GT Academy: Fedup with folks who go off the track? Not playing clean?

• Thread starter Deuce350z
  • 476 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
challenge-accepted.jpg

lol@ the last few pages of this thread.

P.S. - Someone actually submitted a video of that on Eiger with the wall slamming??? Unbelievable...

More like egging us on to give him more fuel for the fire. Which is exactly why I despise people like him.

Yeah youve made that known about 30 times. We understand.

That's the first time I've said it, so get off my back.

Choate = extremely sarcastic = my new best friend.

Man I said I was done with this thread but this is just f-ularious.

To say that you despise someone - who is clearly a very sarcastic person - who you obviously have never met in person (neither have I, mind you) - Is just beyond me...

flamewar.jpg

I just want to post the fastest times - within the rules set by PD/Nissan - and hopefully continue on in the competition. Video games don't always equate to real life and if PD thinks that line should fly than so be it. The track is setup for multiple comfigurations (Cape Ring) and clearly the folks at PD felt that in that configuration that line is ok - if you run a time trial in reverse it actually does DQ your time if you take that line.

I love visiting this thread for some comic releif though... :cheers:

:lol: Awesome.

Jerome

I mod, how's it going? Say, you mind closing this thing up? Letting this crap go on doesn't look good for this site. Don't ya think?

K, thanks.

Man I said I was done with this thread but this is just f-ularious.

To say that you despise someone - who is clearly a very sarcastic person - who you obviously have never met in person (neither have I, mind you) - Is just beyond me...

Wouldn't you say that if someone was on your last nerve? If I met him in person, it would be ugly.

I encourage the most people possible to be pissed at me (Cept for Hunk, he is scary) SPECIALLY if you're going to the finals in FL.

The more enemies I make,the warmer inside I feel. Muahahahahaha

He's really getting on your every last nerve? That's sad and this thread isn't even that terrible, it's actually quite entertaining and not even getting too out of line imo. Sure it's OT at this point, but it's humorous.

I mod, how's it going? Say, you mind closing this thing up? Letting this crap go on doesn't look good for this site. Don't ya think?

K, thanks.

Wouldn't you say that if someone was on your last nerve? If I met him in person, it would be ugly.

1. We get that you want this thread closed.... Pretty sure asking multiple times isn't going to change anything. Most of us are simply having a discussion about the "issue," and I realize you've been egged on by others so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

2. If this discussion took place in person I'm not all that sure Choate51 would be on your last nerve. A lot of sarcasm / humor is lost in translation to words. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to find that people on both sides of the argument have almost everything in common.

I don't know how old you are and I don't know if its an age thing but I usually check a lot of my emotions at the door for forum participation. In real life we all would prefer "clean" racing and I'm sure would drive quite a bit different. This happens to be a video game though so a lot goes out the window.

Abiding by the rules set = not cheating. Period.

The funniest thing to me as that what little I know of Choate51, I'm pretty sure he's a big enough person to take you "despising" him with a grain of salt.

Abiding by the rules set = not cheating. Period.

The funniest thing to me as that what little I know of Choate51, I'm pretty sure he's a big enough person to take you "despising" him with a grain of salt.

1) I never said it was cheating.

2) I'm sure he will, and he'll find another sarcastic remark to say that will piss me off further. When people act like that, I don't care if it's on the internet, it shows just as much what they are like off the net. I'm usually a nice guy, but when you piss me off you don't want to be around me.

Exactly.

If Sony and PD are going to allow this, then it's not worth running the contest to me. I don't want to be part of something where people are allowed to cheat to win.

1) I never said it was cheating.

2) I'm sure he will, and he'll find another sarcastic remark to say that will piss me off further. When people act like that, I don't care if it's on the internet, it shows just as much what they are like off the net. I'm usually a nice guy, but when you piss me off you don't want to be around me.

1. Clearly you've posted so many times that you don't remember.

2. If his sarcasm is that powerful than I actually feel bad for you. He has been helping other drivers improve and giving them pointers on real world techniques that translate well into the game. From what I can tell of you "on the net" I wouldn't much enjoy being around you - but I'm wise enough to realize that I don't know you - and I would never judge someone by forum posts.

1. Clearly you've posted so many times that you don't remember.

Ok, well that's not really what I meant.

2. If his sarcasm is that powerful than I actually feel bad for you. He has been helping other drivers improve and giving them pointers on real world techniques that translate well into the game. From what I can tell of you "on the net" I wouldn't much enjoy being around you - but I'm wise enough to realize that I don't know you - and I would never judge someone by forum posts.

I never said anything bad about him teaching people techniques. I think it's great. Everyone just needs to cool it and stop with the sarcastic posts. It just adds fuel to the fire and we end up where we are now. I've made my point that I don't like him, or many others posting here, and we'll just keep it that way. I could care less if nobody likes me.

