GT 6 pre-orders very low

• Thread starter bigspleen
  • 539 comments
I'm no one's brother - I'm an only child.

Also, to which thread do you refer, please?

Edit: and what did many people do? You have a problem with being specific?

Often referred to as "cryptic". A little annoying isn't it bro'?:lol:

BTW, the Sunrise Centre is the mall at Fischer-Hallman and Ottawa? I was there a couple of weeks ago picking up a TV for my Dad. :cheers:. Used to live at Fischer-Hallman and Victoria.:eek:

I quote myself.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/14211121/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_vg_1_5_last

GT6 is now in 1st position, meaning that the GT6's preorders have exceeded the total GT5 preorders+sales since the game launch.

Where does Amazon explain how they come to their rankings? Because I can't find it anywhere on their site.

And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see GT6 standing near the top of the PS3 Racing game genre. What else is there to compete against? This list has it sitting at 14th in general PS3 games, and this list doesn't even have it cracking the Top 100 (Madden, 12th in the first list, hits 94th), though that list is populated with a lot of hardware and accessories, as I can't find a general multiplatform gaming list.

"Hot New Releases" has GT6 at 61st. The same list limited to just PS3 games has GT6 at 9th.

Whats the problem with preordering? Its not like putting a deposit on an unseen not even on the drawing tablet, future Ferrari or Aston Martin. Its only 60-110 bucks. If you dont like it trade it back for the 32bucks youll get for it. Simple. :cheers:

Often referred to as "cryptic". A little annoying isn't it bro'?:lol:

BTW, the Sunrise Centre is the mall at Fischer-Hallman and Ottawa? I was there a couple of weeks ago picking up a TV for my Dad. :cheers:. Used to live at Fischer-Hallman and Victoria.:eek:

That's close to where I live. Close...

And, this whole "cryptic" thing drives me nuts. Why can't people just be specific enough to at least be understand-able?

That's close to where I live. Close...

And, this whole "cryptic" thing drives me nuts. Why can't people just be specific enough to at least be understand-able?

Almost ex-neighbours:cheers:. My first house was on Benesfort Court, the ex is on Hidden Creek off Westforest Trail just down Victoria.

I quote myself.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/14211121/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_vg_1_5_last

GT6 is now in 1st position, meaning that the GT6's preorders have exceeded the total GT5 preorders+sales since the game launch.
Actually that means that GT6 is currently selling more than GT5 as one would expect. It does not mean that its preorders have already outsold GT5 pre orders nor GT 5 sales.

I do not know what time frame they are using, possibly the month of Nov possibly a shorter period but all it means is that in that period of time GT6 was the best seller. It has a long way to go to catch the sales figures of GT5 and if it even gets close it will be a win for PD

Actually that means that GT6 is currently selling more than GT5 as one would expect. It does not mean that its preorders have already outsold GT5 pre orders nor GT 5 sales.

I do not know what time frame they are using, possibly the month of Nov possibly a shorter period but all it means is that in that period of time GT6 was the best seller. It has a long way to go to catch the sales figures of GT5 and if it even gets close it will be a win for PD
Yes, I stand corrected. The sales positition would stabilize to some valid totals within the time, what means that ranking is that GT6 is selling better than a month back and at a good pace.

This is how the top is measured with books:
The list seems to be a series of weighted averages
"I'm not sure the exact number," Kessler says of the weightings, "but my guess is 40 percent hour, 30 percent day, 20 percent week, and 10 percent month. So if you have a huge spike in sales, you don't completely dislodge books that have been in the top 10 or top 100 for months and months. Though you might pass them for a very fun hour."

An Amazon spokeswoman essentially confirms his hunch when she says, "We base rankings on all-time sales, as well as recent sales that are weighted more heavily than older sales, so that our lists are timely and aren't always dominated by all-time best-sellers like Harry Potter."
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/32336521/#.UpWK-ify0hI

Yeah... I'm kinda doubting GT6 has outsold GT5's total sales to date before a single copy has even been shipped.
Probably not, GT5 was available for pre-orders for a longer time, they should be close in the end.

Once again no one is denying that GT6 is probably getting Pre-orders, however we instead said you can't quantify it and the criteria this site uses can't either. So since we have no solid factual number just the notion that yes it is increasing, we don't know how close or how far off they are from GT5 or any other GT and the notion of this thread being made is stupid. It was created by an OP that wanted to have an argument against GT6 due to being heavily anti-GT and now the numbers climb and the fans want to use it.
Who is "We?" all Tornado said was that VGchartz are not 100% accurate which is a fact, did you even read what i said? i said games in general not just GT, if you agree that it's raising then why start an arguement in the first place? it was my point from the beginning then you posted long messages with no sense, mentioning PS4 and talking about sales while i was talking about pre-orders, now you just agreed to what i said, what was the point in the arguement then? read what people say before posting.

