[GSCC] GT Global Sports Car Championship | S2 Finished! Miata13b and Ares 85 are you series champs!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 270 comments
congrats to Flip on the win. very good pace and strategy on the hard. for some reason i was under the impression that you had to use both compounds at least once. :banghead: to much F1 and v8 supercar i guess.:lol:

congrats to Flip on the win. very good pace and strategy on the hard. for some reason i was under the impression that you had to use both compounds at least once. :banghead: to much F1 and v8 supercar i guess.:lol:

Thanks mate 👍 Wasn't expecting it at all.

Yeah, the medium tire is quite literally the 'option' tire for this series. You don't need to use it... but you can. I'm waiting to see if and when someone is gonna try a one stopper. ;)

hey flip like i said before in a message.I tried to get the car competitive but i'm withdrawing from the series.

hey Slow don't do that it will come with time. like I mentioned before that car is a handful and needs a lot of work on the tune!!

Congrats to Flip and Vel, great race both of you. It was a rather interesting race last night. The Scorn of Spa has struck again. No matter the race I always have an incident from Les Combes to Bruxelles no matter what.

This time a rather good thing though because I thought I had enough gas to make in until the end, but I didn't. After a quick calculation after the incident and losing about 10 seconds because of it, the refueling went not as good as I thought. The last two laps it was all about nursing the gas, SoCal had me worried because of it. Luckily didn't run out of gas at all.

It was very interesting to see the different strategies come into play. Great race everyone, especially every spec class racer. You guys held your lines and ran your race. There is a lot of credit to give to that. After last year running in the spec class it can become real tough to not only have to deal with your own racing, but to deal with the faster cars is stressful at times.

Can't wait until next week :-)

Sorry I left early was really tired and had to wake up very early in morning, a 3hour drive became 5 hours, dam southern ca traffic. I'll make sure I'm competitive and ready to go for next season.

Week at a glance:

Practice for the Red Bull Ring will be at 11:30pm on Tuesday and Wednesday night. Racing on Thursday!

Keep in mind that next week (the week of Aug. 13th) is an off week for this series.
However, our own @Ares85 is hosting a single day, Lotus enduro event that week! I won't be able to make it, but it looks like it should be fun! The event is set for Saturday morning, August 15th in Poland, so I believe that will be Friday night the 14th in the US...? (Ares, correct me on that, if you would)

Edit: I looked this up, it looks like it's 10:30pm EST on Friday, August 14th. I think...

So if you need your racing fix next week, give this a look over!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-looking-for-interested.332687/#post-10888453

Last edited:
Week at a glance:

Practice for the Red Bull Ring will be at 11:30pm on Tuesday and Wednesday night. Racing on Thursday!

Keep in mind that next week (the week of Aug. 13th) is an off week for this series.
However, our own @Ares85 is hosting a single day, Lotus enduro event that week! I won't be able to make it, but it looks like it should be fun! The event is set for Saturday morning, August 15th in Poland, so I believe that will be Friday night the 14th in the US...? (Ares, correct me on that, if you would)

Edit: I looked this up, it looks like it's 10:30pm EST on Friday, August 14th. I think...

So if you need your racing fix next week, give this a look over!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-looking-for-interested.332687/#post-10888453

Yes you are right, the race is set so as you say,
room for challenge is set for 10:30 pm EST on Friday, qualifying begins at 11:00 pm EST.

The second thing, unfortunately I can not start in the next race, because I'm about out of town whit my family, I thought I would have the opportunity to connect consoles somewhere because I took her with me, but unfortunately only TV that my aunt had broke down two days ago :nervous::(:guilty:👎👎👎.

Last edited:
So unfortunately, last night wasn't meant to be. Enough people didn't show up to race. So we'll postpone the Red Bull Ring round until the 20th, and resume the schedule after that. Updates to the schedule will come later.

So unfortunately, last night wasn't meant to be. Enough people didn't show up to race. So we'll postpone the Red Bull Ring round until the 20th, and resume the schedule after that. Updates to the schedule will come later.
Sorry about last night. My schedule has changed and I'm getting up earlier than I used to, and I have had a hard time staying awake for these races. I'm not giving up and will try and adjust for Thursday's. Maybe a nap if my kids will let me. I'm pretty new to GTP and you and this series have been great and really want to continue.

I meant to make it. I really did. I even showed up, but my internet kicked me and then my gf showed up and well, as flip said, it wasnt meant to be :P

I think he means racing that night... :sly:
Yeah we are going to file that under "should have not been drunkenly posting last night".... you should see the note I wrote for my wife explaining why I slept in the man cave because of snoring...

Quick update:

Just a reminder that we are off this week. The following Thursday, we will run the final 3 rounds of the championship for the next 3 consecutive weeks.

Also, from tonight to Wednesday, I will be conducting some preliminary testing for the future of this series. Some of you know what I'm on about. But if anyone's available this week, drop by the room and we'll fill you in on the weird crap I have in my head.

Last thing: Ares85's Lotus enduro is this Friday night (US time). So if you need to race this week, here's the link below:

Last edited:
Quick update:

Just a reminder that we are off this week. The following Thursday, we will run the final 3 rounds of the championship for the next 3 consecutive weeks.

Also, from tonight to Wednesday, I will be conducting some preliminary testing for the future of this series. Some of you know what I'm on about. But if anyone's available this week, drop by the room and we'll fill you in on the weird crap I have in my head.

Last thing: Ares85's Lotus enduro is this Friday night (US time). So if you need to race this week, here's the link below:

Hey guys, if any of you are interested in taking part in my challenge, informs the race was moved to August 29 because I have to go to work tomorrow.

Okay, that was my last week off.

We have 3 races of this thing left, and they should be fun ones!

We'll go for the Red Bull Ring again this week, then take it to Le Sarthe and Suzuka for following weeks. A note for TVR: If we get enough to make a class, then we'll run them. If not, I'm not opposed to those guys jumping in a GT3 and racing just to get these last races in.

I'll have a room for RBR up tonight (mainly so I can take a little refresher :D). See you guys then!

Back