[GSCC] GT Global Sports Car Championship | S2 Finished! Miata13b and Ares 85 are you series champs!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 270 comments
No qualifying points this round huh? Still good to be back in the swing of things

tl;dr for the paragraph below: No, points only from the race.

Long answer: I was never a fan of bonus points to begin with, unless its from two rounds of racing like we did. What I've found is that if I had implemented fastest lap bonus points or pole position bonus points for past series, they would go to maybe two or three people for the whole season. And points just from the race keeps it simpler. Less thinking for my monkey brain to do.

GT3 points!

No GTC points because we haven't had a round with them yet. Hopefully, that will change when we head up to Silverstone this week!
Gonna be tough to pull away points wise, 1 point gaps could leave a really tight finish!!

Also, Murica!

Couple of driver related things before tonight's race.

First thing to clear up: The reason @Rob Ledwell was not included in the points from last week was because he was racing out of class. I don't think that will be a problem tonight.

Second is just to briefly mention track limits. This place has a lot of runoff, so I just wanted to mention what's good and what's not. The photos are form last series, but the principle is the same.

Okay:

Not Okay:

Pretty simple. Any race incidents can be brought up to me after the race.

The pit lane isn't that complex this round. The only thing I'd say is to stay to the right of the track on pit exit if you rejoin and other people are racing past.

That should be it! See you guys tonight!

Sorry I couldn't make it this week, was at the track all week. Started building a bathroom facility on Monday, dug a hole for the poop tank on Tuesday, finished grading and installing the tank along with finishing up the building on Wednesday, and yesterday consisted of ripping up flooring in the timing and scoring booth, hooking up electricity to the bathroom, plumbing it down to the holding tank, and running gravel and sand back and forth. Good news is I won't have to pay for my race entry fee for tomorrow :D (Or for the rest of the season)

First race weekend is upon me, will get some video for your viewing pleasure.

congrats to TNR with a the wicked pace and Ares.

I agree with TNR the tvr's were a little to nice in allowing the pass. I think if they just hold their normal line it would be better for everyone. Just a thought.

Also SlOW don't feel so bad about your pace. I tested the corvette and it was a handful. I'm sure you'll bring it around.

See you all at SPA.

Great race last night, Congratulations @TNR_KING_FILO and @Ares85 :-)

Had some great racing last night along with bruising my left leg last night.

Well that was fun, Was going to finish second Then disconnected with 10 mins lefT :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: , I'll try to make spa. Nice Speed TNR.
That absolutely blew that you DC'ed. I was looking forward to challenging you for that position during the final lap.

Points after 2 rounds!

Last night's race was great, overall! Thank to my schedule, we'll be on break next week.

The good news is that gives you 2 weeks to prepare for Spa! We'll have maybe one or two rooms up next week, but the race won't be until the 30th. See you guys then!

Last edited:
Great fun last night. Had a good battle with @luvtadrive we were very even on pace at the start but I made a mistake in Maggotts and lost about 10 seconds. I pitted early for Mediums and picked up about 3 secs a lap and over took him when he pitted about 20 minutes later and just had to manage my LF as it gets tortured at that track. For some reason the other 2 TVR's used RH the whole race, although @Ares85 was still faster. Hope we get some more drivers, lots of fun.
As far as letting GT3's pass I felt like I drove my race, if they caught me at the wrong time, I took my apex and they had to wait. It seemed to go good though, only felt I might have chopped @miata13B one time when he wasn't expecting, sorry dude.

Back