Last edited:
Who is "We?" all Tornado said was that VGchartz are not 100% accurate which is a fact, did you even read what i said? i said games in general not just GT, if you agree that it's raising then why start an arguement in the first place?

I agree it's rising but I don't agree with VG saying how much since they don't have a accurate system. Common sense would dictate that it is probably increasing in pre-order sales even if we don't know by how much. Also Tornado echoed the original post I told you to read in the first place. So really I already was talking about what he said before he posted.

it was my point from the beginning then you posted long messages with no sense, mentioning PS4 and talking about sales while i was talking about pre-orders, now you just agreed to what i said, what was the point in the arguement then? read what people say before posting.

I read it just fine, you had to retract what you said and now you act as if you didn't. You claimed that these numbers were absolute from devs and retailers when they aren't and even said I don't know about game sales when you were proven wrong. It just seems you want to win an argument at this point. This all started due to your post about how this will possibly beat GT5, when it doesn't look to be and we wont know due to post already explaining that. Once again I explained this pretty clearly to you, that due to such a short span between now and Dec. 6th unless people wait last minute, I doubt even VG's number will go far beyond now. Many hardcore fans will wait to purchase the game after release thus hurting the amount of pre-orders and subsequently stopping it from beating GT5.

Worst part of all this is I read and thought about what you've said and then posted, but instead of rebuking in an sensible, intellectual manner you rather make me out to be someone that either doesn't pay attention or is incompetent at reading post all together. I'd say you should read and not skim, I agree partially with you and if you read any of the thread prior as asked of you, you'd see my position before our exchange. However, if you truly read and think about what I'm saying you'll see I don't agree with you in full, the premise of GT6 pre-order sales increasing is the only common thread we share, but by what degree and how we know or if there is factual way of knowing is the disagreement here.

Also the we is the many of us that have said or probably will have to say what Tornado posted.

They are proven by devs and publishers in most cases on VGChartz and that is when they become accurate and stay in the approximate range of sales, never said GT6 pre-orders were confirmed by devs or publishers, as i said, read what people say, the highest the pre-orders will go in my opinion on VGchartz is 300k, once again you talk about the same thing even though you just agreed with my MAIN point, learn when to stop.
Neil-DeGrasse-Tyson-Shaking-His-Head.gif

They are proven by devs and publishers in most cases on VGChartz and that is when they become accurate and stay in the approximate range of sales, never said GT6 pre-orders were confirmed by devs or publishers, as i said, read what people say, the highest the pre-orders will go in my opinion on VGchartz is 300k, once again you talk about the same thing even though you just agreed with my MAIN point, learn when to stop.
Neil-DeGrasse-Tyson-Shaking-His-Head.gif

Anyone with a sense will agree that GT6 is getting pre-ordered, what they wont agree with and haven't is where you get the info for how much. I've asked and AUP dictates that you prove what you're saying, members and staff have already said this website isn't fully viable in proving numbers. Yet you keep pulling this, you've become more hostile and daft because I disagree with you? And I need to learn when to stop?

What I put in bold and underlined seem to contradict what you are ultimately saying. You just said in the bold portion that publishers and devs prove the numbers most times, but then go on to say that you aren't claiming PD have done this, yet are still willing to stand by these numbers even though you don't know how they were formulated. Then you use a Niel Degrasse Tyson gif to insult when he'd actually go out and figure how the numbers were gleamed, I mean talk about the epitome of situational irony.

Anyone with a sense will agree that GT6 is getting pre-ordered, what they wont agree with and haven't is where you get the info for how much. I've asked and AUP dictates that you prove what you're saying, members and staff have already said this website isn't fully viable in proving numbers. Yet you keep pulling this, you've become more hostile and daft because I disagree with you? And I need to learn when to stop?

What I put in bold and underlined seem to contradict what you are ultimately saying. You just said in the bold portion that publishers and devs prove the numbers most times, but then go on to say that you aren't claiming PD have done this, yet are still willing to stand by these numbers even though you don't know how they were formulated. Then you use a Niel Degrasse Tyson gif to insult when he'd actually go out and figure how the numbers were gleamed, I mean talk about the epitome of situational irony.
once again, at the ending of the sentence it says "SALES", the underline part is about pre-orders, when i said in most cases is when devs and publishers give the sales to public, that is when VGchartz goes back on track, again i'm not talking about pre-orders but sales now.
you really have trouble understanding, you proved my point already, why keep trying?

once again, at the ending of the sentence it says "SALES", the underline part is about pre-orders, you really have trouble understanding, you proved my point already, why keep trying?

