Group C Challenge - 300KM of Monza - Finished

• Thread starter Drex124
  • 212 comments
Was originally going to run the same RX-7 LM race car inspired livery I ran in the Fuji event, but a change of heart saw me choose a very unique and forgotten Mazda livery to use, very much of it's era. The livery in question is based on the one-off Mazda 323f ran by Matt Neal in the '94 Touring Car World Cup. I must admit, a lot the the fun with these organised events has been in creating/replicating the liveries for the cars in question :lol:.

20200903215520.jpg

From the rough testing I have been doing, it would suggest a window of 15-20 laps* for tyres and fuel for those of us in Mazdas. Though I need to nail down my strategy, and my braking points for T1/Rettifilo too!

*Edit: Make that a window of 13-18 laps actually, or thereabouts.

Last edited:
Was originally going to run the same RX-7 LM race car inspired livery I ran in the Fuji event, but a change of heart saw me choose a very unique and forgotten Mazda livery to use, very much of it's era. The livery in question is based on the one-off Mazda 323f ran by Matt Neal in the '94 Touring Car World Cup. I must admit, a lot the the fun with these organised events has been in creating/replicating the liveries for the cars in question :lol:.

View attachment 955016

From the rough testing I have been doing, it would suggest a window of 15-20 laps* for tyres and fuel for those of us in Mazdas. Though I need to nail down my strategy, and my braking points for T1/Rettifilo too!

*Edit: Make that a window of 13-18 laps actually, or thereabouts.
Noice livery =)!

How are you all placing decals on the lower front corners underneath the headlights? The decals keep disappearing when I try to move them there on the Sauber no matter which work area I choose to place it on.

Strategy-wise, I estimate the Nissan to last up to 18 laps on fuel, so will probably run a 2-stopper with 17-lap stints.

I did 10 laps, but didn't pay much attention to fuel usage or tyre wear, but I'm pretty sure the tyres were just getting warmed up by lap 10 and I'm sure I had more than half a tank of fuel left. I'm not sure what power GT's BoP gives the Porsche, and how that compares to what @Drex124 's BoP, but Svenno's comparison of the Group C cars a while back had the Porsche as the most frugal.

Did some more practice last night, and in my mediocre hands at least tyres were starting to struggle by about lap 15, and fuel marginal by lap 16. Though admittedly I wasn't really doing much fuel saving (too tempting to at times let the 787b scream beyond the redline :lol:). Looks like it could be close between a 2 stopper and a 3 stopper for me, but tyre conservation has never been a strength of mine, so we'll see what happens as racing conditions can be very different.

Last edited:
How are you all placing decals on the lower front corners underneath the headlights? The decals keep disappearing when I try to move them there on the Sauber no matter which work area I choose to place it on.

There some tricks to it, you can move the camera before applying the decal, and you can also alter the depth of the decal. :)

More laps done. My guess is that you guys will be pulling close to 1:30s. I managed a couple of 1:37s, but mostly 1:38s.

I did a offline time trial, I’m not sure what the fuel settings are in that. I managed 1’35 once. I usually don’t hit my marks like that and I feel this car will consume lots of fuel. So 300km is a big ?

It will definitely be a good time though.

I did a offline time trial, I’m not sure what the fuel settings are in that. I managed 1’35 once. I usually don’t hit my marks like that and I feel this car will consume lots of fuel. So 300km is a big ?

I was running a lobby with the settings given in the first post of this thread. Sometimes the time trials in arcade mode do not give you the same track conditions and you end up with better grip and faster times, then you come to the race and suddenly it all feels a lot slicker and the brake points change. I also used to find that with the daily races between qualifying and the race, even for races with no tyre wear!

I set the lobby to "friends only " to avoid any unnecessary distractions.

I was running a lobby with the settings given in the first post of this thread. Sometimes the time trials in arcade mode do not give you the same track conditions and you end up with better grip and faster times, then you come to the race and suddenly it all feels a lot slicker and the brake points change. I also used to find that with the daily races between qualifying and the race, even for races with no tyre wear!

I set the lobby to "friends only " to avoid any unnecessary distractions.
Yeah I figure online and with some fuel in the tank I’ll be doing 38’s or more. I just wanted to hop in the car and do a few laps.

@GOTMAXPOWER @Sven Jurgens @Michelin Man @R_Goldstreiff @VulcanSpirit @Adam Barber @K1LLD0z3R @KosmoKazi @Invisigoth @RacingGrandpa @RACECAR @GTWolverine @Panoz @RoadRageDudez

26 hour ish roll call, and a reminder to sent a friend request to Drex125 on PSN, as the lobby will be set to friends only.

@DelboyD @Pigems @Kermit_2142

There's at least one spot open if one of you thinks they can make it.

Also I'll have a practice lobby open in about two hours from now for anyone interested.

Can’t confirm for sure yet. sorry!

@GOTMAXPOWER @Sven Jurgens @Michelin Man @R_Goldstreiff @VulcanSpirit @Adam Barber @K1LLD0z3R @KosmoKazi @Invisigoth @RacingGrandpa @RACECAR @GTWolverine @Panoz @RoadRageDudez

26 hour ish roll call, and a reminder to sent a friend request to Drex125 on PSN, as the lobby will be set to friends only.

@DelboyD @Pigems @Kermit_2142

There's at least one spot open if one of you thinks they can make it.

Also I'll have a practice lobby open in about two hours from now for anyone interested.
Affirmative. 👍

Back