GT Academy July 2013!!

No the people they pick just get trips to the racer x event. Anyone can show up those five just get special treatment or at least that's what I understand.

I thought the same too, though can't find it in the rules section.

I hope so though, in case my entry doesn't make it, and LA is a 30 min drive from me.

If I learned anything from last year's Racer X is to try it more than once! Gahh, drove 2 hours to San Diego and didn't even give it a second or third shot. :guilty:

Media is part of being a pro-driver. If you get through based on this then you'll ace all the media tests they might have in the national final/race camp.

There's no media or physical portions in US National finals.

I thought the same too, though can't find it in the rules section.

I hope so though, in case my entry doesn't make it, and LA is a 30 min drive from me.

If I learned anything from last year's Racer X is to try it more than once! Gahh, drove 2 hours to San Diego and didn't even give it a second or third shot. :guilty:

I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be like last year with a line, open to the public. This "video submission" thing is to pick 5 winners to go compete inside E3. So only those 5 people will be able to compete for the spot, which sounds weird honestly. Looking forward to more info.

There's no media or physical portions in US National finals.

I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be like last year with a line, open to the public. This "video submission" thing is to pick 5 winners to go compete inside E3. So only those 5 people will be able to compete for the spot, which sounds weird honestly. Looking forward to more info.

Here's what it says for prize: access without waiting in the general public line for the Racer X Competition Tournament on June 12-13, 2013. Seems to me that would imply there is a line like last year.

This interview is quite interesting, over a week old but just saw it:

India might be new country added to GT Academy program and most interesting part at the end is the way people are going to qualify is meant to be really exciting.

This interview is quite interesting, over a week old but just saw it:

India might be new country added to GT Academy program and most interesting part at the end is the way people are going to qualify is meant to be really exciting.

Great find Saidur. From a demographic point of view solely looking at the numbers it makes sense for them to expand in that direction. If anything it reminds me of this https://www.facebook.com/onefromabillion. I'm still hoping for it to return here in New Zealand though. Having an Asia-Pacific GT Academy would be something 👍

On a note related to the video, I love seeing Darren really work hard to sell his product - "We have 2 GT Academy graduates competing in Le Mans this year!" - it's almost as if they haven't done it before :lol:

But yeah, back to one of my only points of being in this forum - Mr. Cox, Nissan employees, PlayStation employees; if any of you read this thread I beg you on behalf of New Zealand (and even Australia) to bring it back to our part of the world!

Everything that stopped me from competing last year has been all sorted out! I look forward to seeing some familiar faces hopefully this year, I'll definitely be throwing my hat in the ring :) Look for my video submission in the next 2 days as well ;)

Good deal Patrick. Hopefully i can make it back to nationals again this year.

Who says they won't this year ;)

3rd year of the Euro GT academy was when they decided to change the national final format just as a point of reference.

ahh, trust me, I know. It won't be changing here. Talked about it specifically with the organizers.

Here's what it says for prize: access without waiting in the general public line for the Racer X Competition Tournament on June 12-13, 2013. Seems to me that would imply there is a line like last year.

Cool, I didn't get to read the rules till I got back from work last night, sounds like a good deal!

Boy are people going to be hating on those privileged 5 seeing them cut the line xD

Boy are people going to be hating on those privileged 5 seeing them cut the line xD

Dave-Chappelle-Pushes-Girl-Out-of-the-Way-In-Club.gif

:P

Quick question. My understanding is the top 32 from the TT's go race each other on GT5 in a LAN type environment..

My question is, to the guys that have been there... How was the racing etiquette between you guys? Feel free to be very descriptive.

Quick question. My understanding is the top 32 from the TT's go race each other on GT5 in a LAN type environment..

My question is, to the guys that have been there... How was the racing etiquette between you guys? Feel free to be very descriptive.

I was there in Germany last year. For me it was a little dissapointing, cause they allowed others to push you out of the track! Only when someone turned another one around he got a penalty. So you should prepare for a little rough fight,cause everybody wants to win!

They have a judge standing over each persons shoulder. If you block, dive bomb, get too rough with contact, etc you get points taken away. Get too many penalites and you get DQ'd I believe, don't really remember as I don't think that happened to any one.

I kinda made it a point to not get any penalties so that I could purposely use them later if I had to. I did have too. Final round, maybe final race, I was being pretty brutal and made a hail mary pass in the final chicane of Spa. Taking my 2nd place with penalties vs a clean 3rd was the difference between making Top 16 and not, so it paid off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGVj5BE2s6g

This is a vid from last year. The racing is generally very fair. I was pretty aggressive here to be honest. :P

Last edited:
They have a judge standing over each persons shoulder. If you block, dive bomb, get too rough with contact, etc you get points taken away. Get too many penalites and you get DQ'd I believe, don't really remember as I don't think that happened to any one.

I kinda made it a point to not get any penalties so that I could purposely use them later if I had to. I did have too. Final round, maybe final race, I was being pretty brutal and made a hail mary pass in the final chicane of Spa. Taking my 2nd place with penalties vs a clean 3rd was the difference between making Top 16 and not, so it paid off.

Yeah there were no DQ's for the US guys this past year although there were more than a few penalties handed out. I for one didn't get any penalties, but I did let people back by twice bc if I felt that I had done something that might deserve one. I just followed the gtp racing guidelines and was good :P

In other news, I just submitted my video for this years Racer X competition :D Hope you guys like it!

Another win from GT Academy racers :D

969312_10151470009805197_1857771151_n.jpg

Well done Alex Buncombe, Lucas Ordonez and Peter Pyzera – what a race! Victory in the Pro-Am class for the No. 35 Nissan GT-R GT3 at Silverstone, the home of GT Academy. Luck wasn’t fully on the side of the Nissan GT Academy Team RJN this weekend, with the No. 32 retiring with a technical fault late on in the race, but it was great to see Alex, Lucas and Peter on the top step of the podium. It’s amazing to think that a year ago GT Academy Champion Peter had no racing experience beyond Gran Turismo on his PlayStation 3!

I might actually try hard this year since i'm actually old enough. Last year my highest rank was 341st on the final round.

the key is to keep doing runs and don't get frustrated, last i checked i was 68th in the final round with a day or two left, probably closer to 100th by the end of the competition, the 4 wheel drift/trail braking turn before the bridge and the last two turns did me in.

The final two corners sucked. My fastest lap, which was good for 11th or so in U.S., was about a tenth behind my best ghost. Naturally I was relaxed and just hucked it through the last two corners and ended up mauling my ghost...never could get the whole run together.

Love watching onboards like this, cheers for posting. Looks like a bit of a handful to drive over the limit, nice work.

I think it's because they had to limit it to RWD, rather than AWD? Making it a bit more of a handful as you say :D!

I will most likely attend this event as it's only 30 min.'s away, without LA traffic lol Just have to figure out how to work it around my job :P

Also, wondering if we could attempt it more than once?

You can most definitely can, it's a long line though, so it's all about queueing up the whole day and bring a friend so he can stand in for you while you get refreshed or whatever.

Back