Ok, well that's not really what I meant.

I never said anything bad about him teaching people techniques. I think it's great. Everyone just needs to cool it and stop with the sarcastic posts. It just adds fuel to the fire and we end up where we are now. I've made my point that I don't like him, or many others posting here, and we'll just keep it that way. I could care less if nobody likes me.

👍

Point I'm trying to make is that I don't care enough about a forum post to judge someone by it. I know you didn't say anything bad about him teaching other people, etc. - my point goes back to my feelings about Ayrton Senna (someone else you would have despised). He was a sarcastic, dirty SOB on the race track but had a heart of gold and was just an all around amazing human being.

....But who am I kidding - all of my other posts fell on deaf ears, I'm sure you won't let me down on this one... :sly:

Edit: I'm not even going to put you on my "ignore list."

Edit: Just in case - the above was sarcasm...

I've only heard of Ayrton Senna, never seen him race so I just ignored those posts because I don't know enough about him to comment.

Deaf ears? I just chose not to respond to some parts. What's wrong with that?

I've only heard of Ayrton Senna, never seen him race so I just ignored those posts because I don't know enough about him to comment.

Deaf ears? I just chose not to respond to some parts. What's wrong with that?

I retract a lot of what I've said... Never heard of Ayrton Senna?

That explains a lot... Try google - most believe him to be the best F1 driver to ever race. Sadly he died at Imola at the age of 34.

I retract a lot of what I've said... Never heard of Ayrton Senna?

That explains a lot... Try google - most believe him to be the best F1 driver to ever race. Sadly he died at Imola at the age of 34.

Read my post again.

Okay... in more words - don't know enough about him to understand what most other racing fans would understand pretty easily...

and again - that was sarcasm

You lost me. I said I don't know much, you said I don't know him at all, I told you to read the post again. Sacrasm?

Oh lord... re- read and corrected. When I bring up Senna you don't appear to know the subject well enough to understand what a lot of other race fans do. Ruthless on the track, heart of gold outside of it like many of the best racers. Sarcasm does not "fan the fire" and it should not make you dislike someone (in my opinion of course).

In the end it's your loss so just forget we ever discussed it - you've already reinforced that you will not like Choate51 - even if you were to meet him in person.

I for one am moving on with my life.

I like to call it...debating.

I have a rule that I do not play video games while my wife is home and awake. This rule will need to be "modified" for the next round(s). At this point, I'm sure I will be engaging in some "debating" that is bound to be equally as pleasant as the conversation in this thread.

This is hilarious..

As much I honor the GTP rules, this is not a GTP competition. I sure would love them to honor the basics that we do here (I'm 100% sure 100% of the top 10 and others too would also). But all these PD competitions are ran with "PD rules" (pun not intented). So I think we all have to just be ok with that, good or bad, that's just the way it is. These competitions are for serious prize, no one who has the will & the skill to go all the way has room to restrain themselves with their own rules. Sad? Still a yes, even if it's just doing the same thing as the next guy. Oh, maybe around 50 guys in the world could do it without these in the end, but that is a different subject.

The people making these comps do these as they see fit, and "we" (you) will just need to behave accordingly. It's stupid I know, but there is no way anyone can stop the competitors just finding the time they can find, within the competition rules. As long as it is not forbidden, it is allowed.

What is so hard to understand?

Last edited:
This is hilarious..

As much I honor the GTP rules, this is not a GTP competition. I sure would love them to honor the basics that we do here (I'm 100% sure 100% of the top 10 and others too would also). But all these PD competitions are ran with "PD rules" (pun not intented). So I think we all have to just be ok with that, good or bad, that's just the way it is. These competitions are for serious prize, no one that who has the will & the skill to go all the way has room to restrain themselves with their own rules. Sad? Still a yes, even if it's just doing the same thing as the next guy. Oh, maybe around 50 guys in the world could do it without these in the end, but that is a different subject.

The people making these comps do these as they see fit, and "we" (you) will just need to behave accordingly. It's stupid I know, but there is no way anyone can stop the competitors just finding the time they can find, within the competition rules. As long as it is not forbidden, it is allowed.

What is so hard to understand?

Pretty sure I've always been on board with this train of thought... :cheers:

Exactly what part would be ugly, the part that I get a trip to the UK and you go back home part. Or the part where I've played HS hockey, football and wouldn't be afraid of some keyboard jockey? Plus I can use my john deere lawnmower and still beat you at the cape so haha! So exactly what part would be ugly? please I'm listening. Oh, have I gotten to your last nerve yet LOL

Boy did I miss some lighter fluid action eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back