Are you purposely acting as if I dont understand you. Once again others are reading what you've said and countering it, I'm not the only one. VG doesn't have any real science and I've asked you to find it if you really think it does as AUP dictates. Also yet again I realize what you're saying, but what stands still is why use VG still then keep defending when you already agreed to some capacity with Tornado even though he was debunking VG as well, like I've been doing?

I mean is it my avatar, the tone you seem to convey from me that isn't there, perhaps in your mind I wear my hat a big funny. Because I see you pushing hard against me but anyone else that says likewise against you, it whatever...I'm confused. Care to explain?

Also I'll make it simple

Common sense says that GT6 will have pre-orders everyone will agree to that.

However, many will disagree with what quantity they are at and even if they'll reach the number you've guessed at. Which is the basis of my argument.

Me agreeing to the fact that there is say even one pre-order or more doesn't mean I fall in line with your rhetoric. The world I'm afraid isn't that black and white.

Are you purposely acting as if I dont understand you. Once again others are reading what you've said and countering it, I'm not the only one. VG doesn't have any real science and I've asked you to find it if you really think it does as AUP dictates. Also yet again I realize what you're saying, but what stands still is why use VG still then keep defending when you already agreed to some capacity with Tornado even though he was debunking VG as well, like I've been doing?

I mean is it my avatar, the tone you seem to convey from me that isn't there, perhaps in your mind I wear my hat a big funny. Because I see you pushing hard against me but anyone else that says likewise against you, it whatever...I'm confused. Care to explain?
Did i ever say VGChartz was accurate? i said they are usually close to the real numbers (example: GT5 sales were 10.1mil on VG and then PD announces GT5 sold 10.5mil) they are usually close to the real thing however they are not accurate in 100%, i never said they were.
this is probably my last reply to you since you obviously assume that i said things without even reading, read all my posts again, maybe you'll understand.

Did i ever say VGChartz was accurate? i said they are usually close to the real numbers (example: GT5 sales were 10.1mil on VG and then PD announces GT5 sold 10.5mil) they are usually close to the real thing however they are not accurate in 100%, i never said they were.

Then why use them, you've already shown that the best time to use the site is in actual sales and not pre-orders. Also PD's Quarterly sales of games isn't like trying to find the secret recipe to Coca-Cola, it's quite open to the public to see and probably the same source VG got the numbers hence the mirror image.

this is probably my last reply to you since you obviously assume that i said things without even reading, read all my posts again, maybe you'll understand.

I did and many people like myself spoke against you, and you still have yet to argue them. At least when I have multiple people disputing me I reply to them all.

Once again you aren't even addressing what I'm saying and just trying to find the exit as soon as possible which is fine, I tend to drag these out.

That's a 400,000 difference, that's a pretty big gap. Seems very inaccurate to me.

We'll never have actual figures for GT6 until the game is released. @LMSCorvetteGT2 is saying that he doesn't doubt that the pre-order numbers are going up, BUT by how much we don't know - hence VGChartz being void.

Then why use them, you've already shown that the best time to use the site is in actual sales and not pre-orders. Also PD's Quarterly sales of games isn't like trying to find the secret recipe to Coca-Cola, it's quite open to the public to see and probably the same source VG got the numbers hence the mirror image.

I did and many people like myself spoke against you, and you still have yet to argue them. At least when I have multiple people disputing me I reply to them all.

Once again you aren't even addressing what I'm saying and just trying to find the exit as soon as possible which is fine, I tend to drag these out.
Any other website we can get weekly numbers from? link?
People use V GChartz because it's the only place you can actually see the numbers, it's the limit for us in knowledge, they are not accurate but that's the closest we can get and guess the real numbers.

He makes a good point about VGchartz, they may not be accurate but as far as i know, the confirmed numbers are always close to the numbers VGchartz gave before the confirmation, if you hate VG so badly then find a new source of numbers for us? if you can't then i don't see the point in hating on eachother.

People use V GChartz because it's the only place you can actually see the numbers, it's the limit for us in knowledge, they are not accurate but that's the closest we can get and guess the real numbers.

He makes a good point about VGchartz, they may not be accurate but as far as i know, the confirmed numbers are always close to the numbers VGchartz gave before the confirmation, if you hate VG so badly then find a new source of numbers for us? if you can't then i don't see the point in hating on eachother.

The person making claims are the one's that are normally responsible for backing them up!

Read what the other two said, it's been disproved by many I just said it several times in that past 3 pages. I understand how accessible and easy it is to read one post and sympathize with user A over user B. However, there is an entire thread to read and it usually shows similar instances of what just happened and why people like me are saying "no".

