GT Academy July 2013!!

Wardez
Definitely human. He's the second one on the right:

This is from the 2008 GT Academy.

I doubt that. He's either an alien in disguise or a genetically engineered human that will one day try taking over the world. :lol:

This is from the 2008 GT Academy.

Fixed with epic Microsoft Paint skills.

9259708624_8e7cf2b4e1_z.jpg

heheh, reminds me of an incident with another certain fast French driver:
bqaoZzt.jpeg

^^^ :lol:👍

Alien drivers are among us, I knew it! But I couldn't tell anyone..they watch your every move. :lol:

I remember that gtacademy but I dont remember seeing him a lot, I think the fastest guy in it was the swedish guy in the middle, he chocked up at the end and thats why he didnt win, I wonder whether he got a drive somewhere else, cause he was very quick

I remember that gtacademy but I dont remember seeing him a lot, I think the fastest guy in it was the swedish guy in the middle, he chocked up at the end and thats why he didnt win, I wonder whether he got a drive somewhere else, cause he was very quick

He chocked while racing, and you still believe he have race real car before :dunce:???
Well sorry i don't really know what that means.

Last edited:
People have to remember that it's really difficult to tell who is the best driver, especially for just one week of race camp. Race driver can perform bad in some day and good in other days. The best thing to have in order to perform well is adapting, since barely anyone in the race camp have driven the same nissan car and its setup that is in the camp.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-academy-finalists-unsung-successes/

http://www.midmark-motorsport.com/

As you can see in those two articles, Chris Midmark (Swedish guy) went on to a successful career in Swedish touring cars and other disciplines. Still very fast. My friend Denilson can fill you in on more since he was the runner up to Chris for the first GTA Swedish Nationals.

LMAO Doodle xDDDDDD.
Unlucky Spurgy :(, But if you did it once i could do it again ;). Pretty sure you'll be very soon into 16's. For my part, hope to reach 17.2 today :)

I would try join you but this 'hot' weather is unmissable. I'll try get on... tomorrow.

This is my problem at the minute, I play Gran Turismo in a cabin and it just gets way too hot in here, I guess it's good practice for being in a proper race car. :sly:

What is everyone's thoughts on Active Steering? I've been running with it on as it makes me a little more consistent out of the loop corner (where I struggle mainly). Not sure if it's making me slower over the lap or not though...

This is my problem at the minute, I play Gran Turismo in a cabin and it just gets way too hot in here, I guess it's good practice for being in a proper race car. :sly:

What is everyone's thoughts on Active Steering? I've been running with it on as it makes me a little more consistent out of the loop corner (where I struggle mainly). Not sure if it's making me slower over the lap or not though...

It's the work of the Devil, instant Vulcan spray... I mean, it'll make you slower. Yeah. :sly:

Well done guys!!!
The only country with 2 guys at the top ten ;), Oh i forgot Titech, and Chap. But we'r discussing if Titech is really from this world lol.

If you haven't done any, I'd start now and start hard if I'm honest!
I would have thought though someone racing in Formula Jedi will have decent fitness levels already so shouldn't be much of a problem. Good luck Spurgy on the championship, will there be clashes with GT Academy to compete in all the races?

I would have thought though someone racing in Formula Jedi will have decent fitness levels already so shouldn't be much of a problem. Good luck Spurgy on the championship, will there be clashes with GT Academy to compete in all the races?

Well I have pretty good core strength, but when it comes to running/press ups (something you don't need for racing unless you break down :P), I generally struggle, so will be working on them the more :)

And thanks, hoping for a podium finish, but the cars reliability has been worse than expected and we're really struggling for money at the moment. Not helped by the fact there are 3 race weekends in 5 weeks, almost half the races this season, totalling to £8,000 :( As for clashes, there shouldn't be any hopefully, my closest race to boot camp is 21st of September 👍

Not yet, should really start doing some :lol: Anyone got any good ideas for fitness training?

Quickest way to get fit before August is playing some basketball, I say basketball because the intensity of running up down the court will get you fit very quickly. If you don't play basketball, football is good but you have to run a lot. also start biking on the road :) and the rowing machine in the gym. That should get you slightly fit a lot quicker than jogging. Good luck

Well I have pretty good core strength, but when it comes to running/press ups (something you don't need for racing unless you break down :P), I generally struggle, so will be working on them the more :)

And thanks, hoping for a podium finish, but the cars reliability has been worse than expected and we're really struggling for money at the moment. Not helped by the fact there are 3 race weekends in 5 weeks, almost half the races this season, totalling to £8,000 :( As for clashes, there shouldn't be any hopefully, my closest race to boot camp is 21st of September 👍
Should do well in plank test at least then, as mentioned already, every little excercise helps especially ones targeted to what is tested in the actual finals and also race camp. I would assume you will do well in real driving, and also GT driving (Going by your Sig) and that should alone be enough to make top 6.

I don't know if this part comes into it, the last race of the championship if it is after race camp and you manage to win GT Academy:
not have an existing competition driving contract with any motor sports team, body, agent or management company that conflicts with his/her ability to accept the Race Camp Prize;

Anything can happen in motor racing so you might still have a chance of winning even if leader has got a good gap now. Hopefully you manage to keep on racing and keep 2nd place at least although seems very competitive the second and third positions.

Latest Posts

Back