[GSCC] GT Global Sports Car Championship | S2 Finished! Miata13b and Ares 85 are you series champs!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 270 comments
Great fun last night. Had a good battle with @luvtadrive we were very even on pace at the start but I made a mistake in Maggotts and lost about 10 seconds. I pitted early for Mediums and picked up about 3 secs a lap and over took him when he pitted about 20 minutes later and just had to manage my LF as it gets tortured at that track. For some reason the other 2 TVR's used RH the whole race, although @Ares85 was still faster. Hope we get some more drivers, lots of fun.
As far as letting GT3's pass I felt like I drove my race, if they caught me at the wrong time, I took my apex and they had to wait. It seemed to go good though, only felt I might have chopped @miata13B one time when he wasn't expecting, sorry dude.
Don't worry about it. I came up on you and watching you drive I thought I saw you switching lines, by the time I made my decision to on where to pass I had to brake hard to avoid a close incident had I proceeded.

congrats to TNR with a the wicked pace and Ares.

I agree with TNR the tvr's were a little to nice in allowing the pass. I think if they just hold their normal line it would be better for everyone. Just a thought.

Also SlOW don't feel so bad about your pace. I tested the corvette and it was a handful. I'm sure you'll bring it around.

See you all at SPA.
Thing is I don't know if it's all my cars but they just seem to feel weird to me.what kind of times were you running at spa when you tested(for comparison)

I don't remember the times but I do remember thinking the corvette needed to much work for me to feel comfortable. I liked the z4 the most but it did not make the final choices.

well I have two base tunes that i'm testing one called "Twingo and the other is "Voltron".I ran Voltron last night which weirdly enough was tested in the wet at spa,the car doesn't normally handle like that.The Twingo set up is actually from my street car c6 corvette that damn near won the series i ran it in with another friend.It works brilliantly with softs.I usually have a habit of setting up the car with running racing hard tires but lately it's been almost the exact opposite.I just have to take a few days to possibly redo the tune.It just might need to be tightened up with anti roll bars and maybe a new trans tune to optimize the horsepower delivery.

great race guys! with the TVR's it is easier to predict where a slower car is going if they take the racing line, as what @d4rizob said take the apex it's the faster guy's problem to get round you. See you at spa :gtpflag:

Great tire management by Rob Ledwell. I expected to repass him with 10min left when I thought he'd have to pit again after pitting early on lap 16? Never saw him again. I ran same times that I practiced . Though my car was hurting at the end of the race sitting at 479pp @ 292 hp & needing a chassis rebuild(I never touched anything during the race) I don't think having a fresh car under me would have changed the outcome. I'am slow but try to be steady. Good race . Clean & respectful. I also had left foot heel burn with about 10 min. to go. forgot to put on my socks.

Good races last night.. silverstone was my worst track testing for the ford, it ate tires and was pretty bad on fuel , I've got less down force than the rest of the GT3 cars so I'm nice and slippery for Spa though!

Good races last night.. silverstone was my worst track testing for the ford, it ate tires and was pretty bad on fuel , I've got less down force than the rest of the GT3 cars so I'm nice and slippery for Spa though!
Just don't sneeze! :lol:

Spa Francorchamps room will be up in a few minutes. It won't be an official practice room, so if you would like to drop by, you can.

I just got an invite to an endurance race this weekend that I need to tune for and get it down. I'll try stopping by but I am focused on this tonight :-(

Back