That's a 400,000 difference, that's a pretty big gap. Seems very inaccurate to me.

We'll never have actual figures for GT6 until the game is released. @LMSCorvetteGT2 is saying that he doesn't doubt that the pre-order numbers are going up, BUT by how much we don't know - hence VGChartz being void.

Dont think less than 5% discrepancy is too large tbh. That's what you'd call quite accurate.

...So you say this ironically and yet have done the same thing, because no one is the world would do that so soon? I have friends that have already started to get bored with PS4 and are waiting for a surplus of games to start showing, MS is worse and we even have people on here returning FM5 and waiting for GT6. That looks like a return from a new console to an old, but hey I assume to much but not you though. :dopey:
Well then, I suggest that your friends didn't really do their research before buying - which I mentioned in the reply below to SaulWolfden...

I understand why some might, though buying a console for one or two games seems a bit silly - I never did get the whole buying a console for one game only rationale.
I think for those who have done that, they might be surprised by the indie games if they do go a'lookin'.
Those you mention who have returned FM5, I can only assume are ones who are not happy with the game, rather than the console - therefore I reiterate - outside of people buying without knowing that the launch games list will satisfy them, why would anyone get bored of a new-gen console?

I'm guilty as well... i only buy Playstations (Same with the Steering wheels) because of Gran Turismo games, usually end up buying some games to change up a bit, but always find myself returning to GT and never touching the other game again.
So that's:
PS1 - 300 euro + GT1 (60) + GT2 (60) (gifts though as i was 4 at the time haha)
PS2 - 300 euro + GT3 (60) + GT4 (60) + Logitech G25 (300) + Got all concept GT's and GT4P hacked as i couldnt find them to buy which i had to chip my ps2 at the time (100 euro)
PS3 phat - (700) + GT5P (50) + PS3 slim (300) + G27 (300) + GT5 (60) + GT6 ANNiversary(69.99)
So yeah quite an expensive hobb GT is and now im getting interested in the T500 rs and the sequential ****er lol (700 euro) LOL
SO that's 2700 euro to Play GT series and now it's gonna cost me more to buy the T500
And to think i judged people for calling me crazy LOL

Last edited:
Well then, I suggest that your friends didn't really do their research before buying - which I mentioned in the reply below to SaulWolfden...

Those you mention who have returned FM5, I can only assume are ones who are not happy with the game, rather than the console - therefore I reiterate - outside of people buying without knowing that the launch games list will satisfy them, why would anyone get bored of a new-gen console?

And for the exact reason I specified that is why, you'd be surprised how many people buy on impulse just because it's the next big electronic device. Also those who only bought and XB1 for FM5 and sold it and will wait for other games on XB1 are going to turn away form that console and go back the PS3 for GT6 as they've said, this is possibly due to them being sim racers. Fact still remains that I did give other reasons than this, you clinging to it is a bit questionable. Also I never indicated that anyone was mad with the consoles rather just the lack of what they have at this time, hence going back to the last gen until more big name games hit.

And for the exact reason I specified that is why, you'd be surprised how many people buy on impulse just because it's the next big electronic device. Also those who only bought and XB1 for FM5 and sold it and will wait for other games on XB1 are going to turn away form that console and go back the PS3 for GT6 as they've said, this is possibly due to them being sim racers. Fact still remains that I did give other reasons than this, you clinging to it is a bit questionable. Also I never indicated that anyone was mad with the consoles rather just the lack of what they have at this time, hence going back to the last gen until more big name games hit.
Nor did I say anywhere that people are mad with the consoles...
I initially pulled out your observation about people getting bored of the next-gen because I was questioning that particular point - so not clinging really, you questioned in return and so I answered.

Look, I'm not interested in seeing another two page back and forth dominate this thread, so I'm dropping it here.

I initially pulled out your observation about people getting bored of the next-gen because I was questioning that particular point - so not clinging really, you questioned in return and so I answered.

Look, I'm not interested in seeing another two page back and forth dominate this thread, so I'm dropping it here.

That's fine. I was just trying to say that I never indicated but you seemed to imply or at least that is how I read it from your last post. I'm sure people who turned in FM5 for money back have no qualms about the XB1 it'd be to early too I'd say, all I was saying originally is content would be the driving force of people staying or going back.

He replies and complete goes off-topic, it's the best to just ignore mate.

He replies and complete goes off-topic, it's the best to just ignore mate.

How so? Other people echoed what I said to you and they understood just fine my disagreements with you and shared them. So for you to sit there and not take this personal dig approach isn't a good idea, read the AUP and move on. If you want to debate this further we can, but to continue to make it personal is asinine.

Latest Posts

Back