GT Academy: Fedup with folks who go off the track? Not playing clean?

• Thread starter Deuce350z
  • 476 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The additional sad thing is the lack of consistency in the penalty system
I'm surprised by the fact that looking at the top replay of the Cape that the lap can be done with at least 4 off track excursions.

Now that's consistant and sad!

And what is up with the server, is it down?
I was running laps at the Cape, improved my time, but it seems to be void as the server is down. WTF!!!

EDIT: up and running again.
What a farce.

It is consistent. Can't have more than 3 wheels off in the corners, and you can have all 4 on the straights.

It's the same for the whole track.

Wait till I start using the wall to brake faster at Rome, THEN you guys will be pissed, lol

(it can easily be done, haven't yet because that's hardcore even for me, but now that I won fair and square, it's time to show sony what they gotta change for next round. )

Wait till I start using the wall to brake faster at Rome, THEN you guys will be pissed, lol

(it can easily be done, haven't yet because that's hardcore even for me, but now that I won fair and square, it's time to show sony what they gotta change for next round. )

And I hope they do. 👍

And I hope they do. 👍

While I agree with you, I'm sure they won't.

Props to opportunists like Fix who make the most out of this competition. However, I'm sure that the cars/tracks/physics/rules/penalties/etc. are already set for next round no matter how many people go flying across the pit lane or begin using the wall to help them slow down.

Here we go again.

I'm here to win this competition so I can prove myself in a real car. What I do here has NOTHING to do with what I will do in real life or how I am going to drive. If you think I am stupid enough to cut corners I can't or anything like that in real life, then I am sorry to disappoint. I will always use what I can, however I can to go fast, and that will always be different in the game and IRL. The game is just to get to real life, not to help me drive in real life, not to teach me what to do.

Here we go again.

I'm here to win this competition so I can prove myself in a real car. What I do here has NOTHING to do with what I will do in real life or how I am going to drive. If you think I am stupid enough to cut corners I can't or anything like that in real life, then I am sorry to disappoint. I will always use what I can, however I can to go fast, and that will always be different in the game and IRL. The game is just to get to real life, not to help me drive in real life, not to teach me what to do.

I have no issue with your driving.
I think I might have won a poster from round 1, while you won the playseat.

Playseat > poster.

I can't believe I read all 19 pages. It sure was entertaining. I think R1600 got at least another 100 posts for his post count though!

What I can say is this: Real life and Video games are two different things, I know what it takes to win in real life and in simulators. In FM3 online competitions you would do ANYTHING it took to the edge of the rules to win. I will do the same in all these rounds as well. I discovered the pit road line was faster on chance when my car got loose exiting. I corrected by driving the line and It gave me about .150. I continue to use it but if I feel the car can take the line in full track bounds I will. If anyone doesnt think track cutting occurs in real life, then they have to go learn more about racing.

HEY Brian vickers! DONT DO THAT!!! Wait, you got POLE?! I want to revoke your time, youre clearly out of the tracks boundaries!!!!
149_Brian_Vickers_061909_0296.jpg

Good luck to everyone.

^^^ That's different though. I use the run-off at Tsukuba in the last turn. Hopping over a 10-foot section of grass to use a pit-road exit (which is not part of the "track") is the issue...

^^^ That's different though. I use the run-off at Tsukuba in the last turn. Hopping over a 10-foot section of grass to use a pit-road exit (which is not part of the "track") is the issue...

Let it go man, just let it go already. The guys at pd and sony left that out for a reason. In the other TT using the cape going the other way, it's a penalty to use the pit road on entry. They gave people a way to make up a couple tenths in order to make it on a difficult track.

Sorry Choate, I kind of brought it back up, I just wanted to put my input in. Ill be adding you on GT5 shortly, Id like to run some laps possibly.

Sorry Choate, I kind of brought it back up, I just wanted to put my input in. Ill be adding you on GT5 shortly, Id like to run some laps possibly.

I don;t mind you bringing it back up. I like seeing the flames being fanned a bit. Nothing like a good ole debate.

NP with the friend request.

My take on the matter is, I dont like doing it, Its not a popular thing to do, but it helps me go faster, breaks no rules, and if it is banned then I will change my line as well. Im not shattering any records, Im top 20 and im happy with that. But every track has a trick to it. Just did Monza FGT and the chicanes are a good example. When I do race Cape, I do take that line, and never get any complaints. People copy me actually.

PS Choate your Friends list is full. haha

My take on the matter is, I dont like doing it, Its not a popular thing to do, but it helps me go faster, breaks no rules, and if it is banned then I will change my line as well. Im not shattering any records, Im top 20 and im happy with that. But every track has a trick to it. Just did Monza FGT and the chicanes are a good example. When I do race Cape, I do take that line, and never get any complaints. People copy me actually.

PS Choate your Friends list is full. haha

Ok i will remove the least popular person lol.

that's a great idea. Okay who ever can mow the most grass gets on the list.

I know your being sarcastic but that would eliminate any/most GTP Registry member as it is against the etiquette we are trying to uphold here at GTPlanet.

I'm sure you don't care.

Last edited:
I know your being sarcastic but that would eliminate any/most GTP Registry member as it is against the etiquette we are trying to uphold here at GTPlanet.

I'm sure you don't care.

I'm a GTP registry member? It really doesn't matter to me about how I get on someones Friendslist. When I race the WRS I change my driving accordingly with the rules. Right now I'm using my other tag for the GT Academy, of course he is being sarcastic, don't worry about it man, he is just poking fun at all the tightwads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back