GT Academy Edition Challenge Online Qualifying TT

Nice time blazingbullet, keep pushing!

haha thanks man. You've definitely given me a run for my money! :scared:

There's not a lot left I can do for the kiwis though! I'm reaching beyond my limits.

Then you gotta remember about "the terrible trio", and how they're going to lock out the top 3 spots :nervous:

It still sucks that I wasn't able to participate in this but I find it funny now that 4 of the top 6 eligible people are Spanish :lol: Nice job Immortal to get into the 1:44s! Nice job with your laps as well Rutter and Bullet. Keep going! :)

It still sucks that I wasn't able to participate in this but I find it funny now that 4 of the top 6 eligible people are Spanish :lol: Nice job Immortal to get into the 1:44s! Nice job with your laps as well Rutter and Bullet. Keep going! :)

If the Americas were allowed to participate the top 250 will look very different from what it looks like now!

I had a peek at the 2 top Spanish guys times and I'm not a big fan of their driving styles. The consistent over-revving just takes away the beauty from those laps. For the record I have nothing against that - just giving my 2 cents on this Gran Turismo based art form :)

Lol anyways rant over. These last 3 and a half days will truly be a sprint to the finish and good luck to everyone still competing :cheers:

Thibault has started lapping on this TT again it seems. Expecting some mega time soon from both him and Arnaud.

Is anyone else getting the problem of finishing ahead of your best ghost time and still posting a slower lap? I've done it a couple of times today (some with clear margins against the ghost) and it's still showing as 0.1 or 0.2 slower...

Is anyone else getting the problem of finishing ahead of your best ghost time and still posting a slower lap? I've done it a couple of times today (some with clear margins against the ghost) and it's still showing as 0.1 or 0.2 slower...

Unfortunately no...my best ghost was set at 1'47'2xx in a moment of (for me) divine inspiration more than a week ago. I haven't come within 0.5 seconds since. I'm going to work on it today when I get bored with the WRS so I'll look out for it

I have encountered an issue several times where ghost disappears entirely until you exit out it and load track again. It happens very rarely. This may have been your problem, hard to tell its happened unless you mess up bad and wonder why the ghost didn't come past..

I have encountered an issue several times where ghost disappears entirely until you exit out it and load track again. It happens very rarely. This may have been your problem, hard to tell its happened unless you mess up bad and wonder why the ghost didn't come past..

Sure you're not hitting the up-arrow on the D-pad by mistake? This hides the ghost by default.

Ah, this TT for me like tutorial "How to race a very quick lap without braking"
Now 1:46.6** for first two days of practice, not bad, but not good so.

Could be a timing/ghost bug with the challenge. They had a big update for online racing that fixed the timing bug last year but since this is a TT maybe this is a different story?

Exiting and then re-entering definitely gets rid of the issue but a little frustating to not know whether I actually set a faster time or not...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Haven't turned any laps on GT5 since last Tuesday. Gap closing everyday so better get back on track and hope for a lucky lap.

Haven't turned any laps on GT5 since last Tuesday. Gap closing everyday so better get back on track and hope for a lucky lap.

I think lucky lap is no good way for best result.
Stable laps time is right way, because you know each corner and can watch and fix your mistakes.

Stable laps time is right way, because you know each corner and can watch and fix your mistakes.
You need a lucky lap when you are talking about improving by less than a tenth to go top. Stable laps and knowing how to fix your mistakes I think is already done if you are so close to top. Only way to increase chances of getting that "lucky" lap is knocking on its door more often by running more laps.

You need a lucky lap when you are talking about improving by less than a tenth to go top. Stable laps and knowing how to fix your mistakes I think is already done if you are so close to top. Only way to increase chances of getting that "lucky" lap is knocking on its door more often by running more laps.

I mean - you need to know why time is less on you lucky lap, not like "wow, i make a best lap, but i dont know how" =)

You do realize that Rutter is currently at 4th place? I'd say his opinion is golden ;)

You do realize that Rutter is currently at 4th place? I'd say his opinion is golden ;)

No, for what ? We just talking =)

From another side - i start too late, and now i need just 1.5s for top ten, and i know where i miss it. but now i dont have time for training =(
Double work is crazy.
But it not stop me, yesterday i buy another one PS3 for my workplace... =)

Ti-Tech has finally made his move. 44.960. Thats crazy!

All we waiting for now is Phenicks083 to fill out the attendence list.

Even if i dont get top 6 it would be nice to add a bit of blue flag to the top 10 list. :)

Even if i dont get top 6 it would be nice to add a bit of blue flag to the top 10 list. :)

Truly alien. Doesn't show a lap since jan 3rd then straight into first. I wish you luck with those last 2 tenths BB, and Rutter and IP too, but what with elchoco and the triplets that's one too many ;). May the best men win.

Nice time man, great job. 👍 Wouldn't be surprised if Ti-tech85 goes to 1:44.8.

The times are tumbling. Hats off to anyone in the top hundred and beyond really, some of the top laps I've watched are virtual perfection in driving. Will all come down to hundreths of a second come the end of the month I'm sure.

I mean - you need to know why time is less on you lucky lap, not like "wow, i make a best lap, but i dont know how" =)
Good advice if you are say quite a bit off the pace and then improve by a lot without knowing how but when you already know how and already very close to target, it requires that little bit of luck to go your way. You can make your own luck though by attempting it more often.

Good advice if you are say quite a bit off the pace and then improve by a lot without knowing how but when you already know how and already very close to target, it requires that little bit of luck to go your way. You can make your own luck though by attempting it more often.

In current TT i don`t believe in luck, because nothing can prevent you on empty track. Except you.

In current TT i don`t believe in luck, because nothing can prevent you on empty track. Except you.

I live way up north so I have to account for the Earth's magnetic flux affecting the flow of electrons in my DFGT more so than you lucky guys down in Europe. Damn those Northern Lights! Explains all the Spaniards eh?
minima maxima sunt as they used to say.

Exactly. 👍 Well the triplets are all in the top 6 now.

I live way up north so I have to account for the Earth's magnetic flux affecting the flow of electrons in my DFGT more so than you lucky guys down in Europe. Damn those Northern Lights! Explains all the Spaniards eh?
minima maxima sunt as they used to say.

💡 Сan wrap the steering wheel is in the foil? 👍

There is still some "luck" factor, you make your own luck though. Say you are doing hundreds of laps trying to improve by about half a tenth, knowing your best sectors would be good enough but fail numerous times and then get that lucky go where everything goes for you. That is the "luck" factor there.

Exactly. 👍 Well the triplets are all in the top 6 now.
Yep. Seen them referred to as triplets twice now, they are just brothers.

Should be an interesting battle in top six now given the positions. It is sort of expected the current changes in positions as vicentitoelchoco and migueel659444 were the recent people near or in top six to improve slightly before doing their current fastest time. They probably done enough of this: :banghead: and now like this: :)

We might see some crazy lap time by Arnaud, and a few more in .9XX by close. It might go to just one .0XX time goes through in top six. Could all stay the same though. Hoping Thomas makes it.

Yep. Seen them referred to as triplets twice now, they are just brothers.

We were kidding with the triplets thing, at least I was. ;) But I think the action might heat up some more in the next 30 hours, elchoco is getting pretty close to Arnaud!

Back