. Once his new tires kicked in he was off into the distance again.

See you folks next week.

No worries Chris I'll be there next week , I get up at 5:30am work till 5:00 pm as everyone prolly but I was spent last night....I drink caffeine all day then switch to beer when I get home ...haha...maybe try coffee next week....maybe ..lol...see you guys next week \m/

I just ran a couple test laps at zhuhai and ran a 1:36:018 not sure if that's fast enough but I corrected the oversteer lol

Not running much quicker than that myself.
Can't get the left sode of the car to settle down. Tires hopping like a toddler on candy

Yeah I only ran like 3 laps I was only working on correcting the oversteer I'll be focus on quicker lap times in practice and maybe a few tweaks .

Hmm... Guess I need to pull the car out and run some laps. I haven't run this circuit before.

Not sure if Brad will make it this week but the track will be open at 15 to the hour as in previous weeks.

See you guys then!

OK, so that race blew. A glitch in the middle of the race trapped the Corvettes in the pits, unable to exit. (Some say... they were in there to have recalled parts changed...) One of the Corvettes was leading when he entered the pits. This jacked up the whole race. It became an extended practice session. We will re-rack this one and do it again next week - hopefully with no glitches. LeMans will be pushed out one more week.

Back